What's new

Will it bring them back?

Is MK9 the light at the end of the tunnel for MK and its players?

• Yes

Votes: 17 94.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Dude, go anywhere but there. Don't use every and any excuse to not come to tournaments.

Simon is cool as fuck, MKF. I do not doubt that you also would be a great guy to meet, but will we ever meet? Most likely not unless you come out to a tournament.

Like I said, Simon is cool as fuck... don't use that card to throw. ;)

Back to topic.
Dude, dude...don't get me wrong but I'm not going to be put down by trolling posts. One reason WHY you asked me here long time ago was because I had to deal with that nonsense after every, single post I made on a "certain other site" you know what I'm talking about, I'm all fine with someone disagreeing/agreeing with me so long as it's respectful but I've learned not to let anyone walk over me with snide remarks.

His post was more or less an insult to everything I said...how do you expect me to react?

And you know I can't speak for you or Simon but only myself, the way I've seen it the guy doesn't like me or has issues with me otherwise why would he post that? If you want to talk about it more via PM, feel free...I'm not going to bs anyone.

AC1984

Kaballin!
I have nothing personal against you as well....Its just that you have an opinion in just about every thread in this forum and even in "tournament section." Why don't you just come and show up??? I don't get it...you live closer, you probably have the funds to come, I can tell that you have tons of free time from the fact that you are online non stop posting...

P.S. I agree,back to topic.

SZSR

Noob
Dude, dude...don't get me wrong but I'm not going to be put down by trolling posts. One reason WHY you asked me here long time ago was because I had to deal with that nonsense after every, single post I made on a "certain other site" you know what I'm talking about, I'm all fine with someone disagreeing/agreeing with me so long as it's respectful but I've learned not to let anyone walk over me with snide remarks.

His post was more or less an insult to everything I said...how do you expect me to react?

And you know I can't speak for you or Simon but only myself, the way I've seen it the guy doesn't like me or has issues with me otherwise why would he post that? If you want to talk about it more via PM, feel free...I'm not going to bs anyone.
I think Storms is saying even if you disagree with what they say, don't NOT go to tourneys to avoid the people you disagree with. I disagree with you in a lot of areas but if we ever go to the same tourney, I wouldn't avoid you. Even people i've argued with like you and others I wouldn't avoid, I'd gladly meet them in real life, shake their hand, and then proceed to get thrashed in a match of UMK3.:) And you know what, I'd say "Good game" and either play another round with them or get out of the chair.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I think Storms is saying even if you disagree with what they say, don't NOT go to tourneys to avoid the people you disagree with. I disagree with you in a lot of areas but if we ever go to the same tourney, I wouldn't avoid you. Even people i've argued with like you and others I wouldn't avoid, I'd gladly meet them in real life, shake their hand, and then proceed to get thrashed in a match of UMK3.:) And you know what, I'd say "Good game" and either play another round with them or get out of the chair.
THIS ^ Is what it's ALL about. I love you, SSSR! :nohomo: lmao

MKF30

It's all about mutual respect, I think some people especially on a forum/text. Tend to often misunderstand each other or get the wrong idea based on a difference in views(some users however will flat out insult you for feeling different) it doesn't go on this site but elsewhere so you know what I mean.

As for the offline thing, money, travel time aside the concept sounds fun but at the same time I would feel very uncomfortable meeting someone who hates me deep down. Maybe I'm wrong(I hope) but after what I went thru on MKU, certainly you can understand why I'd feel that way... I don't think everyone here who disagrees with me hates/dislikes me. There are some people I'm convinced, others I know(some of which my friends) disagree with me daily yet respect me and I respect them.

So subzerorain, I hear what you're saying. I would not NOT go on purpose to a tourney even say if it was in my backyard because of someone's difference in opinion(if that was the case I'd have no friends what so ever) lol but rather because I know they hated me and didn't want me there....that's what I meant more so, but you do make a good point.

@AC, that's just the thing though man. If you asked one of my best friends to describe me, they'd tell you few simple things to sum me up. Funny, nice, opionated, stubborn at times and obsessed with MK....lol Probably what you'd hear, however I'm just posting how I feel like everyone else. I'm not putting anyone else's views down, just expressing how I personally feel. ;)

As for free time, well I don't have a steady job atm so yeah...but with that being said, I'm currently looking as we speak, constantly filling out online apps, talking to people and my profile is set to stay logged in here 24/7(it doesn't mean I'm here however) so I admit I do post a lot on here, but I assure you I'm NOT here 24/7 lol...

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Anyway, I believe that this game will indeed bring some old-schoolers back. MK's community manager gets so much love about how the new game looks... it's definitely promising.

Momotaro

Noob
Great that the bloodshed has ceased. Now let's get back into it.

The main point I made in my previous post was interest, appeal, and attraction.

By that I mean that it's very good to see people like Choi, Yipes and even Marn take an interest in MK9. That means that the game attracted them or appealed to something that they like. Getting interested in a fighting game basically means that you're gonna try it. It's good for the MK scene because it gives us a drive to defeat these respected players. and more. It's good for the FG scene because it gives us exposure and it brings more attention and even more players. But that's not all!

Let's be real, we already know that there will be sponsorships for MvC3. I wouldn't be surprised if some current SSF4 sponsorships were renewed as well. But what if MK9 got to a point where there could be sponsored MK players? That would be some cool shit and I believe it could happen mainly because sponsors would be stupid not to notice the mass market attention that MvC3 and MK9 are getting. They're gonna capitalize on these opportunities while the interest in FGs is still growing. In the public's eyes, MvC3 and MK9 are the BIGGEST FGs to be released this year. They're not gonna ignore that shit.

S-I-C

Brutal-Dedication
Ok, ok, take off your dress and end this little tea party.
back to topic.

I'm so j/k, nice dispute going on here though. Just Make up. Don't hold grudge's, it's not worth it. I would "have" loved to literally drive to Ohio to beat the dog shit out of BD_Morph aka vVv_Morphaze when he was effing with the clan back in the day, but honestly, if I saw him at a tournament or in a public place, I would be very civil & friendly. (he might not be) But I know I would be, grudge's will make you unknowingly unhappy.

MK9 is right around the corner, THIS community does not need to argue. TYM as a whole is the strongest MK clan/team I know of. We are all in the same clan/team here on TYM, just different clique's. (DM, BMF, BD-, Killa, MEOW, etc)

Dark_Rob

Noob
MK9 might bring a few of the casual "back in the day" MK players back to check this one out... hell, most of us who were mainly 2d Players took the time to check out MKDC even if it was only just to see how bad it was(or good...opinions differ). A lot of good points have been made in this thread regarding who this game will attract and I certainly agree that the newer school players as well as the standard MK players will obviously look to play it.

It will attract these crowds:

- Fighting game fans who still actively play, either competitively or casually to some extent. The hype is big enough to draw that crowd in.

- Street Fighter fans (and other FG fans) who have been closet MK fans...and by that I mean the people you see watching UMK3 at tournaments from the sidelines with that very interested, yet completely overwhelmed look... they're going to try MK9.

- The hardcore MK players...obviously

What this game won't do is bring back the dead...and by that I mean the people who played MK1-4 in the arcades and have since quit playing fighting games or even gaming in general. If anything...the interest explosion and hype generated by UMK3 in the last 2 years around the fighting game community and at tournaments is what would have brought those players back...and it did bring some back who had stopped playing MK altogether...or never even considered it(Rob, I'm looking at you here...LOL). MK9, if it's good, will bring in a few casuals...but it's biggest fanbase will be from the existing FG community that already exists...and we need to be prepared to nurture it.

A few names to look up:
John Choi
Mike Watson
Alex Valle

Just 3 quick names that aren't Justin Wong or Daigo that people SHOULD know in a fighting game community...

FYI: Don't ever count out players like Choi... well known players who play and endorse your game of choice should never be passed off as irrelevant. Like it or not, most of us are nobodies in the fighting game community and if you can get one of those "somebodies" to help you out and champion your cause, that's a valuable weapon in terms of growing your fanbase, community, playerbase, and knowledgebase. The standpoint of "must be approved by the asian SF community" is a very invalid point...the fact that MK could attract ANY extra players, regardless of where they're from is a major step forward for MK... and as a forewarning, don't chase them away with pointless verbal vomit that makes them feel like outsiders...that's not what we're about.
This ^^!
Choi is an OG. He played UMK3 back in the day.

It matters for the competitve scene if someone like him plays, he hosts major tournaments, and he's a big name in one of the biggest offline fighting game scenes. (NorCal)

It's a lot easier to get MK9 at Evo, if people like him play. Isn't that what we all want?
And This^^

This is some of the best stuff ive read in here lately. People like John Choi and IFC Yipes are renouned in the FG community. It doesnt matter what game they come from, whether it be SSF4 or Super Turbo or MVC2 or whatever. To get people like this, and perhaps more like Arturo,Justin,IloveyouJoe and others onto the MK9 bandwagon is exactly what we need. When people like this join up with us at tournaments it adds an air of validity to the game. It will get others to join based just on the fact that those they respect are playing it.
This is the same reason commercials on TV often use celebrities to endorse they're products. Its advertising. Im not trying to sound shrewd about it. I truly want these players and more to get into MK because they enjoy the game and want to play, not just because Im thinking about what we can get out of it.
But it would be foolish of us not to acknowledge or take advantage of the good things that can come of having people like this involved with MK9. If we truly want to see MK9 at EVO then we will need the help of people like this.

But it would be foolish of us not to acknowledge or take advantage of the good things that can come of having people like this involved with MK9. If we truly want to see MK9 at EVO then we will need the help of people like this.
EXACTLY.

I look forward to a possible day where MK2011 may stand to get things like a memetic montage youtube video with Yipes commentary, and various other things that just do more to stay with people. It's things like that which help made MvC2 the game that has been played for over a decade, and made people still hyped to see it played at last weekend's tournament. And Capcom is directly feeding off that perpetual hype machine for MvC3.

The potential is very much there for MK to follow suit. A solid game tag teamed with a healthy scene will invariably yield a game that will get the press it deserves.

My main thing is seeing if NR is serious about supporting the game for the long haul, which we will likely see as time goes on. The last thing we need is another SC4-type of botch effort, which basically did more to cause that game's scene (which was already in dire straights as it was) to do more to collapse on itself. I'd rather not see MK have to endure anything like that.

DrDogg

Noob
I was a big MK fan back in the day. Playing MK1, MK2 and MK3/UMK3 when I was in middle school and high school. The MK4 tour came to one of my local arcades and I was hyped for that as well, but as we all know, MK4 was a let down and I've been out of the scene ever since. I didn't reach a tournament savvy level until Tekken 4 released, so I was never really a part of the MK tournament scene, but I'm looking forward to MK9 because it looks to be the first widely accepted tournament game the MK series has seen. You can say UMK3 fits this category, but the simple fact is that UMK3 isn't featured at most tournaments, and the ones it is featured at, it usually takes a huge back seat to almost every other game there.

I wrote or assisted with the strategy guides for MKD and MKA, but I never even bought the games after the guides were complete. So assuming MK9 is up to par, this is going to be my first MK game as a tournament player. Unfortunately, I'll probably be limited to online play since outside of Street Fighter and Tekken there isn't a big scene for fighters in my area. But I will travel for the game if it's as good as it's looking.

So I'd say the answer to the OP is yes, the old school players are coming back. But whether or not they stay is 100% dependent on the quality of the game. If it can't make it into Evo, I doubt I'll be playing it for more than a month or so. With such a late release date (related to Evo), it's unlikely to get into Evo 2011, but if it's a solid fighter, it will get into Evo 2012. That said, there can easily be a large side tournament for MK9 at Evo, which I will attend if the game is solid.

MKF30

I was a big MK fan back in the day. Playing MK1, MK2 and MK3/UMK3 when I was in middle school and high school. The MK4 tour came to one of my local arcades and I was hyped for that as well, but as we all know, MK4 was a let down and I've been out of the scene ever since. I didn't reach a tournament savvy level until Tekken 4 released, so I was never really a part of the MK tournament scene, but I'm looking forward to MK9 because it looks to be the first widely accepted tournament game the MK series has seen. You can say UMK3 fits this category, but the simple fact is that UMK3 isn't featured at most tournaments, and the ones it is featured at, it usually takes a huge back seat to almost every other game there.

I wrote or assisted with the strategy guides for MKD and MKA, but I never even bought the games after the guides were complete. So assuming MK9 is up to par, this is going to be my first MK game as a tournament player. Unfortunately, I'll probably be limited to online play since outside of Street Fighter and Tekken there isn't a big scene for fighters in my area. But I will travel for the game if it's as good as it's looking.

So I'd say the answer to the OP is yes, the old school players are coming back. But whether or not they stay is 100% dependent on the quality of the game. If it can't make it into Evo, I doubt I'll be playing it for more than a month or so. With such a late release date (related to Evo), it's unlikely to get into Evo 2011, but if it's a solid fighter, it will get into Evo 2012. That said, there can easily be a large side tournament for MK9 at Evo, which I will attend if the game is solid.

Yeah, I hear ya. Even if MK9 doesn't make it to EVO if the game is good, it'll take care of itself regardless because of the MK Community backing it's cause :)

I only wish there was more major tournaments like this around the country(not just so much west coast) but various states, Miami in Florida, New York, Chicago, Illinois you know actual BIG name states and areas around the country. Evo being in Vegas is understandable being Vegas but I just wish it would move around each year, like the World Series or Super Bowl lol...my opinion.

DrDogg

Noob
Yeah, I hear ya. Even if MK9 doesn't make it to EVO if the game is good, it'll take care of itself regardless because of the MK Community backing it's cause :)

I only wish there was more major tournaments like this around the country(not just so much west coast) but various states, Miami in Florida, New York, Chicago, Illinois you know actual BIG name states and areas around the country. Evo being in Vegas is understandable being Vegas but I just wish it would move around each year, like the World Series or Super Bowl lol...my opinion.
Evo is the biggest fighting game tournament in the US, but there are plenty of other large tournament where MK could see solid turnouts if the game is good. NEC in Philly, Final Round in ATL, TiT and Trashday in Texas, MWC in Chicago (or somewhere in that area), DEVASTATION in Phoenix, West Coast Warzone/NCR/SCR in Cali, even CEO in Orlando seems to be getting some hype.

I only mentioned Evo specifically because if the game is good it will be at Evo. If the game is not good, it won't be. Although, it's also important to get people to come out to tournaments. MK has a HUGE following, but how many of those players are online warriors who have no intention of traveling for tournaments?

MKF30

Hopefully there will be future tournaments in NYC. Seems to be the only BIG name City/state that doesn't get any big tournaments...

Have to admit, Jacob Java Center would own for any gaming event...I mean hell lol they've had dog shows, car shows, special midnight releases with xbox, nintendo etc, etc why NOT have a tournament there? I just don't get it...I'd even go as far as to say NYC would do far better then half of those other places Texas? Philly?Atlanta?Orlando? Phoenix? I mean I know they're successful and some of them are bigger names but there really needs to be something in NYC sometime down the line otherwise players like me can't attend these other places not near me. :( plus travel money. I've never been to a tournament but it's mainly due to A. costs B. travel and C. time I love MK but sadly I can't attend any of these.

Even though Philly is the closest out of those for me, I still don't consider that "local" being as how I live in NYC itself. What I'm trying to do however is find places here that will host tournaments even if they're smaller, I've played a few talented MK players online near or in my are but like me never went to a tournament.

But yeah I know about Evo, was just saying in general since there's other tournaments year around. Remember, to go to all of these players need money and I won't lie as a guy seeking steady work atm that's not easy much less happening lol.

Curious, who is in charge of deciding "locations" for these? Is there any way I can help support NYC as a future spot for one of these or a new one all together with a new name? If so, shit I'd be all for it. I think it would be hard to deny New York City, arguably the world's most known city as a hot spot for a fighting game touranment/event....It doesn't even have to be "Manhattan" per-se but anywhere in NYC, Brooklyn has a joint I learned of that hosts daily SF tournaments, SC...why couldn't they get MK9? UMK3? etc

DrDogg

Noob
World Cyber Games (WCG) has hosted an annual fighting game tournament in NYC the last two years. It's in the Samsung Experience or something like that. I believe the games have been Soul Calibur IV, Tekken 6, Dead or Alive 4, Street Fighter IV and Virtua Fighter 5. There's at least an off chance WCG will include MK9 if they do another one this year. I know the people in charge of WCG in the US are getting a whole new management team, so we'll see what their tournament schedule is like for 2011.

Almost every fighting game tournament that you hear about is community run. All it takes is to talk to a hotel or place of business about how much it would cost to rent a room for a weekend, then get the money and spread the word about the event. I'll be honest though, most majors require a decent amount of money up front. Depending on attendance you can get most of it back by charging a venue/registration fee, but you'll definitely need money to get things started.

I know some of the corporate tournaments have been run in and around NYC though. I already mentioned WCG, and I know Major League Gaming (MLG) has had events in the general area of NYC. Not sure if they've actually done any in the city. The main problem with hosting events in NYC is that travel to the city and hotel fees while you're there are usually higher than most other cities. I know I wanted to go to the WCG event back in 2009 and tickets from Phoenix to NYC were $400+ two months out. I can fly to Dallas for $200 and ATL for around $300. Plus I can find a cheap hotel almost anywhere, but in NYC that's not an easy task if you want to be close to a venue.

NYC to Philly is only a couple of hours to drive. If that's too far for you to go then I don't know what to tell you. A lot of players don't have a major within a 2 hour drive, but they still make it out. At the very least, save up a little bit of money every month so you can make it out to Evo. If you start saving now you'd definitely have enough for Evo 2012 or one of the majors around the end of this year (DEVASTATION, NEC, etc.).

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Although, it's also important to get people to come out to tournaments. MK has a HUGE following, but how many of those players are online warriors who have no intention of traveling for tournaments?
Something I plan to discuss with Shock and the boys come WB. Great post, DrDogg.

MKF30

I see what you're saying Dr. Dog, but like you said travel costs money. That's why I had mentioned the NYC thing, The money thing I can understand kind of...I mean these things costs money regardless, travel...well for the people that travel regularly I don't see how NYC is any different then going to Chicago or Miami etc

The philly thing, like you mentioned about NYC, money is the main issue(aside that I don't drive, I do have friends and some people offered on here but I'd pay them for gas and I can't afford 3-4 days in a hotel in philly.
I know a friend personally who's professional gamer, I'll ask him what the deal is with WCG. I knew about that but I thought that A. MK wasn't picked for that event and B. it was only for professional players( I didn't know anyone could compete)

Pistol

Noob
The philly thing, like you mentioned about NYC, money is the main issue(aside that I don't drive, I do have friends and some people offered on here but I'd pay them for gas and I can't afford 3-4 days in a hotel in philly.
Shit, if I was you. I wouldn't stay 3-4 days.

I'd find out what day the MK tournament is (You're not playing SF), get a train or bus ticket. Ride down in the morning, participate, then ride back at night. That ain't that expensive, and you're only giving up one day.

DrDogg

Noob
I see what you're saying Dr. Dog, but like you said travel costs money. That's why I had mentioned the NYC thing, The money thing I can understand kind of...I mean these things costs money regardless, travel...well for the people that travel regularly I don't see how NYC is any different then going to Chicago or Miami etc

I know a friend personally who's professional gamer, I'll ask him what the deal is with WCG. I knew about that but I thought that A. MK wasn't picked for that event and B. it was only for professional players( I didn't know anyone could compete)
As a rule of thumb you can go to any and all fighting game tournaments. Some may have qualifiers, but I have never heard of a fighting game tournament that was only accessible to professional gamers (which there technically aren't any pro gamers for fighting games, but that depends on your definition I suppose).

With WCG, the "Fight Club" they have held in NYC the last two years was open to anyone who signed up on the website (us.worldcybergames.com). Even if you didn't sign up, you could show up the day of the event and participate as long as the brackets weren't full. WCG also has an annual tournament that spans the globe, which you have to participate in online qualifiers to get in, but those qualifiers are open to everyone. I've gone to the WCG US Nationals 5 out of the last 8 years. They haven't announced their 2011 game lineup, but given the April release date of MK9, it's unlikely to be included. The ultra violent nature of the game may also limit it's inclusion in WCG, but they use Counter-Strike so we'll see.

As for traveling, there are almost always NY players traveling to tournaments in NJ, Philly and the surrounding areas. You should introduce yourself to the NYC threads on Shoryuken.com, TekkenZaibatsu.com and other FGC sites. Get to know those players and when NEC comes around, you can probably hitch a ride with them. That would cost you maybe $20 in gas and then probably only 2-3 nights in a hotel. Sharing with a few other players, you'll find that to be as low as $10 a night... maybe even less depending on where you stay. There's also the option of getting housed by other players. I've housed at least 4-6 players the last two years for DEV.

As far as NYC hotels compared to other places, it's just hard to find cheap hotels in downtown NYC (which is where WCG held their event the last two years). If you move away from downtown you can find cheaper hotels, but then you have to pay to take the subway or a taxi, so it still adds up. When I go to tournaments in Chicago or Dallas, I can either stay with friends or find a cheap $40 per night hotel and crash there with 2-4 other players to make it super cheap.

MKF30

Yeah, Pistol I hear ya. I was going to ask that next actually lol. These things obviously cover a few games, but I'd probably just go the day of MK and that's it. I don't even play the other games so no need you know?

As a rule of thumb you can go to any and all fighting game tournaments. Some may have qualifiers, but I have never heard of a fighting game tournament that was only accessible to professional gamers (which there technically aren't any pro gamers for fighting games, but that depends on your definition I suppose).

With WCG, the "Fight Club" they have held in NYC the last two years was open to anyone who signed up on the website (us.worldcybergames.com). Even if you didn't sign up, you could show up the day of the event and participate as long as the brackets weren't full. WCG also has an annual tournament that spans the globe, which you have to participate in online qualifiers to get in, but those qualifiers are open to everyone. I've gone to the WCG US Nationals 5 out of the last 8 years. They haven't announced their 2011 game lineup, but given the April release date of MK9, it's unlikely to be included. The ultra violent nature of the game may also limit it's inclusion in WCG, but they use Counter-Strike so we'll see.

As for traveling, there are almost always NY players traveling to tournaments in NJ, Philly and the surrounding areas. You should introduce yourself to the NYC threads on Shoryuken.com, TekkenZaibatsu.com and other FGC sites. Get to know those players and when NEC comes around, you can probably hitch a ride with them. That would cost you maybe $20 in gas and then probably only 2-3 nights in a hotel. Sharing with a few other players, you'll find that to be as low as $10 a night... maybe even less depending on where you stay. There's also the option of getting housed by other players. I've housed at least 4-6 players the last two years for DEV.

As far as NYC hotels compared to other places, it's just hard to find cheap hotels in downtown NYC (which is where WCG held their event the last two years). If you move away from downtown you can find cheaper hotels, but then you have to pay to take the subway or a taxi, so it still adds up. When I go to tournaments in Chicago or Dallas, I can either stay with friends or find a cheap $40 per night hotel and crash there with 2-4 other players to make it super cheap.
I see, yeah on that professional thing I know Swoozie(who I'm sure you know) a pro DOA player and at times I've only seen him and other pro players like MASTER, Hitomi etc who get paid to go all over to play games. So I always thought they were like special in that regard where as us players on here kind of don't get paid to travel and play you know? But from my understanding it's his job too so he does other things concerning gaming, goes to PAX, E3 etc, etc even over seas at times to events. Maybe that's why I thought that.

To my knowledge Justin Wong and Daigo also with SF unless I'm mistaken, he knows and met/played them before so I'm assuming here since they're the well known guys for SSF4.

Too bad they didn't have it in downtown Brooklyn lol, would definitely be cheaper then Manhattan for sure. WCG FN I mean.

DrDogg

Noob
Oh yeah, I've known sWooZie, Master, Vanessa and all of them for a long time (before they were in the gaming spotlight). Most of what you see of them is from the Championship Gaming Series (CGS). That was actually open to everyone, but you had to go to a tournament in LA to qualify to be on one of the teams. Master hasn't really done much outside of CGS, but sWooZie goes all over doing promotions and other things for Samsung (who did WCG Ultimate Gamer) and other gaming companies. He actually MCs DEVASTATION every year as well. If you watched any of sWooZie's video blogs around the time he was in CGS, you'll see me in a few of them. He's also done a couple of DEVASTATION video blogs.

Wong and Daigo could also be called pro gamers depending on your definition... Daigo moreso than Wong. I don't know the details of their finances, but I know MadCatz flies Daigo around the world. Team EG doesn't give Wong an annual salary that I'm aware of (not 100% sure on this), so I don't know if you'd call him a pro gamer or not. Either way, I get what you're saying.

If MLG or WCG picks up MK9, someone from here could get to that level. It's certainly not out of the question.

MKF30

Oh yeah, I've known sWooZie, Master, Vanessa and all of them for a long time (before they were in the gaming spotlight). Most of what you see of them is from the Championship Gaming Series (CGS). That was actually open to everyone, but you had to go to a tournament in LA to qualify to be on one of the teams. Master hasn't really done much outside of CGS, but sWooZie goes all over doing promotions and other things for Samsung (who did WCG Ultimate Gamer) and other gaming companies. He actually MCs DEVASTATION every year as well. If you watched any of sWooZie's video blogs around the time he was in CGS, you'll see me in a few of them. He's also done a couple of DEVASTATION video blogs.

Wong and Daigo could also be called pro gamers depending on your definition... Daigo moreso than Wong. I don't know the details of their finances, but I know MadCatz flies Daigo around the world. Team EG doesn't give Wong an annual salary that I'm aware of (not 100% sure on this), so I don't know if you'd call him a pro gamer or not. Either way, I get what you're saying.

If MLG or WCG picks up MK9, someone from here could get to that level. It's certainly not out of the question.

Same here with just Swoozie though, I knew him from Xbox one days via Burnout 3 online lol...he and I among many others played hardcore online, good times that game was great.

Then he told me about jobs he got and then became famous shortly after because of DOA. The others I only know because of names, videos and such. He's the only one I know personally though and even worked with him on some outside projects online. Yep, I taped every show of first season since he was on it lol. He has so many vids lol I probably did see you but don't know what you look like lol. I don't know if you follow him or not but any animated videos he's made I'm the guy doing the voices for him lol in most of them.

But yeah, that's cool that you know all about that. You seem intimately familiar with pro gaming and big tournament events.

Yeah, I hear ya about MK9. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens with MK9.