What's new

With proper Kameo usage, will unsafe moves truly be unsafe?

molambo

(X ౪ X )
I agree. I think a lot will depend on how quickly Kameo meter regenerates, but essentially it comes down to resource allocation. I also wonder if there might be Kameos to try and negate an opponent's plus strings, something like a teleport, armored mobility move, or a shield/barrier of some kind.
Scorpions back pull kameo move seemed to have armor so it might act as a pressure string escape?

Scorpions back pull kameo move seemed to have armor so it might act as a pressure string escape?
I feel like there’s going to be a trade off for something that powerful.

To be able to get full screen with the push of a button is huge…but Scorpion IS hitting you with a spear and I feel like in order to prevent abuse of that, you might take damage.

Unless the cooldown on it is much greater?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Limiting things like that is what they're trying to avoid. They tried to be overbearing balance lords in MK11 by telling us what variations we could use, then when they finally made them custom they still put restrictions on what can be used with what and what couldn't.

I say fuck that bullshit. Let it all rock.
I couldn’t agree more. Ever since MK9, NRS has tried to walk this delicate balance of a game that appeals to the casuals, but is balanced enough to be taken seriously competitively. But the flaw in their approach is that instead of elevating the weaker characters, they always tend to lean more to absolutely gutting the good characters, or the things that decent to good characters have that make them super fun to use.

I’m of course not advocating for them to not take balance into consideration, not at all. Quite the opposite actually. I just want them to look at how they balance the game differently. I know it’s a lot more work buffing a bunch of characters when you could just nerf a few, and I wouldn’t necessarily have an issue with that if they didn’t always seem to overnerf characters. Essentially, instead of making every character a cripple in the name of “balance”, why not instead make every character capable of holding their own almost no matter what because their wings haven’t been clipped?

Just a thought…

BumbleBee

Power of Toasty
Yes, i'm afraid this will be the case. They can make every assist do unique things, but, ultimately, the most valuable of them wiil be the ones, that either give you plus frames or let you spam unsafe nonsense without any repercussions. In other words, those who desperately wanted MKX's thoughtless rushdown - rejoice. Let's see, if history repeats itself and you sing the same songs of praise about it (after initially hating it).