What's new

Winter Brawl 5 Winners & Shoutouts

DanCock

Cock Master!!
hey dan, nice to meet you! lol didnt know you also main scorp. cant wait to see scorp in action in MK9
yea he was the only character i can stomach in mk vs dc.. for MK9 ill be back to Kitana and Sindel along with scorpion, Raiden, Kabal and Kung Lao.

it was very very nice meeting you as well :)

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Storms - I'm absolutely happy to have met you for the first time. We had such a great time, laughing, cracking jokes, and plenty of serious conversations. Like I told you when I got there, "I finally got to meet up with my partner!" I had a great time hanging out with you, and I'm glad I made the trip, it was worth it. And you will be seeing more of me in the future.

AC - Congratulations on winning UMK3, you absolutely deserve it. It was great meeting you for the first time, you're a hell of a guy, and I hope to see you in Cali one of these days. The picture I took of you was great, by the way. I'll post it later today for you. See you again soon, Simon.

DarkRob - You're a really great guy man. It was definitely nice finally meeting you in person, and it was fun playing you on the MegaCab and on Mame. For some reason, I always feel like I learn games when I play you. Thank you for letting me room with you the first day, and thank you for the stick I stole from you!(JK) lol

9.95(Phil) - It was awesome meeting you. I've never seen a guy work as hard as you do. You owned running the brackets, and everything else. You do so much for this community, you are definitely a leader for this community, and I absolutely look up to you man. Keep doing what you do best, and I will see you at the next tournament!

Shock - You're one of the chillest guys I've ever met. It was great to see you again, and hopefully we can compete once MK9 drops. You have very nice sticks man, what you do, and have done for the community is awesome, and you have my respect for a lifetime. I hope to see you soon.

REO - After talking and playing along side you for so long, we finally got to meet up. It was a pleasure, and I'm looking forward to leveling up along side you for MK9. We have to keep BMF alive, and start getting ready to beat the shit out of everyone in a month! lol I look forward to seeing you at Power Up. And I'll try and hit you up on aim with Tom later. Oh, and I forgot to get your number, I'll PM you mine in a bit.

Summoning - Nice to meet you man, I've heard so many good things about you. It was nice to see you play some MK2 matches in Robs room.

Aure - I'm glad you made it out man, and it was nice chilling with you once again. You're one of my favorite people in the community. And I wish I was able to hang out more often with you. But for now, I'll see you at the next tournament. Maybe I'll pick up MVC3 for fun, just to get some matches in with you before MK9. And thank you so much for spotting me at McDonalds. But damn you for making me look like a crack addict! lol Maybe I'll get some free food when I visit that place. Either that or I'll get arrested. lol

Arez - You're a chill ass dude, and I'm happy that you made it through man. Next time we need to bring HDR and battle it out. I was only upset that you didn't crash in through the doors wrestling alligators! lol

Tom Brady(Bill) - It seems like we see each other every week. You're closely becoming one of my tournament buddies. I see you just as often as I do my Cali players, and we live so far away. I'm looking forward to leveling up with you. And since I see you often, I may not tell you man, but I look up to the player you are. Congrats on getting signed, and I'll see you at Power Up!

Dancock - Finally got to meet up with Dan. You're a great guy! So many thanks go to you for booking my flight. I wouldn't of made it out there without you dude. Thank you Thank you Thank you! Hopefully next time we get some more games going. Taco Bell rules! lol Oh, and FYI. You booked my flight to SAN(San Diego) airport for my arrival, not SNA(Santa Ana) My sis and bro had to drive 2 hours to pick me up for my fail... lol

THTB aka Azuro(Dontay) - FINALLY! I've known you for years man, and we finally got to meet. You're as chill as you are on the forums. I still remember the first time I met you via online MKA. You were this random guy with the gamer-tag, "Azuro." lol I cant believe everything from that day, led up to this great weekend. Dude, I'm glad we finally met. And hope to see you at Power Up!

Rissing - Congrats on getting 3rd on MKvsDC. You're a great guy, and I'm glad we got to chill on Sunday. We got to talk so much that day, it was definitely nice kicking it with you. Too bad we live so far away. But nevertheless, I will see you at the next tournament, Luis.

Rey The Great - I had no idea who you were until Rissing had told me. I really wish we had more time to chill, or have games. But definitely next time. Thank you so much for showing up man, and I hope you enjoyed yourself. See you soon.

Gerchap - Nice to meet you man. You're a hell of a guy, and definitely a friend. I hope to be seeing more of you in the coming future. If you ever need anything, don't be afraid to ask, we are all here for each other man. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing you again soon. And hit me up anytime you want to have a chat. See you soon.

Riu48 - Man, it was a pleasure to meet you man. Good shit on the interviews, and GG's on Super, and MKvsDC. I definitely look forward to playing you on MK9. Hope to see you again soon man. I'll be attending every tournament once MK9 drops, so you will be seeing more of me. Hit me up on aim when you get a chance. Also, I don't think I got your number, hit me up so I can give you mine.

Hey-Now - After years of playing you on MK. We finally got to meet. It was a pleasure meeting you for the first time man, glad you came through. And I definitely hope to see you again soon man. Keep coming out to these events.

Pistol - It was great finally meeting you man. Too bad we couldn't get more games going. But at least we got a few in. Those few games were worth 1000 times more than anything we have got in online. I'm looking forward to playing you again soon at the next tournament. I wont be playing SSFIV anymore, but hopefully we get some games in for MK9.

Psychochronic - Nice to finally have meet you man. Hope to be seeing you on some MK9 in the future. And see you at Power Up!

Rouse Bros - Nice to meet you both. And GG's on UMK3. It was really fun. Hit me up on XBL anytime. And hope to see you guys soon at the next tournament.

Red - ??? I was told that I talked to you. Who the hell were you? lol Damn you for being a ninja!

Thank you so much Big-E for hosting this event. I'm giving you the "CALI SEAL OF APPROVAL!" lol I had a blast. Thank you for giving the MK-Community a place to call home.

I hope I didn't miss any of you, if I did, I'll just update the list. There was just so many people there, and the atmosphere was great! But for now.

SEE YOU ALL AT POWER UP!

Noob
Still recovering from WB... when I have my head on straight, I will do shoutouts... for now.. full results:

KI
1: Koop
2: DanCock
3: summ0ning
4: Julian
5: 9.95
5: JusDave
7: Dr. Rouse
7: Aure

MK2
1: David Gem
2: btbb99
3: DCIGuy
4: summ0ning
5: Dookiebrain
5: REO
7: DanCock
7: Shock
9: Dsinnie
9: Kazi
9: Steve N
9: AC1984
13: LORDWORM
13: Dark Rob
13: Julian
13: 9.95
17: Riu48
17: Storms
17: Comeback

UMK3
1: AC1984
2: NoDoubt
3: Shock
4: REO
5: Chin
5: LI Joe
7: Chris
7: Prof. Rouse
9: Dr. Rouse
9: Comeback
9: Arez GoW
9: 9.95
13: DanCock
13: DJ Eric Darkside
13: summ0ning
13: Dark Rob
17: KrayzieBone
17: THTB
17: Tom Brady
17: Doc
17: Aure
17: btbb99
17: Steve H
17: SweetJohnnyCage
25: KW
25: Dishon
25: Kazi
25: Hubbs
25: Storms

Professor_Rouse

Local player only
Here's my shoutouts

Reo: Thanks for the tip with Kitana, it will help me alot on my matchup with Kabal and it was great seeing you again. Hope you come to Powerup.

NoDoubt: I told you man. If you didn't care, you would win and look how far you got man. You did well even though you was very nervous. See you at Powerup

Storms: It was great seeing you again man. This was my 4th tournament, with the first 2 tournaments, I got 2nd place. Great to see you again man, hope to see you at powerup.

9.95: I will have my revenge with your Chun-Li. LMAO. Great games and great tournament man. I'll be at Power Up so count me in on that tournament as well.

Summ0ning: Dude, all I can say is, WOW!!!!!!!!! What a Kung Lao!!!!!!!!!! Great Games. Can't wait to play you again man.

AC1984: Congrats man, you're the champ. How does it feel being the Champion of UMK3????? I bet it feel pretty good though. See you at Power Up man.

Arez God of War: Congrats on beating Doctor Rouse. Never knew you could pull that off. Even though I beat you, you are good and don't doubt it. I hope to see you again in the future tournaments. GGs.

Everyone that was watching the stream: Thanks for watching me in action guys. I hope to see o Juggernaut o, Check, and DC Hustle soon.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Damn, how many of you guys are going to Power Up? Meaning the "first" tournament for MK9?

AC and I both want to go... maybe we can drive together? I'm doubting I'll be able to go, but I'll see what I can do... :(

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Damn, how many of you guys are going to Power Up? Meaning the "first" tournament for MK9?

AC and I both want to go... maybe we can drive together? I'm doubting I'll be able to go, but I'll see what I can do... :(
I'll be there. But you already know this. :)

AC1984

Kaballin!
As long as there are 4-5 NE players that leave from the PA,NJ,NY,DC area I'm down for the road trip...or at least for now...fuck I'll buy a console later...I'll play mk9 here and there...whenever i can on whatever i can with whoever i can....

Doctor_Rouse

Mileena Player
Shoutouts, Here we go.

Storms- Good see you again. It's been a pleasure no doubt.

AC- I feel like I'm always getting beat by the champ since the first time I was there. GG No Doubt. Thanks for taking it easy with me when I was on the sticks. Sticks sux. Will work on them though. Can't wait. Keep it classy champ.

DarkRob- There was many times that I wanted to face you myself when you played Professor. I was like, God would it be epic if Doctor would face dark in the final round. Maybe next time. If we're both lucky.

9.95(Phil)- What can I say about this guy? I mean, words can't describe what I have to say. You're the Shao Kahn of Mortal Kombat and we are just the warriors that fights in your tournament and Shock is your Goro. It's always a pleasure in coming out for your tournaments. Thanks for teaching me the basics about the stick. I'd bet it'll be pretty epic if Doctor switch to a stick eh?

Stock- Many times I wanted to just Kick your ass in UMK3. No Doubt, your one of outworlds greatest warriors. Maybe one day we will get it on like Donkey Kong. That would be a great match. Jade vs. ?. Great seeing you again. Damn am I cocky or what?

REO - How you going to teach Professor something and not even tell Doc what you told Professor. Haha. JK. Nice playing with you again.

Summoning - That Cyrax and Kung Lao is NASHTY. Write that down Professor. Thanks for killing me in KI. Maybe next time I won't rank last huh? You gotta teach me how to play MK2. I've always wanted to get good a that game. Always a pleasure meeting you.

Arez - What can I say? Nightwolf is a beast. Ermac though, you need some work but you did beat me though. Congrates to you. Next time, it won't be so easy. I'm coming for you. Nice meeting you.

Tom Brady(Bill) - I can't believe you forgot about me. You didn't even know who Professor was. That just mean that I have to challenge you to a battle on MK vs. DC. JK. I'm terrible at that game. thanks for playing me. Been a pleasure.

Dancock - Thanks for ummmmmm......................IDK just thanks for being there I guess.

Whoever I miss, I apologize and hope for the best in the next tournament. See you all in Evo I hope.

NoDoubt

nasty
CHIN - this dudes dope...I watched him go on a 42-win streak before the tournament started in casuals. Didnt get out of his seat for like an hour lmao. I like ur style..that Jax is beast. Im a fan.

Chris G - you almost took Shock out. Crazy ass

Professor Rouse - fun casuals n glad i got to play u in tournament. I remember seein ur vids on the tube b4 Brawl against Bass LOL. U use the same characters as me...and dont forget, I helped u wit some Kitana tips too! : P (instant air fan y0)

Comeback Kyle - That anti-air roundhouse made us go oooo SHIT

Arez GOW - You made it lol. Nice Nightwolf, we all rooted for u while u played for real ; )

DANCOCK - Ill see u in MK9 ! Until then, Sindel can suck Jax dick !

THTB - Alls i gotta say was that money match was off the chain. off the fu-CK-ing chain.

STORMS - thanks for letting me curse at people on the stream. I owe u 1 lmao

Aure - How do u stay lookin like a teenager u old-30 yr old? Nextime ill kno to talk with more respect...lol sike. Nice 2 meet u in person and see u in MK9

Summ0ning - I know one of these days ur gonna come back and rape everyone in MK2 again. Your just playin around ; ) lool. But sick matches n thanks for all your compliments but I love Sheeva. 8-pack FTW

9.95 - Nice hsmoke as always, we finally played a few. if I ever quit goin to tournies for w/e reason, ill miss your yellin and screamin the most cuz like u said...its from a place of love. lmao

AC1984 - Since when were u such a freak? I might have 2 go to Europe for a month too.... lol congradulations !

SHOCK - The legendary man, myth, legend !! jk. thanks for lettin me sleep in ur room when everyone decided to go apeshit over MK1 and 2....lmao. Your tips are awesome and u always have an answer for any question I throw at u. Pleaze do that throw-range chart for me ! it would help me out

Dark ROB - Yoooo ! Nice playin ur hsmoke as usual and thanks for all the rides and dough for getting home after summonings lol. And thanks for all the compliments...we wouldnt be able to have tournies this good without u. I mean look at all the shit u do for us.

REO - its been a sick ride playin umk3 wit u on mame owning it whenever we get the chance. Sheeva forever dude ! lol and congratz on winning MKDC. MK9 comin up and ready to beast it w/ everyone

DCIguy - Nice 2 meet u dude and glad to be a help in umk3 for u, any questions or w/e hit me up u kno im always down to level up your JADE lol. You HAULED shit in MK2...god damn. I still remember sittin there watchin u rip it up like it was nothing. nextime stick around for umk3 so I got someone to talk to besides btbb u know I love the mk2 crew lol

BTBB - I kno we dont talk much but I deff consider u a good friend and legit supporter of MK. Thanks for joinin umk3 and tryin 2 learn during the tournament. And thanks for stickin around till the very end and bein there, your tips on succeeding were definately shit I have always agreed with. of course u cant win them all but who cares, you will win again ! no brainer

DavidGEM - nice 2 see u again congratz on the MK2 win, we all know ur the beast ! trust me dude, you have the skills in umk to compete I seen it. just go for it ! lol

thanks to all you mofos on the stream for showin up and giving me support. I read a lot of it and couldnt believe wat some of u were sayin it means a lot. Juggernaut u kno i love you sorry I didnt win ! lol. I cant stand 1 person watching me play let alone a few hundred but thats my problem and i gotta fix it one of these days. we all played our best n cant wait 4 EVO...if i can make it : S

Noob
some pics from Winter Brawl:

THE BANNER!

Tournament room pics...

you can see MKDC going on in the background of this pic...

btbb99 vs DCIGuy in MK2

DavidGem - Winter Brawl 2011 MK2 Champion!

btbb99, DavidGem, and DCIGuy - Winter Brawl 2011 MK2 Top 3

REO - Winter Brawl 2011 MKDC Champion!

NoDoubtArion, AC1984, and Shock - Winter Brawl 2011 UMK3 Top 3

AC1984 - Winter Brawl 2011 UMK3 Champion!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Wow, Phil... awesome pics! :D

I didn't see these until now... :(

I see I'm over recording the MKDC tournament in two of the pics. :D