What's new

Question Will the Ice Klone function properly in MKXI?

Subby will be undisputed...

• Total voters
It would be much funnier for Sub-Zero to not have the klone move at all tbh. That way you lot will have literally nothing to complain about... :p

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Maybe no Klone would be best, he could still be a corner trap character but without the Klone maybe his other moves could be made stronger to compensate.

I2 is a good example, it’s the weakest Klone if the 3 modern Subs but the strongest version of the character. Not a coincidence.

DeftMonk

Noob
Maybe this is because I was an a-list loyalist from day one of mkx but fuck clone. The very idea of it just nullifies neutral which in a fighting game is kind of silly. I would be suuuuuper happy to see it replaced with puddle and only-in-air clone.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Honestly mk9 sub zero was close to perfect. Just needed a super slight buff..

Maybe add ice burst as a special and make it -5.. doesn’t lead to combo but gives chip off of strings, another option to cancel out of d4, and a safe option for f4 oh cancel.

Mkx sub was cancer
I support this statement.
pre-MKXL Cryomancer was the best this character ever was comparetively.

I hated B2. I hate it more than almost anything in the game that wasn't a run cancel gimmick.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
B2 wasn’t the problem and the Klone wasn’t the problem, it was both of them together in the corner that was the problem.

B2 in his other variations and midscreen was 17 frames and -13 on block and netted low damage. It only got damaging in the corner and outside of shatter combos the damage was on par with the cast. It was that in combination with the ice Klone that was the issues, B2 by its self was pretty average as a normal.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
after that, it doesn't matter how good u are in mkx. guess right, git gud pussy.
Isn't that the essence of being good in MKX though? :p

pre-MKXL Cryomancer was the best this character ever was comparetively.
He was also dull AF and could easily be replaced by anyone from like half of the MKX cast and nobody would notice.

I'm of the belief that a FG doesn't need more than 1-2 characters who has nothing besides bog standard tools (good normals / throw and a set of barebone specials like combo extender, something advancing, maybe some projectile).

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
If Paulo doesn't get fired, IK is unlikely to be functioning.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Isn't that the essence of being good in MKX though? :p

He was also dull AF and could easily be replaced by anyone from like half of the MKX cast and nobody would notice.

I'm of the belief that a FG doesn't need more than 1-2 characters who has nothing besides bog standard tools (good normals / throw and a set of barebone specials like combo extender, something advancing, maybe some projectile).
That's actually why I liked him. Super simple formula = go out there and swing your hammer at anyone who comes at you. Same as Doomsday in Injustice. You could get what you got with him anywhere; I didn't even play Sub seriously until after he got the buff that made F42+Grab special cancelable because I hated/still hate B2 and him being just another a 50/50 character trying to get you to the corner. But the combination of the Blue Steel skin and swinging a giant armored frozen mallet at the heads of my enemies was too good, so whenever someone came along I just had to destroy for the good of my soul, I'd give them the hammer.

That's actually why I liked him. Super simple formula = go out there and swing your hammer at anyone who comes at you. Same as Doomsday in Injustice. You could get what you got with him anywhere; I didn't even play Sub seriously until after he got the buff that made F42+Grab special cancelable because I hated/still hate B2 and him being just another a 50/50 character trying to get you to the corner. But the combination of the Blue Steel skin and swinging a giant armored frozen mallet at the heads of my enemies was too good, so whenever someone came along I just had to destroy for the good of my soul, I'd give them the hammer.
Cryomancer only had damage and the rest was trash... after the patch He lost his only important armor and gained crap mix-ups at the cost of his damage... He ended being a low tier version of Jason. In short... He was low tier trash and it is still low tier trash. With the worst d2 in the game and his only good string nerfed to doom.

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Cryomancer was garbo. He was supposed to be the offenseive variation but Grandmaster has better offense and Unbreakable in the last patch was actually the best at midscreen damage.

Grandmaster was clearly the only one worth something with better offense than Cryomancer (the “offense” variation) and better defense than Unbreakable (the “defense” variation). I do think that Unbreakable actually had applications in the Takeda and Kenshi matchups to where it was smarter to use than Grandmaster in those situations, but Cryomancer was nothing