What's new

will non-shang-owners be able to lab the matchup?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
30€ is kinda nothing. Why not just buy it?
yeah, man, some people spend much more in hamburgers and hot dogs per week :p , so, just save a bit of money and buy the KP 1, to access Shang ! NRS will deliver excelent work with those DLC, so, let's support this, in order to KP2 and KP3 come out in future ! :D

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
yeah, man, some people spend much more in hamburgers and hot dogs per week :p , so, just save a bit of money and buy the KP 1, to access Shang ! NRS will deliver excelent work with those DLC, so, let's support this, in order to KP2 and KP3 come out in future ! :D
AND you get 6 new characters + 19 outfits :D

thlityoursloat

kick kick
30€ is kinda nothing. Why not just buy it?
eh, I guess.
Region matters extremely though, in my country 30 euros is quite a lot, and this really sucks because the price of video game content remains mostly the same regardless of region.
Not complaining, I'll probably get the DLC anyways.. later than everybody else because I'll be saving up.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
eh, I guess.
Region matters extremely though, in my country 30 euros is quite a lot, and this really sucks because the price of video game content remains mostly the same regardless of region.
Not complaining, I'll probably get the DLC anyways.. later than everybody else because I'll be saving up.
Well he is German. 30€ is not much money in germany ;)

C-Sword

Noob
Pretty sure in SFV, you can fight the DLC characters in arcade mode, but knowing NRS/WB, this will be unlikely

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Never saw that be a thing!

As people said, you can just go into training mode with someone who has the DLC. Or watch YT videos of people explaining the MU.
I Have Kombat Pack but I understand the frustration of not being able to test them. The last killer instinct allowed you to test 5 characters per week, when a new character came out it was on the cycle.
But I didn't like buying all characters on KI.

What I don't like about MK11 is that I have to buy Kombat Pack on every account. otherwise me and my brother can't use him against each other. I hope that is fixed. It would also be nice to get all skins on both accounts

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Maybe he wants to try him out in practice mode? Is the concept that hard to grasp? Ever hear of a demo? How bout we have timed demos of characters in practice to see if we like them. Not a hard concept.
Well yes we would all like that! It would save our wallets if we play them in practice and decide we don’t enjoy them. I’m sure that’s exactly the reason NRS don’t do that.

colby4898

I will be buying Shang, Nightwolf, Ash, but still on the fence about Sindel and the others. I always thought it was stupid you can't try them out in practice mode. How the hell do I know if I want to purchase a character if I can't try them out first? Lock the character from all other modes but it makes perfect sense for people to be able to lab or try them out. NRS would probably make more money that way.
So did you try out every character before buying the base game?

Do you know what a restaurants food tastes like before you eat it?

:cool:
I know you're being sarcastic, but at the food court in the mall there are free samples, and lots of bars will let you try a taste of a beer before ordering one. Its not really that crazy of a take to want NRS to let people test characters.

darth_infamous

#InfamousXO
In MKX, when a new DLC character was released, their tower was also available to play, even if you didn't own the character, so you can try them out and play as them just in that one single tower. I don't know if the same will be true for MK11, but I can see it being a possibility.

So did you try out every character before buying the base game?
I knew I was buying MK11 before playing it, but just to answer your question I got into the stress test and played the beta so I tried the game before release.
I don't see the issue with having the ability to test out a DLC character in practice if even for a limited amount of time.

colby4898

I knew I was buying MK11 before playing it, but just to answer your question I got into the stress test and played the beta so I tried the game before release.
I don't see the issue with having the ability to test out a DLC character in practice if even for a limited amount of time.
I’m sure NRS have considered it, and evaluated whether it would effect sales positively or negatively and decided on the latter.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
What is with people demanding everything for free these days?
Grow up, welfare babies. The minimum wage is more than enough to get the KP, you just have to pump the breaks on those Hot Cheeto/Monster breakfasts.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I will be buying Shang, Nightwolf, Ash, but still on the fence about Sindel and the others. I always thought it was stupid you can't try them out in practice mode. How the hell do I know if I want to purchase a character if I can't try them out first? Lock the character from all other modes but it makes perfect sense for people to be able to lab or try them out. NRS would probably make more money that way.
It's not perfect but ever since MKX NRS has done character towers where you can play as the DLC characters for free. They're usually available for 1 week after the character's release for Pack owners, giving players just enough time to try the characters out before they're available for everyone

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
It's not perfect but ever since MKX NRS has done character towers where you can play as the DLC characters for free. They're usually available for 1 week after the character's release for Pack owners, giving players just enough time to try the characters out before they're available for everyone
Yeah I mean I like how they let us try them out at least before deciding to buy, no other FG does this to me it's a big deal because someone on the fence about DLC or certain characters can try them out before buying.