What's new

will non-shang-owners be able to lab the matchup?

Lokheit

Noob
You can only select them in practice mode if you buy them.

I'm not sure if they will appear in towers (does Shao appear for those who didn't get him?), If they do I guess you can always loop those fights against AI... But you won't be able to access practice options if it's like past games.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
still, even if you dont play the character, you have to buy him to learn how to beat him
no you dont. especially in the first days of release you can just go online and play against him and learn the mu.
go to youtube and watch his strings/combos/framedata and you have all the infos you need to play against him.
we are not in the 80´s anymore...

Last edited:
I don't understand this TBH.

I am not exactly rolling in dough but; your on a forum specific to 1 game that we all clearly play - dedicating hours of your time to this game.

Your telling me you refuse to pay (what's essentially 1 trip to McDonald's or a medium distance uber ride) for additional content for that game?

Honestly, boggles my mind.

I will be buying Shang, Nightwolf, Ash, but still on the fence about Sindel and the others. I always thought it was stupid you can't try them out in practice mode. How the hell do I know if I want to purchase a character if I can't try them out first? Lock the character from all other modes but it makes perfect sense for people to be able to lab or try them out. NRS would probably make more money that way.

I will be buying Shang, Nightwolf, Ash, but still on the fence about Sindel and the others. I always thought it was stupid you can't try them out in practice mode. How the hell do I know if I want to purchase a character if I can't try them out first? Lock the character from all other modes but it makes perfect sense for people to be able to lab or try them out. NRS would probably make more money that way.
Do you know what a restaurants food tastes like before you eat it?

:cool:

methademic

UPR Methademic
Find someone who plays him and grind the match up, get in a chat/party/discord and ask questions, communicate, and try things out. You don't need to own him to learn how to fight him.

How is that unfair? If you don’t buy him why would they want you to use him.
Maybe he wants to try him out in practice mode? Is the concept that hard to grasp? Ever hear of a demo? How bout we have timed demos of characters in practice to see if we like them. Not a hard concept.

methademic

UPR Methademic
Also, I imagine they will do as they did with injustice 2 dlc and have a tower the week before that you can play him without owning him if you would like to try before you buy