What's new

Question Why So Much Love for Klassic Reptile?

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
I think Reptile is fun to use, but the only reason I don't play him is because he doesn't look like MKDA Reptile. That's the only Reptile I like.

Ok, this is admittedly stupid. But of I see anyone using the Mk9 skins and not the Mk1 costume I immediately assume that they picked up reptile this game only based on his dash. Not rational I know. I'm an Mk1 elitist.

Reptile was my favorite in Mk2 and Mk3, I hated what they did to him in all the 3d games.

#IamMuffinMuggers

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Ok, this is admittedly stupid. But of I see anyone using the Mk9 skins and not the Mk1 costume I immediately assume that they picked up reptile this game only based on his dash. Not rational I know. I'm an Mk1 elitist.

Reptile was my favorite in Mk2 and Mk3, I hated what they did to him in all the 3d games.

#IamMuffinMuggers
agreed.costume 1 and 2 for reptile in mk9 are truely stupid.you've got this fucking fat toad in bed trousers and what is with that combination of green and gold all about? its the same as ermac,i like his costume 2 but whats with costume 1? he looks like a arab terrorist on the gaza strip.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
for me its 100% nostalgic. i remember playing MK in the arcades and never being able to get a double flawless at the pit with my measly $2 (i was only 9 years old i think), so when it finally hit sega genesis i could change the difficulty to very easy and jump kick and uppercut my way straight to the bottom of that bitch lol. it was a big deal for me back then, and iirc, Reptile was much more difficult than Goro or Shang Tsung was. the mysterious green ninja was very intriguing to me at the time. also, that was around the same time the power rangers had the green ranger saga, so green guys were kinda fuckin shit up back then. then MK II came out and reptile sucked ass, as did everything ever associated with power rangers.
me n you would have been great buds back in the day lol. pretty much the same reason and i also loooved the powerrangers and the green one was my favorite by far

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
I like his alternate costume but 99% of the time I pick MK1. Reptile is my favorite MK character and his UMK3 costume is my favorite but since it's not available I just use MK1.