What's new

Question - Ancestral Why no Ancestral Buff!!!!!

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I can't remember the last time I fought anyone using this variation and i've never tried it myself, what exactly is wrong with it?

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I fought a good Ancestrial and clearly look like it was fine. What would you buff, I'm curious?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
what exactly is wrong with it?
If it has a problem, it's that it doesn't offer much unique over Shaolin/Bojutsu. Not that the actual tools are legitimately terrible (i.e. current Warrior Predator). It is however the only variation that has a 100% safe OH option for what that's worth.

If I were to give it something, I'd remove autoblock from the arrow change so it has a few more ways to get meaningful conversions/punishes (similar to how Dualist Liu Kang can do this with certain strings into Metamorphosis). But even that might be a gamble of a buff.

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
Maybe they think that new breaker system is a buff enough for Ancestral? With no stamina you can zone with arrows and if you hit the stun one, you can start combo without stamina using dive kick.

But I doubt that, I guess this is same case as with Dualist from NRS perspective. Few people play it, means it doesn't need to be addressed that much as the popular variations.

Trustypatches

PSN: Boweeen, Twitch: rBoweeen
If it has a problem, it's that it doesn't offer much unique over Shaolin/Bojutsu.
Idk some of his stuff is pretty dirty. for example his meter drain combos: up to 32% meterless midscreen that drains half a bar... Up to (if I remember) 36% meterless corner that drains a whole bar and some of the higher meterless damages in the game with fire arrows (like 40-45% depending on starters and how optimal you want to go).

IMO the only thing that holds him back is that you have to have a stun arrow loaded for all of this dirt, and if you don't have a stun arrow loaded (which is more trouble than it should be with the timer) you're looking at string xx flykick as your go to combo. I personally think he could do with an ex arrow load that doesn't have auto block, so you can say punish with 11 xx ex stun load, and get something going. Maybe that could do too much though, I couldn't say.

omooba

fear the moobs
literally only one thing which is the bue/freeze arrow shouldn't disappear and only be able to be used once. it's stupid. like you have to do set ups just to do a combo?

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Idk some of his stuff is pretty dirty. for example his meter drain combos: up to 32% meterless midscreen that drains half a bar... Up to (if I remember) 36% meterless corner that drains a whole bar and some of the higher meterless damages in the game with fire arrows (like 40-45% depending on starters and how optimal you want to go).

IMO the only thing that holds him back is that you have to have a stun arrow loaded for all of this dirt, and if you don't have a stun arrow loaded (which is more trouble than it should be with the timer) you're looking at string xx flykick as your go to combo. I personally think he could do with an ex arrow load that doesn't have auto block, so you can say punish with 11 xx ex stun load, and get something going. Maybe that could do too much though, I couldn't say.
I feel the same way when you get someone in the corner he gets great meterless damage and even midscreen his meterless damage is great but it all depends on if you have that stun arrow loaded.

I think if they gave him a ex arrow load it wouldn't be to bad because your spending a bar to actually get a combo and not having to try to end something in hkd to get the arrow loaded. And they could scale damage when ex arrow load is used to not allow huge damage.

Your right tho I feel having to have stun arrow to get any kind of decent combo is his biggest weakness