What's new

Question Why So Much Love for Klassic Reptile?

I really love Reptile's second costume, but I constantly see people playing with one of the klassic Reptile costumes. Why is this? I find his main and alternate costumes so bad ass, but many people seem to prefer the klassic-looking non-reptilian-bodied costumes.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I really love Reptile's second costume, but I constantly see people playing with one of the klassic Reptile costumes. Why is this? I find his main and alternate costumes so bad ass, but many people seem to prefer the klassic-looking non-reptilian-bodied costumes.
I heard it puts a bigger hitbox on certain moves, that is the only reason I pick it ever.

I heard it puts a bigger hitbox on certain moves, that is the only reason I pick it ever.
Woah, really? Which moves, and can other people verify this?

I find all his costumes are ok. At least he doesn't have man faces or anything like Kitana.
Rofl, wouldn't it be good if a male character had a man face?

I think a lot of casuals that play MK, bought it because they used to play MK-UMK3. It makes sense that they would select costumes for characters that remind them of the games they used to play.
Ahh, that makes sense. Kind of the nostalgia of it I guess.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Woah, really? Which moves, and can other people verify this?

Rofl, wouldn't it be good if a male character had a man face?

Ahh, that makes sense. Kind of the nostalgia of it I guess.
Anything that involves a kick button, it's supposed to be he has a bigger hitbox on his legs.

Anything that involves a kick button, it's supposed to be he has a bigger hitbox on his legs.
Wow... I wonder why... Any of the Klassic costumes or is there a specific one? I'll probably still stick to the main alternate for practice so I get used to a smaller hitbox, but that's weird :confused: Though it doesn't surprise me with the amount of secrets 'n' stuff throughout MK's history.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Wow... I wonder why... Any of the Klassic costumes or is there a specific one? I'll probably still stick to the main alternate for practice so I get used to a smaller hitbox, but that's weird :confused: Though it doesn't surprise me with the amount of secrets 'n' stuff throughout MK's history.
A lot of the klassic costumes fuck with a lot of the characters and give some of their moves different properties of sorts. Idk why though.

A lot of the klassic costumes fuck with a lot of the characters and give some of their moves different properties of sorts. Idk why though.
Wow, I had no idea costumes ever changed character properties like that. Maybe MK intended for people that have been sticking with the series for a long time to get a little bit of a bonus?

Klassic skins are so thug lyfe... we can all agree on this no?
Haha, on most characters, yes.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
Wow, I had no idea costumes ever changed character properties like that. Maybe MK intended for people that have been sticking with the series for a long time to get a little bit of a bonus?

i always use the klassic skin, it makes ermac look like a ninja. people tend to respect him more lol
also i hate reptile in his lizard skins, he looks kind of lame to me.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

Nah, it was all unintentional. Most of the stuff was patched out, but they left the stuff that didn't make too much of a difference.

i always use the klassic skin, it makes ermac look like a ninja. people tend to respect him more lol
also i hate reptile in his lizard skins, he looks kind of lame to me.
Lol it does indeed make Ermac look like a Ninja.
Really? I think he looks cool with his lizard skin haha. I generally rotate between the klassic and first alternate costumes for all the characters ('cept Reptile, though I do occasionally go back to his klassic costumes). Actually come to think of it I rarely use the primary costumes of anyone :confused:

FUCK. Ninja'd again haha, I think this is one of the quickest-responding forum communities I've ever been in.
I'd edit my posts, but you can't quote (I don't think) in Edit mode.

Nah, it was all unintentional. Most of the stuff was patched out, but they left the stuff that didn't make too much of a difference.
Seriously? Seems like a big mistake to accidentally make lol, I have to wonder how they detect collision that causes costumes to make a difference...

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
i'll only play classic reptile costume on the belief that his original and alternative in this game are fucking stupid.why did they turn a ninja into a fucking frog? still not as bad as mk da reptile though.

because he looks human :p

I'd edit my posts, but you can't quote (I don't think) in Edit mode.
if you click the reply button next to posts it adds them to your post (the one at the bottom anyway). but you can just copy the quote over to the post you're editing.

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
Most of the time I rock his first costume...I find it easier to do spacing and hitconfirming with (most likely because I'm simply more used to the animations on this model). Rock what you want, man. To each his own swag.

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
for me its 100% nostalgic. i remember playing MK in the arcades and never being able to get a double flawless at the pit with my measly $2 (i was only 9 years old i think), so when it finally hit sega genesis i could change the difficulty to very easy and jump kick and uppercut my way straight to the bottom of that bitch lol. it was a big deal for me back then, and iirc, Reptile was much more difficult than Goro or Shang Tsung was. the mysterious green ninja was very intriguing to me at the time. also, that was around the same time the power rangers had the green ranger saga, so green guys were kinda fuckin shit up back then. then MK II came out and reptile sucked ass, as did everything ever associated with power rangers.

i'll only play classic reptile costume on the belief that his original and alternative in this game are fucking stupid.why did they turn a ninja into a fucking frog? still not as bad as mk da reptile though.
Lol a frog? I think he does look like a lizard, and his name is Reptile, after all, so it would be appropriate for him to look like a lizard xD

because klassic costumes are so... klassy.
Haha, I normally think that is the case, but in my opinion Reptile is supposed to look different from everyone else; he's a separate race :D

because he looks human :p
[...]
if you click the reply button next to posts it adds them to your post (the one at the bottom anyway). but you can just copy the quote over to the post you're editing.
That's why I don't like the klassic Reptile costumes, I think he belongs looking like the separate race he is :p
And thanks, for some reason it didn't occur to me that I could do that lol.

Most of the time I rock his first costume...I find it easier to do spacing and hitconfirming with (most likely because I'm simply more used to the animations on this model). Rock what you want, man. To each his own swag.
I can definitely see that, because his normal and alternate costumes really don't share similarities with any other character in the game. Also, your last sentence is a win haha, don't know why I like it so much but I just do :D

Klassic is sooo much better. :p
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNO.

for me its 100% nostalgic. i remember playing MK in the arcades and never being able to get a double flawless at the pit with my measly $2 (i was only 9 years old i think), so when it finally hit sega genesis i could change the difficulty to very easy and jump kick and uppercut my way straight to the bottom of that bitch lol. it was a big deal for me back then, and iirc, Reptile was much more difficult than Goro or Shang Tsung was. the mysterious green ninja was very intriguing to me at the time. also, that was around the same time the power rangers had the green ranger saga, so green guys were kinda fuckin shit up back then. then MK II came out and reptile sucked ass, as did everything ever associated with power rangers.
I figured it would be more about nostalgia for most of the people here, but I guess not. Haha yeah, Reptile did seem much more difficult than anyone else. Didn't he have that movement speed boost too? I just remember getting my ass raped by him every time I'd actually find him lol. Haha I never really watched Power Rangers, don't know why. I think I missed MK II for whatever reason, so I never really experienced the downfall of Reptile lol.

-------------------------
Not a reply to anyone:
-------------------------

Also, am I the only one that prefers the MK1 costumes over all the other klassic ones? I like the hood coming over the mouth piece and stuff like that, as opposed to the mouth piece being more... Ninja 2.0-ish and going on top of everything else on their head.