What's new

Why NOT play online?

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I think most of the UMK3 players would appreciate someone actually taking the time to do a stream for them. I know that a few of the guys were really looking forward to you maybe streaming UMK3.

Mike we know you suck at the game, believe me we know this, however you are part of the KN dude and that whole shit was built on UMK3, Without UMK3 there is no KN least you could do is show the UMK3 guys a little love.

Really disappointed man.

Anyone else does streaming that maybe could host a UMK3 night and help out???

@Shock ???
I support UMK3 at every friggin' tournament you guys don't show up to anymore. Don't say I don't show my support, because I do
for both MK2 and UMK3. (Even MK9)

I set up each classic station, try to get people to play, and even ask to see if anyone is up for a little 8 man tournament.

MRIGOTBASS

I support UMK3 at every friggin' tournament you guys don't show up to anymore. Don't say I don't show my support, because I do

I set up each classic station, try to get people to play, and even ask to see if anyone is up for a little 8 man tournament.
We are talking about Real UMK bro not TE, no disrespect but you want the real UMK3 players to travel bro you have to offer Real UMK3 LOL.

We are trying to promote people playing because everyone is scared to play because they are terrified to lose.

One of our Main Mame supporters/players actually stopped playing and defriended 90% of the community because they could'nt hold thier losses and painted themselfs into a corner and now refuses to play anyone.

We cannot afford to keep losing players like this.

We are trying to get some old players back, maybe a few new guys that can just play and have fun.

Mike we need your help.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
We are talking about Real UMK bro not TE, no disrespect but you want the real UMK3 players to travel bro you have to offer Real UMK3 LOL.

We are trying to promote people playing because everyone is scared to play because they are terrified to lose.

One of our Main Mame supporters/players actually stopped playing and defriended 90% of the community because they could'nt hold thier losses and painted themselfs into a corner and now refuses to play anyone.

We cannot afford to keep losing players like this.

We are trying to get some old players back, maybe a few new guys that can just play and have fun.

Mike we need your help.
I do setup vanilla UMK3. No one touches that game anymore. Nobody. We will get the occasional two people to ask for it to be booted up for like a quick FT5 but no one wants to come out for those games anymore. In general, most of the new blood playing MKX, will sit down, ask how to play and probably enter in a tournament.

New people like how the TE hack plays and want to learn the game. More people play that then touch vanilla UMK3.

Here's my issue with that. Living where I do, I don't have the time to make a total of 24 Hours drive over a space of 2 1/2 days. The money isn't always there to make that a two hour flight either. I have a family also, so it makes trips to the coast for a video game seem unfathomable. I'm glad for guys like no doubt that made the trip from the coast to play in my tournament. I do hope to come out to some tournaments on the East Coast, it would be nice if that was reciprocated.
Having said that, there's more talent to stream than what is just on the East Coast, and I think that may be what bass is alluding to. My twitch stream won't get near the viewers that yours or a guy like Reo's would. It doesn't even have to be an exclusive segment. Just a couple hours on your stream over a weekend or something would be awesome.
As far as tournament edition, I had it available at my tournament, nobody even asked. In casuals the night before and the night after, nobody asked. So I guess there's a difference in opinion based on what part of the country you're in. There was more interest in N64 trilogy.

MRIGOTBASS

I do setup vanilla UMK3. No one touches that game anymore. Nobody. We will get the occasional two people to ask for it to be booted up for like a quick FT5 but no one wants to come out for those games anymore. In general, most of the new blood playing MKX, will sit down, ask how to play and probably enter in a tournament.

New people like how the TE hack plays and want to learn the game. More people play that then touch vanilla UMK3.
Yea we had like 15 people show up from across the country for a Vanilla only event, not sure why you guys aren't getting people to play.

I haven't seen a real UMK3 event out of the east coast advertised since 2013? I could be wrong tho, I dont really follow the tournament scene.

Yea we had like 15 people show up from across the country for a Vanilla only event, not sure why you guys aren't getting people to play.

I haven't seen a real UMK3 event out of the east coast advertised since 2013? I could be wrong tho, I dont really follow the tournament scene.
I would love a stream to try to get this some exposure. I don't care if I get bodied or who I body. I'd even be OK with a little bit of a streamed online tournament. I wonder what kind of incentive we could provide to get players?
@Mikemetroid how many viewers do you normally get on your stream?
It would be cool to get guys from all over the country on stream. @YOMI REO as well? Get guys like @dubson @Drakonian @UndefinedRican @Ziggy @McLOV1NS
@nwo @ddy_08 @necoarc12 @NobilityV3 and many others to showcase classic talent

Cienfuegos

When I put ice on, I am Sub-Zero
Count me in there too ! :p I still play on xbl and mame although it's getting tougher to find matches these days but anyone can hmu ken.cienfuegos on skype.

Drakonian

Shady Divizio
No one touches that game anymore. Nobody. New people like how the TE hack plays and want to learn the game. More people play that then touch vanilla UMK3.
So tired of you guys cutting down vanilla and upping TE on here. You guys don't even play so what's the agenda? Us klassic players are actually trying to keep the hype and passion for the game alive, can we get a little support? It really becomes an uphill battle when you guys are constantly pushing your TE propaganda on everyone and discouraging any players on here from playing the real game.

Reactions: ded

MRIGOTBASS

If anyone thinks that Vanilla UMK3 sucks....
Watch this never before seen set between me and @YOMI REO
Its 2.5 Hours long, REO is in NY I am in Pittsburgh under 20ms lag ONLINE gameplay

Probably the last GREAT set of UMK3 I got to play. Nobody on this site other than people that play with Me have ever seen games played like this.
I miss playing with people like REO that dont complain and play thier asses off, and I fear the days of finding people willing to play 100 games in a row and not complain are gone.

So here is a video with ME LOSING GAMES and REO LOSING GAMES and guess what I am still cool with REO, there is no BEEF after playing, there is no hatemail just mutual respect from both sides. Everyone loses games, just get over it and play the next time or next day. Fuck man.

The Idea of the post isnt to call people out or name names, we just want people to play the game thats it. Stop the crying shit and excuses and feelings.

Xerclipse

"I saw you staring"
@Drakonian @ddy_08 @ddy_08 @dubson @YourMKArcadeSource @McLOV1NS @Spic Unit @NoDoubt @YOMI REO @Trukuu777 @nwo @NobilityV3 @MRIGOTBASS @Juggs @Platinum Shinobi
@Shock
Tag others as you see fit.

What's the deal with not wanting to play online?
I mean, I get when you're trying to circumvent the globe to play with 500ms delay. But otherwise, why not? This game is FUN. I get it doesn't play the same offline as it does online - the tournament experience taught me that. I played better offline. EVERYONE does I think.
I prefer Mame to psn, I feel Mame is more responsive, less dropped inputs, and just feels better in identical ping. But I'll still play on psn. I'll still play online.
What's the hang up? Afraid to lose? Worried that you'll be 'exposed'?? Anybody worth their weight in salt has enough of a mind to know that online ability doesn't extend to offline ability.
I played @Trukuu777 on n64 mkt last night. Connection was decent. I lost a few rounds due to some lag issues. So did he. But you know what? It was fun.
When did this game, this small, dwindling but thriving community get so caught up in NOT playing online? I came from online. I'm not an OG or one of the best, but a lot DID come from online.
Community needs to grow. It needs to survive. That doesn't come from only playing offline in tournaments throughout the country or picking and choosing who you'll play online.
I feel like when I fight people on MKX on xbox, they are usually at my skill level. There are some who I will body and sleep on but over all, my opponents give me a challenge bots won't have. Some even are way better than me, and when I fight them consistently, I get better as a player too. That goes for any fighting game. Local teaches you how to fight a specific opponent, online teaches you match ups and characters. You feel a huge difference in improvement in your gameplay when you fight online.

The only problem with online is timing of your inputs due to lag and other stuff. There will be inconsistencies. In my belief, I think people don't like to fight online because they know/believe they will get bodied. But thats how you learn (if you think back what you did wrong or what challenges you have)

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I think most of the UMK3 players would appreciate someone actually taking the time to do a stream for them. I know that a few of the guys were really looking forward to you maybe streaming UMK3.

Mike we know you suck at the game, believe me we know this, however you are part of the KN dude and that whole shit was built on UMK3, Without UMK3 there is no KN least you could do is show the UMK3 guys a little love.

Really disappointed man.

Anyone else does streaming that maybe could host a UMK3 night and help out???

@Shock ???
could definitely do that, need to set it up. I've streamed myself just messing around with TE training mode with no sound and gotten like 120 viewers. If we advertise some sort of event I'm sure it will do well. I haven't been able to stream any classics at the last few events I've done iirc. MKX takes up a lot of time in addition to the various other games I've been streaming at events like SFV, Smash, KI, DOA, SC etc.

There are a few factors as to why I don't play online. The most prevalent being my connection. It's the best internet available at my home, and it sucks. Most console fighters won't even let me join a match, and the ones that do have the game run at about 1fps. On games where I can actually play online and check my ping, it is usually well over 1000.

The truth is, if I could, I would play MK online every day. Maybe it wouldn't be UMK3 every day, but MKT N64 is my jam, and it always will be ;)

I finally got to play Drew online not too long ago, and that was just because I happened to be at a friends house who has internet far better than mine. His is considered incredible for the area and it still resulted in, as Drew said, a "decent" connection. Yes, there were definitely lag moments. Even when the connection is at its best it still isn't perfect (perfect being offline as comparison).

I still had a blast though and that is what is important. It's not like I was expecting to be able to display how much I have improved since the Ohio event or anything. Online isn't supposed to be a true gauge of someones skill. Me and him both know we were even better than we were showing. Heck, I mean, I had never played any game online through PC ever, and the only experience I had playing fighters with a keyboard was screwing around with Mugen years ago lol. Still, I was estatic just to play a game I loved with someon else who appreciated it.

To make up for my lack of online play I try to help the community in other ways. I am always constantly trying to spread the word of MKT and UMK3 to local players, and attend gaming events fairly often with a set-up to introduce some new blood. I also try to keep fairly active social network sites and events. I love Klassic MK and want it to live just as much as you guys. Honest.

One last note (regarding UMK3:TE) I would love to get into it (because I am a huge fan of some of the character buffs), but I am stupid with MAME, and personally I prefer the convenience of having something available on a console for the sake of introducing more local people or just playing casually with others.