What's new

why so much fan emphasis on females?

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
ok we have Hawkgirl now which makes 4 out of 19 playables so far, but im just wondering why the fans feel like there should be/will be alot more females? now i have no issues with female characters being in the game (Hawkgirl looks amazing) but i feel like were gonna get 5-7 females, 8 max and im totally fine with that, it is a fighting game and most fighting games usually have a 3/1 male/female ratio or worse, its made by Netherrealm and the last game they made (MK9) had 6 out of 27 initially and 1 more DLC, then its a DCU fighting game and there isnt a huge selection of A list/great hand-to-hand females, there are a few like Black Canary or Cheetah but i really cant think of 10 "need to be in this game" type characters who are female off the top of my head and even going through the list of JLA members there arent many recognizable females to choose from and the founding memebers consist of 1 female. i mean im more concerned about characters who fit the story well and play great without feeling forced regardless of gender, id hate to see (just for an example) ivy get in just because she's a female when swamp thing has more to offer...again thats not my opinion just an example. so why so much fuss about females?

zfallonz

Noob
For me, the male chars I wanted are already in. Deathstroke, Flash, and Joker. Now it's just Zatanna, who probably won't get in, and Raven who seems to have a better chance. Though she was only sited in what would seem to be a cameo at this point so I don't hold my breath.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
i mean its once thing to lobby for specific females but i see alot of "not enough females" thats more what im asking about
Right now it's 4 outta 19 right? There's near a 1 to 4 ratio of women to men and some feel that's just not enough for women. I'm personally not one of those people but I see where they're coming from. I don't know where the line is (2/5, 3/7, whatever) but when you look at a cast of 19 Superheros/Heroines and Villains/Villainesses and there's only 4 women then it's like "what, why so few?".

Courtney

Burn in my Light
Diversity is a very important thing imo, I tend to like female characters more, and there's no reason they can't make any character not fit the story

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
All this love for women but what about some love for Robots/Androids I see zero of them and people want more female we already have four of them.

Who gives a damn about ROBOTS? We can't fantasize about them or their big, bounci.....er...I mean, girl power.

To be fair though, we do have a mech suit and a cyborg.

Lazoruz

Closer to the coffin, but still kicking..!
You can't tell me you wouldn't want to play as Starfire...

...or Raven?
It just makes sense for hot female characters to be in video games, besides we have Hawk Girl, Cat Woman, and Wonder Woman already, why not add a few more?

Fred Marvel

Right now it's 4 outta 19 right? There's near a 1 to 4 ratio of women to men and some feel that's just not enough for women. I'm personally not one of those people but I see where they're coming from. I don't know where the line is (2/5, 3/7, whatever) but when you look at a cast of 19 Superheros/Heroines and Villains/Villainesses and there's only 4 women then it's like "what, why so few?".
theres 4 now, we've seen Raven and if she's playable that makes 5 out of 20 which would make 1 female for every 3 males in the gamewhich is right on par with usual fighting game rosters so i dont see an issue tbh if i was looking at it as just a hero game yes but knowing this is a hand to hand fighting game this is right where it should or where i expected it to be

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
theres 4 now, we've seen Raven and if she's playable that makes 5 out of 20 which would make 1 female for every 3 males in the gamewhich is right on par with usual fighting game rosters so i dont see an issue tbh if i was looking at it as just a hero game yes but knowing this is a hand to hand fighting game this is right where it should or where i expected it to be
We've also heard about Ares, Doomsday, and Black Adam which would be 5 outta 23.

Fred Marvel

Diversity is a very important thing imo, I tend to like female characters more, and there's no reason they can't make any character not fit the story
character diversity is but not really gender diversity, i just dont want this game to be like MvC3 where they purposely avoid good usual characters and put in obscure characters who really we like "huh, who is that and why is he here?" i mean different is good and if you have a female character who fits well by all means i just dont want any forced characters.

...or Raven?
It just makes sense for hot female characters to be in video games, besides we have Hawk Girl, Cat Woman, and Wonder Woman already, why not add a few more?
ive got no problem with Raven but i actually would have preferred Starfire over her by a little bit, females in the game is cool but i just dont want them to take up spots when there are male characters or robots (red tornado lol) who might fit the game better

Courtney

Burn in my Light
character diversity is but not really gender diversity, i just dont want this game to be like MvC3 where they purposely avoid good usual characters and put in obscure characters who really we like "huh, who is that and why is he here?" i mean different is good and if you have a female character who fits well by all means i just dont want any forced characters.
What MvC3 did wrong was pick the wrong females who already had male counter-parts in the game.

(red tornado lol)
Shoutouts to Red Tornado

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme

...or Raven?
play as or play with? sorry i sometimes forget these are drawings.