What's new

Will Kenshi Defeat Kung Lao?

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Everyone defeats Kung Lao by not being an idiot.

People STILL think the spin is safe.

BTW, I apologize for being an ass in this thread... long day.

Very much looking forward to Kenshi and I hate Kung Lao! XD
bro I saw you doing 50% meterless combos on last tournament , so yeah, I guess Kiti needs nerf :)

On topic: Kenshi is looking very nice and interesting, can't wait for 5th July

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
bro I saw you doing 50% meterless combos on last tournament , so yeah, I guess Kiti needs nerf :)

On topic: Kenshi is looking very nice and interesting, can't wait for 5th July
Just because she can get 50% with no meter doesn't mean it needs to be nerfed. She rarely gets the opportunity to do so against highly skilled players. The combo isn't easy either.

Kitana doesn't need a nerf... scrubs who want a win button need to be buffed lol

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Kitana doesn't need a nerf... scrubs who want a win button need to be buffed lol
Best. Sentence. Ever.

You rock that princess and her launch-day damage values. Do it with pride. Fanfuck the scrubs right in their faces. If not for yourself, then for all of us who loathe crybabies to the very core.

People wouldn't whine so damn much if they actually knew how to play their own characters, rather than just losing to other people's choice in mains.

He's just like skarlett. Overpowered when first released prior to a patch. I sense they will nerf his block advantage and make him uber unsafe while preserving the high priority/range/damage.
Didn't notice this my first time through this thread. This is an asinine post. How is he just like Skarlet? How do you know he's OP? How do you know he has any moves that have advantage on block? How do you know it will even need to be nerfed if it does? Or, what makes you sense that he has advantages on block so great that they'll need to be nerfed?

Nobody knows shit about dick upon fuck-all about Kenshi at this point. It's beyond retarded to assume anything.

i just finished playing a few Kung Lao's online and kenshi's able to zone so well that the spin is useless unless you rush in unprepared.

Red

Noob
My overview of kenshi...

who every said he was jade + ermace... I disagree...

hes more of a cross between nightwolf x'd with noob.

i thought noob was a turtle.. kenshi=ultimate turtile...

which i like.. not that i play with turtle styled characters cause i dont generally... , but i like that more styles of character player are being incorporated into this game.. I think this game is finally taking shape. So far from what i can tell I think kenshi is perfectly balanced .. they must have tested him well cause nothing seems too overpowered like the few things ive seen in this game (kano's upball, kunglao spin, skarlets daggers, kabal's infiniteblackdash) ... but i believe they have nerfed the spin right.. it has the right amount of recovery frames added to make it punishable on miss/wiff.

but i still think kano's upball should be nerfed with more recovery frames.. .. he still seems to recover way to fast... but if they dont .. its still balances out with kano because he is a weak character.. he doesnt do as much damage as most characters...

and scarlet... lets just admit.. shes a broken character... i dont care what level difficulty it takes to do her dagger cancel... shes broken.. and its NRS lack of testing and dedication is the reason why she is broken... they need to quite trying to save money and allowing the community and online play and tournament play to find all the bugs and then patching..

and kabal with the infinite block dash.. I was at supercon2k in ABQ last month and for some everyone told me that the kabal glitch was still in the game.. but ive been under the assumption that is has been fixed in one of the patches.. I dont play online much because of the lag...but I'm wondering? "is it fixed?"

what will kill this game is by them repeating that process of releasing broken elements into the game and allowing players to show them what to patch... patch the new characters before releasing NRS.. trust me.. your game will soar if you do it right.. this is a good game.. but with bugs its not

but back to kenshi.. I think hes perfect the way he is.. I was picturing him to be more like ermac.. kinda how he was in deception.. but i believe they've takin the right path with him...
He is the Turtle master character of the game i believe.. So far his combos dont seem too threatening.. basically either choosing to try to land the 35%+ combos by using the ex-specials... or you can build your meter and never use ex's and maintain the 25%-35% combos to setup for an Xray...

I think he is weak enough and shouldnt be any strong nor weaker..

Red

Noob
funny... i wrote my overview.. but forgot to answer the question of this thread...

and my answer is..

i say its an even fight... it all depends on in my opinion if the lao player can get inside... I think the fight can go either way..

playing against lao with kenshi.. i'd be turtling like a donatello...

...... my question is... why the is this thread directed toward... lao.
Lao is not the best character in the game.. I really couldnt say that there is a best character in this game yet.. I hope there isnt a best character in this game.. I hope there doesnt become a tier of characters.. this game needs to be balanced in my opinion. Lao is a good character.. but other characters have just as much advantages...

for the first time since umk3 has this game finally been good. to me.. this is one of the top fighing games made.. mk9 has takin the game to the next level.. the most mindreading, guessinggames, muscle memory, and pure skill has finally been combined into one game..

not to diss on streetfighter, tekken, virtua fighter, and shitty MVC3 (yes i will diss mvc3, i think its a terrible game).

Mortal Kombat is the only game that takes every rule thats ever been made among man and fighting games and just physics of nature.. and has completely said F*c|< that and done exactly what they wanted to do.. and thats why i think this game will be the best if they balance it right.

I can compare this game to the sport of MMA.. anyone can win a huge tournament.. I dont think in this game we will see everlasting champions like there have been in other games. Thats why I think this game is beautiful.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Kung Lao definitely has the upper hand in a Kenshi matchup, imo. As much as people want to call Kenshi a turtle I think he operates best at mid range, about the range where shoulder dash and db.4 are threatening. I just think a good Kung Lao will hold him in block stun and expose his weakness to cross up attacks.

I think Kensh is better at long/mid range but once Kung Lao gets in he will have a hard time getting rid of him.
Once again cross ups are Kenshi's disadvantage here.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I think Konqrr brings up a good point, but at the same time there are characters that match up better against Kung Lao but he's not nearly as bad as he was...

I think Kenshi can take him on, honestly Kenshi's got ridiculously fast recovery time on his moves....his Bad Karma especially...