What's new

will nrs keep breaking cyrax?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
The 123 Bombtrap is too much fun for its own good.

The thought of Maxter putting all his time into Raiden or Sektor is scary.

I'd rather fight a top-notch Cyrax than a top-notch Jax. Any day of the week.

Can't wait to see that new vid, Tony.

Cyrax needs to win a major before the year is up.

Maxter

Noob
Maxter I love you bro but paragraphs please lol.
thanks for reminding me of paragraphs lol. i type too much, if i put paragraphs every 4 or 5 sentences the post is gonna look too long,

@foxy with resets or not you have to break cyrax combos, or eat at least 50% dmg out of a net.

Lari K

Noob
I love all the basic tools Cyrax has. After the game was released and I got to test the cast out it didn't take long until I gravitated heavily towards him. The faster they fix him the better. I'm not sure how they should do it, though! I guess nobody is. I think he could still be one of the damage beasts of the game and get to keep a small arsenal of flashy combos for functional and aesthetic purposes. He's damage in high level play definitely shouldn't be so ridiculously above bar compared to others. For me it's a bit frustrating not knowing how they will go about fixing him. I hope they find a solid solution.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Ok, so after playing Maxter's Cyrax for 4 (5?) hours straight last Saturday night into Sunday morning and discussing the character with him I pretty much completely agree with him.

He was never broken and the resets aren't nearly as bad as the community at large makes them out to be. He shouldn't have been messed with so much.

I support Cyrax resets.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I think Cyrax right now is fine as is. Before this thread, I felt the resets were stupid, but when you look at Cyrax as a whole with everything else in the game, I sure as hell don't want him to lose anything else.

So what if the damage is broken? EVERYTHING IN THIS GAME IS PRETTY MUCH BROKEN LMAO...a lot of stuff even worse than Cyrax's damage. I think people have gotten too used to SSFIV having pretty much no damage now. Soft ass ninjas. :p

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
Ok, so after playing Maxter's Cyrax for 4 (5?) hours straight last Saturday night into Sunday morning and discussing the character with him I pretty much completely agree with him.

He was never broken and the resets aren't nearly as bad as the community at large makes them out to be. He shouldn't have been messed with so much.

I support Cyrax resets.
Don't mean to sound rude or anything man (much respect to Maxter), but did he convince you that 60%+ 1 bar unescapable resets and 50%+ 1 bar combos are okay? I mean...he's not like pre-patch Sindel...he may not be best tier evar without his resets and damage, but he'll not be unplayable. I know people love to defend their mains and try to make them look like the worse char ever (we all do it), but this is something I just don't agree with.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Don't mean to sound rude or anything man (much respect to Maxter), but did he convince you that 60%+ 1 bar unescapable resets and 50%+ 1 bar combos are okay? I mean...he's not like pre-patch Sindel...he may not be best tier evar without his resets and damage, but he'll not be unplayable. I know people love to defend their mains and try to make them look like the worse char ever (we all do it), but this is something I just don't agree with.
With or without resets cyrax is top tier brah!

Maxter

Noob
on this thread i'm not justifying resets to stay or to go its all about all of the good tech and moves they have taken away from cyrax to avoid a bomb loop, also ex ragdoll auto correction didnt lead to bomb loops, cyrax would be much better if these weren't removed and they find a different way to avoid resets, still resets are part of cyrax since bombs are unblockable its just the way the caracter was built, people just think that damage is everything a character needs to win matches, to win matches character needs more tools than just damage, other characters can kill you easier by just landing 20% dmg combos more often than cyrax can land a 70%because these characters have the tools to do chip and more alternatives to start combos from different situations in the game

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The problem with Cyrax, though, is even with the resets and the high damage, he is still not the best and still has his problems. Hell, Cyrax has yet to win a major in the US, despite Maxter being so godlike of a player. He has a lot of difficulty truly opening up opponents compared to other top tier characters. Yes, he has the damage, but in actual play, it's actually more difficult than you'd think to apply it.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
The problem with Cyrax, though, is even with the resets and the high damage, he is still not the best and still has his problems. Hell, Cyrax has yet to win a major in the US, despite Maxter being so godlike of a player. He has a lot of difficulty truly opening up opponents compared to other top tier characters. Yes, he has the damage, but in actual play, it's actually more difficult than you'd think to apply it.
To quote you, "Fucking THIS."

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Well, the thing people don't really take into consideration is that at top level play getting a full combo opportunity is EXTREMELY rare and when you land one, it's almost guaranteed that it will be breakered.

If you get yourself opened up for a full punish you kind of deserve a huge amount of damage.

In the 5 hours of runbacks maxter and I had not once did he get a full 60%+ reset combo on me.

I used to have your same mindset, but spend some time discussing and playing cyrax with maxter and you'll understand why the resets are ok.

Maxter kills people MUCH faster with sektor because sektor opens people up MUCH more frequently than cyrax and hits you for 50% 1 bar combos.

Past

Noob
60+ inescapable resets are not acceptable.
that is not what we are debating right?
please say right...
It seems so. This thread reminds me of the Sub-Zero threads complaining about Sub's resets being removed. If Cyrax's 60+% inescapable resets were removed, he would still be a viable character. So what's the real problem here? Is it because of the possibility that his gameplay would be compromised? Or is it his tier placement?

It seems so. This thread reminds me of the Sub-Zero threads complaining about Sub's resets being removed. If Cyrax's 60+% inescapable resets were removed, he would still be a viable character. So what's the real problem here? Is it because of the possibility that his gameplay would be compromised? Or is it his tier placement?
I highly doubt it would be his tier placement. If NRS does come down to nerf cyrax, it will be a chain reaction.

I theorize that after cyrax is done, some psycho (reo) will dominate with Kabal, people will cry, Kabal will be nerfed.
After Kabal, Reptile will be the one getting the ban hammer. With his rapid dash plus his inescapable elbow dash online, people will bitch about him endlessly.

Past

Noob
I highly doubt it would be his tier placement. If NRS does come down to nerf cyrax, it will be a chain reaction.

I theorize that after cyrax is done, some psycho (reo) will dominate with Kabal, people will cry, Kabal will be nerfed.
After Kabal, Reptile will be the one getting the ban hammer. With his rapid dash plus his inescapable elbow dash online, people will bitch about him endlessly.
Whether or not those characters get nerfed should not a be a problem. It should be whether or not they are still viable characters. If so, then there is no problem, we get to see more diversity and the game is more balanced.

KTH

Noob
I have no problem with nrs nerfing cyrax damage. They can neft to 40 percent for all I care. I do have a problem them nerfing our findings that we spent hours and hours in training mode. Neft damage = yes. Do not neft player's finding. I'm so tired of coming up with set ups, situational, mind games then rework again after the neft. Where's the reward for time spent?? Fuck you nrs if my setup don't work after the supposely neft patch.

People have to understand damage is not a major tool for a great characters. Cyrax has many short comings. If you judge a character based on his damage, you don't know jack shiz. It's about how you approach and open up your opponent.

EVERYTHING IN THIS GAME IS PRETTY MUCH BROKEN LMAO...a lot of stuff even worse than Cyrax's damage.
Exactly. There are too many things broken in this game, too many bugs, too much nonsense. It is exactly why very few people take this MK game seriously and it will remain that way. NRS needs to focus on their next installment and leave this one alone. Every time they balance this game they end up breaking it more. This game cannot be salvaged in the current state it's in. NRS need to completely redo the entire game from scratch and right the wrongs they couldn't manage to with this game. When I think of MK 2011 I think of an awesome BETA game almost on it's way to being a fully polished serious fighter.

galindo

Noob
I have no problem with nrs nerfing cyrax damage. They can neft to 40 percent for all I care. I do have a problem them nerfing our findings that we spent hours and hours in training mode. Neft damage = yes. Do not neft player's finding. I'm so tired of coming up with set ups, situational, mind games then rework again after the neft. Where's the reward for time spent?? Fuck you nrs if my setup don't work after the supposely neft patch.

People have to understand damage is not a major tool for a great characters. Cyrax has many short comings. If you judge a character based on his damage, you don't know jack shiz. It's about how you approach and open up your opponent.
he doesnt have strong damage output

he has a ridiculous strong fubar damage output.

Roderyk

Noob
Exactly. There are too many things broken in this game, too many bugs, too much nonsense. It is exactly why very few people take this MK game seriously and it will remain that way. NRS needs to focus on their next installment and leave this one alone. Every time they balance this game they end up breaking it more. This game cannot be salvaged in the current state it's in. NRS need to completely redo the entire game from scratch and right the wrongs they couldn't manage to with this game. When I think of MK 2011 I think of an awesome BETA game almost on it's way to being a fully polished serious fighter.
ok i respect your opinion, but name some examples. personally i think the game is better balanced than when it came out, i would just agree that there are some things that are broken, like, cyrax damage, KL spin (the other day i did a TU with sektor and the spin beat me, that is just nonsense, is like a counter to almost any normal and special), kabal (rush down+presure+ zoning=no bad matchups), kitana D+1, meleena D+4,reptile dash(5 frames!!)

maybe i'm wrong, but that is what i think, and i want to keep playing mk9 for a long time before mk10 comes out, and mk is really getting serious, fighting game of the year baby!! in your f/&·$! face SF

Maxter

Noob
first of all to all these idiots who come to this thread to complaint about cyrax dmg, get the f@#k off this thread pls, noone of you play at a professional level and cant make opinions, this thread was about cyrax tools being removed to avoid bomb loops and they are destroying the character, even with a new overhead buzzzaw, bussaw used to be better before because it could bomb loop starting a combo if you rushed into a close bomb, and was still safe because you couldnt rush in to block it or bomb hit you, cyrax tools are useless at professional level at least the kind of competition i face, they are too used to his bombs and net and they dance around these, dont come with bs a single net cost you 70% when 35+35% dmg combos makes the same and some characters have the tools land 2 of these easier before cyrax can do a big one and being broken, if there was no breakers on this game i consider that amount of dmg bs but since this game is made with guaranteed breakers when a combo this caliber is landed to pro players is because cyrax was dominating the game and their meter management. i just accept opinions of good players on this thread who understand how this game really works not some online scrubs who complaint about d4s d1s k,l spin, down hat, raiden teleport etc, these are the kind of people ruining the game and making nrs go crazy with patching and breaking stuff, pls read the thread and what it was about before coming here to complaint about something so old like cyrax dmg or whatever.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Personally I liked this game alot more earlier on in its life, back when lots of characters had dirty stuff. Kung Lao was stupid,Cyrax was stupid,Raiden was stupid,Subzero was stupid,Reptile was stupid,Smoke was stupid, Kitana was stupid, etc etc. Everyone had they're share of dirty shit. Life was good, and there was much rejoicing.
Toning down the dirty shit just made the game more boring to me. They should have just left it all in and continued buffing the weaker characters. Jax is better now,Sheeva is better now, Baraka is better now.

Cyrax was just one of many characters that had dirty shit. I couldnt complain about Cyrax, it would be hypocritical to do so when I had my own dirty shit(Subs 2,1,2,iceball,EX ground freeze was dirty as hell)Kabal couldnt complain, he could fire off IAGB's as fast as a machine gun. Kitana could do ridiculously damaging combo's that much of the damage was unbreakable. Raidens vicinity blast was like what? +15000000 on block?

Its only after all this other dirt has been taken out that Cyrax appears all the more dirtier now. But hes not really, its just that they cleaned everyone else up.

Dirty shit is fun. Embrace the dirt. Bring back the lost dirt. Give characters with no dirt some dirt. If the game gets dirty enough, maybe Il pick it up again.