Make Reptile Great?

• Yes

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 37.0%

• Total voters

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
As you already know, Reptile is a throw away slave character in the story and very generic. Never won a fight in the story.

As a Klassic character, he needs to be more interesting. He's always looking for a new "master" (Look up Reptile's history, to know more)

In story mode, I believe this could make him more interesting:

After beating the Klassic tower, it says he found his race, which could be implemented in the story as he is now the leader.
The ending usually doesn't actually come alive in the story though, so if not this is what I want to happen. NRS please:
He should join the "good guys" after realizing he is just being used after Shao Kahn tries to kill him. His race could join him as well. (Make them not as useless as Tarkatans). If anything, he should be a neutral character. Him and his race. Not a slave. I want him to get his own chapter too, instead of losing every fight.
Him being used angers him and becomes a badass with his race is probably the #1 thing he needs to be.
This is just my opinion... Thoughts?

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
I'm not gonna lie, at first I was triggered because I thought it was about gsmeplay, where Reptile is fantastic. But yeah I like good storytelling in games, movies, and everything. So yeah I'd be up for Reptile to be less lame story wise.
Oh his game play is the most fun for my playstyle. Love that. Wouldn't change a thing there. Have you noticed that kharacters w/ a more important role in the story get played more?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Oh his game play is the most fun for my playstyle. Love that. Wouldn't change a thing there. Have you noticed that kharacters w/ a more important role in the story get played more?
Well yeah. But Reptile is a pretty popular character anyways. Story wise, nobody is shot tie than Kano though. He gets mopped worse than Reptile.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Well yeah. But Reptile is a pretty popular character anyways. Story wise, nobody is shot tie than Kano though. He gets mopped worse than Reptile.
I wouldn't really call him popular...
I hardly see him and he's kind of lame sadly story wise

They need to revert Reptile back to the mystical, calm and collected version back in 2D MK, with only some of his moves giving a glimpse of his bestial nature. His design is atrocious now, but that's not even the worst aspect; his behavior is. Constantly drooling and talking in a silly voice.

Still, though, Reptile has retained far more dignity than poster boys such as Sub-Zero and Scorpion, so it's funny how he's always singled out as getting the short end of the stick.

llabslb

R1D1_998
I would like reptile to return to his badass ninja form rather than being the scaley bitch he is now. But that would mean it would fuck up the epic ending they made for him in MKX. I would really like to see Reptile doing some damage and leading some sort of army considering he found his race.

I completely agree. Given how epic and badass the character design is, he's too much of a bitch character.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
I would like reptile to return to his badass ninja form rather than being the scaley bitch he is now. But that would mean it would fuck up the epic ending they made for him in MKX. I would really like to see Reptile doing some damage and leading some sort of army considering he found his race.

I completely agree. Given how epic and badass the character design is, he's too much of a bitch character.
That would be great. Getting his own chapter would be a dream! Would you prefer him to be neutral, evil, or on the good side?

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
They need to revert Reptile back to the mystical, calm and collected version back in 2D MK, with only some of his moves giving a glimpse of his bestial nature. His design is atrocious now, but that's not even the worst aspect; his behavior is. Constantly drooling and talking in a silly voice.

Still, though, Reptile has retained far more dignity than poster boys such as Sub-Zero and Scorpion, so it's funny how he's always singled out as getting the short end of the stick.
Oh yeah, he needs a cooler and non cringe-worthy voice lol.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Yeah, it could've been better if reptile was ACTUALLY considered a challenge in the storyline. These newbies like cassie, takeda and jacqui beating up reptile seems...Stupid idk.

ando1184

Noob
Well maybe they still might make him the host body for the dragon king like they did with mk deception? Seeing as how the new mk's are a retelling of the same events that took place pre mk9. I mean that was a pretty big chunk of the relevance of his character if ya ask me. He becomes the final boss lol. But it does suck that he's stuck in lackey mode all the time though.

llabslb

R1D1_998
That would be great. Getting his own chapter would be a dream! Would you prefer him to be neutral, evil, or on the good side?
Depends on what the writers see fit really. Personally I would like to see him bring some sort of justice because he's one of the few characters that really knows and understands how evil our world is.

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
I'm not gonna lie, at first I was triggered because I thought it was about gsmeplay, where Reptile is fantastic. But yeah I like good storytelling in games, movies, and everything. So yeah I'd be up for Reptile to be less lame story wise.
I think he's been robbed so terribly in the last 2 games. It's about time he's brought to par with the other 2 original ninjas.
Spits acid in Takedas eyes. Oh we have water. Rinse them out. Oh everything's fine... you know.. we've only seen the same acid dissolve a person entirely (minus one twitching hand)
They need to embrace how feral he's becoming and have him kill those that get in his way. That or make his ending canon and have his race returning (which has always been his motive) revitalize him completely.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Hmm well...what do you think @THTB? Wanted to see you opinion on this as well!

Personally i would love to have reptile back in "ninja" form as some others have said. Ive always thought that version of him was hype! lol

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
to the people who say they want reptile to turn back to the human green ninja, eh, i don't think its as fun, i like the reptillian look :).

also, sheeva and baraka are much worse than reptile.

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
For the record Reptile going back human would be lore breaking and against the trend of the last many games UNLESS his ending is made cannon. In which case he would get his human guise back. Personally I'm looking forward to MK11s spit sack and tail.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I would like for Reptile to become a zoner.

Slow down the frames a little on his other attacks and buff the hell out of his force ball.

That part of his game is just beautiful. It makes me miss Rain.

I would like for Reptile to become a zoner.

Slow down the frames a little on his other attacks and buff the hell out of his force ball.

That part of his game is just beautiful. It makes me miss Rain.
God, please, no. I love him as a fast, agile character. Fits his bestial nature much better.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I love Reptile's existing design, but I would love a complete turn of allegiance and a revival of his race.

Reactions: D7X