What's new

Will We Play The Game?

Doctor Rektangle

Think outside the Box
Someone can come up with a better & more captivating title later. However with Injustice 2's inevitable release, I just want to know will our community play the game.

Don't answer yet. You may have misinterpreted what I meant.

Will We Play the Game? Not as in will it have TYMs community support. What I mean is are we going to have people tell us week 1 what the META is. Then compare it to how things were in MKX And Injustice1? Are people going to learn to be nuanced and well versed in THIS game and not complaining about something not being similar to the prequel?

Are we going to have characters get unnecessarily nerfed because of community outrage? Or are we going to complain a character needs X, Y, Z & the kitchen sink to be viable in week 3? OR are we going to incoherently whine, bitch, and scream over what isn't there instead of grinding out what actually is?

Im not saying you can't have opinions early in the games life and come to some conclusions found on something. But right now we have a thread "Should Rekkas be in injustice 2". Like how do you even answer that when the games are no where near similar in hit properties? Somethings are going to be O.D. and should be pointed out no doubt. But lab it first, run a set, before it's just "Broke and not functioning properly".

Who the fuck out this Soap box here?

Are people going to learn to be nuanced
No, you know yourself that that's unrealistic. And the thing is even the best of us perpetuate this accidentally.

complaining about something not being similar to the prequel?
From the looks of it, idk if people would rather have things from the prequel. A lot of people didn't like the mechanics of the prequel.

Are we going to have characters get unnecessarily nerfed because of community outrage?
Yes. Inevitable

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Why does this thread keep getting made? Our influence on the game isn't as big as you think it is. At the end of the day, it's Paulo's vision based on what he's required to produce.

But Paulo please give Green Lantern his B1 back

Doctor Rektangle

Think outside the Box
Why does this thread keep getting made? Our influence on the game isn't as big as you think it is. At the end of the day, it's Paulo's vision based on what he's required to produce.

But Paulo please give Green Lantern his B1 back
Of course our influence is negligible at best. We're not the ones fronting the bill on the endeavor. But we'll still have people saying that they'll be quitting the game in the 1st month, that the game has no fundamentals, and people thinking they know Paulo's vision inside and out within 48 hours. Im not saying that "Our voices dictate the nerfs" I'd just like less misinformation next time around.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Listen. We've all seem this before, everyone says one of two things "Of course we wont let lack of knowledge make us think things are more OP than they actually are." Then there's the second half of...well basically exactly what I'm saying right now. We'd all love to think that we can look at the game in a rational sense and let it play out before we make judgments. But that most likely isn't going to happen, just look at Sub-Zero. I'm sure most of us have heard the constant Brady salt when it comes to this but it's rightfully justified salt. The game wasn't even out yet and people who got it early were screaming "This character is broke, nerf his ass." Now people are looking at this character and saying "He's aight." And don't tell me him not getting the nerfs he got would have changed that because it wouldn't have changed the fundamental flaws in the character. The point im making is, everyone's heart is always in the right place before the game comes out. It's sort of a "We'll do better next time guys." Mentality. But again, we always know the outcome. Maybe we have learned our lesson, but the odds...well we know the odds of that.

I think we all know the answer to the above questions. Just as we all know this thread and ones like it are coming along right on schedule.

Doctor Rektangle

Think outside the Box
@Doctor Rektangle
How could you talk about the post "Should Rekkas be in Injustice 2 ?" When your custom title says "Bad Tanya, no super good rekkas for YOU!! But we'll give them to Alien with better range and a 50/50. Tremor no up rock. Here you go sektor" ?
People in a glass house shouldn't throw stones...
The status in question was in jest to the few I had saw before. But I'll "Hold Da L" anyway. But I didn't know MKXL was 2 weeks old. Nor did I know that taking something from a character and handing it over in a better form to another was the same as "Whining about some week 3 buttons"

We let it play out. People still don't like the characters. I hear pro players to this day complain about alien.

I don't mind a rekka character but this style I've seen so far is boring. Do I really want that to be the face of nrs games no

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
All I know is that if its got comic books and fighting games I'll play it. End of story. DC holds me tightly in its grip and I adore the idea of playing ANY of its cast. Hell I'd even play as Egghead from the campy old TV show.

CrazyFingers

All I care about is
  1. Is Swamp Thing in it?
  2. Is Swamp Thing viable?
That's what matters to me about this game, gotta get the swamp on my side.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
There will be threads within the first week calling for buffs, nerfs, people claiming they've figured out the meta and how the game works at high level.

Then as time goes on everyone will realise those early posters were completely full of shit, they'll go away and come back for MK11.

Same thing will happen for Injustice 3.

CrazyFingers

I just hope this game is neutral based like it appears to be at first glance because that shit is fun.

Dayvon

Noob
All I care about is
  1. Is Swamp Thing in it?
Swamp Thing would be so sick!
All I care about is
  1. Is Swamp Thing in it?
Swamp Thing would be so sick! He doesn't have to be high tier. I just want him to be viable. I agree, I want him to have some sort of neutral game. NRS is very creative and I think they would do him justice.