What's new

Wishlist: Alt/Extra costumes

BGMD

Kombatant
So since they are pimping out Flashpoint skins, anyone think we may get one for Shazam, aka "Captain Thunder"? It would probably be closest to classic look that we could get.

BGMD

Kombatant
That would be hilarious if they don't bother to change his intro and young Billy yells SHAZAM... lightning strikes and "BOOYAH, I'm black"!

GotOverThere

Alien Life Form
They should at least make the models that are already in the game available for actual use by the players.

From what I can remember offhand, that's:

*Clark Kent
*Unmasked Batman
*Wonder Woman's Dress (though I could see this one potentially having clipping issues or needing modification to work properly)
*Street Clothes Hal Jordan
*Classic Sinestro (really surprised this one isn't available)
*Classic Doomsday (ie. the suit he was imprisoned in during his first appearance)

I didn't include Business Suit Lex since that wouldn't really work with his hitbox and fight style.

James Keel

He that delivers sadness by kicking your ass
I'd pay for secret identity DLC.

Clark Kent in a suit and tie
Bruce Wayne in a suit
Diana in an Amazonian dress
Aquaman in royal garb
Cyborg (human form)
Barry Allen in forensic lab coat
Teth Adam in Egyptian robe
Dick Grayson
Oliver Queen
Hal Jordan
Selina Kyle
Slade
Harleen Quinzel
Billy Batson (might not work here because of the low hit boxes), but you get the idea.

Again it may not work for everyone (esp the bulky characters), but it'd be a fun twist on the game.

GotOverThere

Alien Life Form
So now we know that Lobo's release will not only see a compatibility pack, put it will also coincide with the release of two paid skin packs (Teen Titans and Bad Girls).

If one assumes that the trend of two costume packs being released along side a character remains true for the remaining three characters, that would mean 6 more skin packs (plus one skin for each of the compatibility packs, so 21 skins total).

However, the Preorder Skin Packs will probably take some of those slots. For the sake of argument, let's assume it breaks down like this:

Lobo: Teen Titans Pack & Bad Girls Pack + Flashpoint Batman Compatibility Skin
Batgirl: Arkham City Pack & [New Skins] Pack + New Compatibility Skin
Character #3: Red Son Pack & [New Skins] Pack + New Compatibility Skin
Character #4: New 52 Pack & [New Skins] Pack + New Compatibility Skin

(Side Note: Assuming the price of the Flashpoint Pack is consistent, then if you don't have any of the above, the total cost of buying the skins listed there would be $32...then add in the $15 Season Pass to reach $47 total for all DLC).

Then throw in the Blackest Night and Arrow skin in there somewhere since they aren't convenient packs of 3 skins like all the others. No idea how they'd price them though.

That leaves us with at least 12 new skins that we don't already know about (9 from unknown packs and 3 freebies for compatibility).

However, let's do some quick math.

24 Characters with their Default Costumes
+24 Alternate Regime/Insurgency Costumes
+27 Preorder/Unlockable Costumes
+4 DLC Characters (for the moment we're assuming they're not getting alternates)
+4 Compatibility Skins (Flashpoint Batman + 3 Unknowns)
+6 skins from the Teen Titans Pack & Bad Girls Pack being released when Lobo is released
+9 skins from three different Unknown Skin Packs
=98 Skins Total

If DLC Characters have alternate costumes, that brings us to 102, which meets Boon's quote of "Over 100 skins." Which again means that there are only about a dozen skins that we haven't already seen (not counting DLC characters). If DLC Characters don't have alternate costumes that means there'd need to be at least another skin pack to bring the total to 101 (which also meets the "Over 100 skins" quote).

Granted, I've learned to expect the bare minimum from game developers, as if I don't get my hopes up I can't be disappointed. Especially after all they could have done for MK but they only did retro alts for ninjas and cyborgs. So for the time being I'm only expecting there to be about 12 or so skins left to be revealed for this game. Which is still a lot more than most games. If there are more, I get to be pleasantly surprised.

(Naturally this all goes out the window if they decide to do a second season pass)

NightRaven

"Nightwing or NightestWing?"
Since Nightwing wasn't included in the Teen Titans DLC pack I think they are gonna put him in a Bat-Family DLC pack when Bat-girl releases.

Bat-Family Pack:
Nightwing->Robin(pls with long pants)
Bat-Girl->Batwoman,Classic Batgirl,Cassandra Cain(really can't go wrong with any of them honestly)
The Batman->Classic Batman(Blue/Grey-Short ear batman),Traditional batman(Long ears, Black/gray colors,Yellow/Black symbol)

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Batgirl should release with all those skins.
Seriously buying a DLC character and then being asked to buy their skins separately is a bloody joke.

BGMD

Kombatant
Batgirl should release with all those skins.
Seriously buying a DLC character and then being asked to buy their skins separately is a bloody joke.
6 stupid skins cost more than a character...
and if you look mathematically $5 for a char is overpaying by double... even if you exclude all other modes that game offers ($60/24 ch = $2,5)
god, I hate this modern DLC crap...

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Need a Lantern skin pack.

-White Lantern Sinestro
-Classic Sinestro from first comic
-Blue Lantern
-Yellow Lantern Superman