What's new

Guide Wisdom of Solomon: Complete Guide to Shazam

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
what twitch video?
the one where i told you and pig about f2xxd4 with zod. after that there was a post about how pig and wonderchef found you can cancel normals into zod trait grab. i asked you about the video a day later and then it was taken down. but u still have videos from 11 months back. then i asked u why it was taken down and you said "i dunno" just seems weird.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
the one where i told you and pig about f2xxd4 with zod. after that there was a post about how pig and wonderchef found you can cancel normals into zod trait grab. i asked you about the video a day later and then it was taken down. but u still have videos from 11 months back. then i asked u why it was taken down and you said "i dunno" just seems weird.
Twitch doesn't keep videos for ever unless you choose to save them.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Updated with a list of who can punish point blank torpedo, and how they can do it:

Me said:
Unfortunately, Torpedo can be punished by a large portion of the cast. Fortunately, the move is more or less safe depending on how far away you are when you do it. Far away torpedos are the least safe, while point blank is safe on most of the cast. Here is a list of who can punish a point blank Torpedo (for example B2 xx Torpedo or 22 xx Torpedo) and their best ways to punish it.

Aquaman - B1 Combo. B1 hits, but b12 whiffs. F2 also works. (B12 hits fully sometimes based on where Shazam's B2 hits.)
Bane - D1 xx Double Punch
Batgirl - Nothing
Batman - Nothing
Black Adam - Nothing
Catwoman - Nothing
Cyborg - Nothing
Deathstroke - Sword Flip
Doomsday - Nothing
Flash - Lightning Charge MB Combo / Lightning Uppercut
Green Arrow - Nothing
Green Lantern - B1 Combo / B13 Combo / Lift Combo
Harley Quinn - Nothing
Joker - Nothing
Killer Frost - Nothing
Lex - Corp Charge
Lobo - Nothing
Martian Manhunter - Trait 3
Nightwing (Escrima) - Nothing
Nightwing (Staff) - 1 xx MB Ground Pound Combo
Raven - Nothing
Scorpion - Nothing
Shazam - MB HM Combo
Sinestro - Trait Combo
Solomon Grundy - Nothing
Superman - F23 may or may not hit depending on where the b2 hits you. Will not punish after 22 xx Torpedo
Wonder Woman - Nothing
Zatanna - Nothing
Zod - Nothing

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Updated with a list of who can punish point blank torpedo, and how they can do it:
I'm fairly sure Joker can punish it with b1 and cancel into flower or crowbar. Not huge damage, but something. Might get out-spaced on point blank torpedo though? I feel like I've done it though...

EGP Wonder_Chef

I'm fairly sure Joker can punish it with b1 and cancel into flower or crowbar. Not huge damage, but something. Might get out-spaced on point blank torpedo though? I feel like I've done it though...
Yeah not from point blank, definitely from further ranges.

Although nearly everybody can punish it from further ranges.

shinobispectre

Heart of A Champion, Skill of a Noob :P
For your b2, 3 > 3 xx HM MB > whatever combo

You can end with J3, HM for 40%. The only trick to hitting this HM is inputting it while you're in the air (basically hitting it at the same time as J3) so that when you land, the game will read your final input of the HM. Gravity scaling means that you cannot delay this though.
Yeah you can do the same and end with Achilles' Clutch too. Input as if canceling the j3 and it works. Sometimes it can seem to whiff depending on how you time your j3 but still fun.

EDIT: Why can't this guide be on the front page as well?

Last edited:

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
this guide is awesome. I use shazam for pure un-adulterated fun and now you've given me a guide to have even more fun with him :)

shinobispectre

Eh chalking it up to TYM Illuminati then, second question is d2 tick throw valuable? You kind of have to commit to a throw but it's so fast and seems it would work so well! Guess it's all in the reads.... What are opinions on b1,2,3 as well? Ending in a low knockdown regardless that it is soft seems valuable and Shazam has few lows... Good to throw off the opponent?

EGP Wonder_Chef

Eh chalking it up to TYM Illuminati then, second question is d2 tick throw valuable? You kind of have to commit to a throw but it's so fast and seems it would work so well! Guess it's all in the reads.... What are opinions on b1,2,3 as well? Ending in a low knockdown regardless that it is soft seems valuable and Shazam has few lows... Good to throw off the opponent?
B123 doesn't give you a long enough knockdown to do anything, they recover really fast. Also it's very telegraphed.

D2 tick throws are great. I like D2 by itself a lot though.

shinobispectre

For the guide, any advice on trait? Setups etc. I know we discussed most of it in the Shazam forums, just curious on your opinion.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Thank you for this awesome guide!

A lot of this I have experienced before, but I did find some new things in there.

I was surprised to see the Meaty MB HM ender section in there; a local Shazam found that a while back and asked me not to share it, but never saw it anywhere else before.
Since the cat's out of the bag anyway, doing dash under>meaty HM can only be escaped by doing a wakeup, but doing dash under>teleport through them causes wakeups to whiff and then get full combo punished making it a 50/50 for any character who doesn't have a forward moving wakeup. Not sure if that was already known or not, but thought I'd throw it out there since I didn't see it in the guide.