What's new

Question Will the Ice Klone function properly in MKXI?

Subby will be undisputed...

• Total voters

Samsara

Resident Cynic
How much salt will good 'ole Subby mine on launch day?

Will he actually be garbage this time around?

How many extra gimmicks will the ice klone have?

Is air ice ball coming back?

Will puddle be making a return?

KL still be rockin' the poverty beard?

Will he actually take home the W in the launch trailer, or will he job yet again?

Discuss the grandmaster's chances in the next installment. What do we want? What don't we want? What do we expect?

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
He's definitely gonna job again in the trailer, only this time with someone alongside, maybe Frost.
Frost can be Akuma in this universe, having an air iceball and a teleport. But yeah, Sub's klone will function 70% of the time and will be jobbed by Scorpion and Takeda.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I think he's gonna be bottom of the barrel.

Ice clone will last 2 seconds tops, go away on block, have small collision, and have minimum distance restrictions.

I think we might get anti-air ice ball

Ice puddle might not be a thing

all his strings will be booty but he'll live and die by B2 and his crouching normals.

no cool clone gimmicks

but he'll have a bunch of stupid gimmicky ice weapons.

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
i just hope he doesn't have 50/50's because you don't get outplayed by mkx sub-zero at all.

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
If you’re Mileena, Takeda, D’Vorah, etc and end up cornered by Sub you definitely got outplayed somewhere
u can get outplayed in neutral by sub to an extent. but heaven forbid u make any single mistake against the bastard since his combos have ridiculous corner carry and you can be put in the corner in a heartbeat. after that, it doesn't matter how good u are in mkx. guess right, git gud pussy.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
u can get outplayed in neutral by sub to an extent. but heaven forbid u make any single mistake against the bastard since his combos have ridiculous corner carry and you can be put in the corner in a heartbeat. after that, it doesn't matter how good u are in mkx. guess right, git gud pussy.
Depending on who is fighting Sub I can agree to that. Sub definitely has to outplay Ermac and several characters that give Sub similar issues, but vs Jax/Cage and characters who don’t have a metetless way of dealing with Klone he doesn’t have to use his brain at all

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Honestly mk9 sub zero was close to perfect. Just needed a super slight buff..

Maybe add ice burst as a special and make it -5.. doesn’t lead to combo but gives chip off of strings, another option to cancel out of d4, and a safe option for f4 oh cancel.

Mkx sub was cancer

gam224

The world's least hype player
The design of sub with ice clone is the fighting game equivalent to a back engine car

Aramonde

Noob
Maaaaaaaaaaaann

He'll be mid tier then either be top tier or garbage after the first big patch

No extra klone gimmicks

No air ice ball, i think that might be a little to good imo

No puddle

KL will definitely be still rocking a beard

Not only will he not win in the lauch trailer, his loss will be to Cassie.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I want Injustice 2 Sub. Fuck MK9 Sub and MKX Sub was either steamrolling you or getting murdered.

MKX Sub was a big problem for the whole community honestly. You couldn’t go too far talking about what makes him strong because he did have a lot of issues with a good amount of characters. And you couldn’t talk too much about his faults because he absolutely destroyed a good chunk of characters. So in the end all discussion on Sub remained stagnant and accomplished nothing because of how polarizing he was, frustrating as hell for both his players and his opponents.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Sub won’t job terribly in the trailer but yeah he’ll probably die. He’s a really major character for these new NRS games and he’s really only getting more popular it seems like