What's new

General/Other - Swarm Queen Why the second D'Vorah nerf is unnecessary

Is the second nerf necessary?

• Total voters

The Magician

According to my sources...
i know play dvorah very well like 70% of the cast, and you want really say that dvorah is harder to play in many matchups ? Give cassie same run speed and maybe its will be ok agains zoners
Cassie cage is quite possibly 95% easier to play than D'Vorah, no where near the same execution now. You can complain IF your main combo/pressure tool gets nerfed.

Stop

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Exactly. For those saying that the second nerf is justified because D'Vorah is "too good" and therefore, let's make her bnbs significantly harder to do, it doesn't answer the question. The top D'Vorah players will still go into the lab and force themselves to adjust to a 1 frame link but my question is WHY? What does it accomplish? She still has the same tools and once the players put another 24+ hours of labbing to learn the execution, will NRS say, "Ok time to take it out completely."?

It doesn't make sense that a nerf makes her execution turn from 4 frame links to 1 frame links. Everyone that is saying that is a necessary nerf, tell me why. The "We can still do it so it's fine" reason is complete garbage.

If NRS wanted to get rid of them, they'll probably do another patch to get rid of them completely, meaning ALL that lab time to execute a 1 frame link is a complete waste. If NRS wanted to keep them in the game, why is it necessary to make them 1 frame links instead of 4 frame links?

If the purpose of the nerf was solely to reduce her pressure, that could have been done differently.

@Krayzie
@Blind_Ducky
@Everyone that thinks the second nerf is necessary.
I didn't say the second nerf was necessary. It wasn't. I would've preferred they just killed the cancel advantage off f112. I'm just not crying about this because I know I'm committed to playing this character for the life of the game and will have these down consistently. If it's such a problem just drop her. The way you're dealing with this is embarrassing.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I don't play the character but nerfing characters into the ground two months into release is ridiculous and ignoring bugs and inconsistencies is even more ridiculous.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
I don't play the character but nerfing characters into the ground two months into release is ridiculous and ignoring bugs and inconsistencies is even more ridiculous.
She didn't get nerfed to the ground, she's more or less the same as she has been and is still strong af. They just decided to make these links 1 frame instead of 3 or 2 frames for no real reason, but if they had one it would be nice to hear it.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
My guess for the reason why those frames were added to the bug bomb were so they could nerf f112 pressure without ruining f112 as a whole. The string is clearly meant to have a lot of cancel adv so she can get things like bug spray on block or ex ovipositor on block with no interruptions. So doing this nerfed swarm queens 50/50 off f112 to make it slightly more unsafe without making the string useless. The combos being harder was probably just an unintentional result of this.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
My guess for the reason why those frames were added to the bug bomb were so they could nerf f112 pressure without ruining f112 as a whole. The string is clearly meant to have a lot of cancel adv so she can get things like bug spray on block or ex ovipositor on block with no interruptions. So doing this nerfed swarm queens 50/50 off f112 to make it slightly more unsafe without making the string useless. The combos being harder was probably just an unintentional result of this.
Yeah me and Krayzie went through this a few pages ago, they could've made it so you have to hold it for 1 or 2 frames instead which would accomplish the same thing.

MK_Al

Noob
I don't see how anybody will pull of the 1f link consistently soon. forget the sf4 comparison. not only do people plink the link making it actually a 2f link, but also the game is out for years now. so if you have daigo skills, you might be able to pull it off consistently in maybe a year or two.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
I didn't say the second nerf was necessary. It wasn't. I would've preferred they just killed the cancel advantage off f112. I'm just not crying about this because I know I'm committed to playing this character for the life of the game and will have these down consistently. If it's such a problem just drop her. The way you're dealing with this is embarrassing.
I'm stating the facts and giving a reasonable argument. Being unhappy with an unnecessary change is hardly "embarrassing".

haketh

Noob
I don't see how anybody will pull of the 1f link consistently soon. forget the sf4 comparison. not only do people plink the link making it actually a 2f link, but also the game is out for years now. so if you have daigo skills, you might be able to pull it off consistently in maybe a year or two.
This is an embarrassing post for so many reasons

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Hey, at least F112 is safe now. I'm just gonna practice all today and get the new timing down. Good luck to all D'vorah mains at CEO, I'll be rooting for ya

MadMagician86

This One is unimpressed
I'm stating the facts and giving a reasonable argument. Being unhappy with an unnecessary change is hardly "embarrassing".
My sentiments are the same.

@Blind_Ducky while you do provide some meaning insight as to NRSs possible motivations for the nerf, I've still yet to hear any explanation for the change. Perhaps it was their intentions were to nerf F112 pressure. But to what point? Why is it necessary to nerf said pressure? What is the purpose, the benefit to the community? Because I don't think there is one.

She is still very good just like tanya, i did bug blast cancels in brood mother, so its going to be same with 112 wc. They just did it to remove d1 wc 11b2 combos and f112 wc being crazy plus. It should not have been done but a lot of people cried about dvorah so i wont be shocked to seem them completely remove wc combos. we just have to wait and see i guess.