What's new

Video/Tutorial - Nimble Why Nimble is Reptile's Best Variation

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Spit, fbs, swipe and pounce didn't really change anything. You build .2 more meter. That's pretty much it. Pounce is still not a mix up. Spit nets you a little bit more damage but nothing match up changing. He had that damage prepatch when you were saying he was ass. FBs let you be safe on block, but they can still cross you up and full combo punish you for using them. They're still way too slow to be reliable. You have yet to see anyone master the match up because you don't play against anyone lol. I can't do nimble on anyones face anymore. Everyone knows you can armor through anything on nimble and punish me for using it. Everyone knows how to deal with force balls now. I have no idea who you're talking about when you say "anyone". Deceptive is definitely better because it closes his holes and gives you meta advantage for 1 bar. How am I crapping in this thread? I'm looking at your points and this is like someone figuring out day 1 Reptile for the first time, 6 months after saying he was crap.

I think Ofidyan, J360, Milky and Coach Steve are fantastic reptiles that I respect a lot. You know why? They use Reptile offline at a high level. They figured him out and use him effectively competitively, while you were crying on the forums without understanding why would anyone do 21 on block. You're salty because you whined and whined for months, even though it's painfully obvious it was you and not the character. I'm a big meany booboo
Lol salty ?! I'm extremely happy they did well. And don't play anyone? How exactly do you know that? I play dab and cowboy pretty much everyday but of course you wouldn't know that because you are snobby and pretentious and everyone know that.
lol they didn't change mus that much hahaha omg either you're not good enough to see how they completely revamped reptile or you are just being stubborn. Being able to trade with spit alone is a huuuuuuge change. Being able to get fbs on screen and having time to react to jump ins is another enormous change. Having the opponent have to respect the swipe and pounce cancels is another game changer. It used to be that the opponent would see the f412 string and knew that right after they would be able to pressure or reptile would have to do something unsafe.. How do you not see this

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Lol salty ?! I'm extremely happy they did well. And don't play anyone? How exactly do you know that? I play dab and cowboy pretty much everyday but of course you wouldn't know that because you are snobby and pretentious and everyone know that.
lol they didn't change mus that much hahaha omg either you're not good enough to see how they completely revamped reptile or you are just being stubborn. Being able to trade with spit alone is a huuuuuuge change. Being able to get fbs on screen and having time to react to jump ins is another enormous change. Having the opponent have to respect the swipe and pounce cancels is another game changer. It used to be that the opponent would see the f412 string and knew that right after they would be able to pressure or reptile would have to do something unsafe.. How do you not see this
Because you live in Monterrey, Mexico. You play online. I don't take anyone who only plays online seriously. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I know that Wound beats you most of the time. So that only really proves my point. Everyone knows you're not a high tier Reptile, nothing to do with being snobby or pretentious. I'm not good enough? FT10 me in a major. You won't take a game lol you didn't even know what staggering strings or what yomi was 2 months ago. "Being able to trade with spit" you mean, making spit into balls comboable. Your previous sentence made no sense. You always had time to shoot a ball then armor or B3 on a jump. ALWAYS. This is day 1 stuff. How is having to respect a slow ass special after a -5 string a "game changer" I'm sure everyone is scared of getting hit with 7% when they can just punish you for 40%. I'm sure you think they're unreactable since you only play online. You use swipe and pounce cancels, when you should say cancel into swipe or pounce. You have no idea what you're saying lol.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Because you live in Monterrey, Mexico. You play online. I don't take anyone who only plays online seriously. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I know that Wound beats you most of the time. So that only really proves my point. Everyone knows you're not a high tier Reptile, nothing to do with being snobby or pretentious. I'm not good enough? FT10 me in a major. You won't take a game lol you didn't even know what staggering strings or what yomi was 2 months ago. "Being able to trade with spit" you mean, making spit into balls comboable. Your previous sentence made no sense. You always had time to shoot a ball then armor or B3 on a jump. ALWAYS. This is day 1 stuff. How is having to respect a slow ass special after a -5 string a "game changer" I'm sure everyone is scared of getting hit with 7% when they can just punish you for 40%. I'm sure you think they're unreactable since you only play online. You use swipe and pounce cancels, when you should say cancel into swipe or pounce. You have no idea what you're saying lol.
Haha I've played you before. You have this delusion where you think you're a good player. I wouldn't get a game? Lol I would beat you. Id be willing to money match you 200 dollars but we both know you'd bitch out because it's online and you use wifi which is why you're experience is shit. Yea I lost to wound more what's you point? He would blow you up..

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Jaja and you point out how I say cancels? You clearly knew what I' meant and you just sound like a jackass nitpcking. Also you clearly don't know shit about what I'm talking about when I meant trade. I meant that it does 8% damage and you can trade with fast projectiles now such as shinoks

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Spit, fbs, swipe and pounce didn't really change anything. You build .2 more meter. That's pretty much it. Pounce is still not a mix up. Spit nets you a little bit more damage but nothing match up changing. He had that damage prepatch when you were saying he was ass. FBs let you be safe on block, but they can still cross you up and full combo punish you for using them. They're still way too slow to be reliable. You have yet to see anyone master the match up because you don't play against anyone lol. I can't do nimble on anyones face anymore. Everyone knows you can armor through anything on nimble and punish me for using it. Everyone knows how to deal with force balls now. I have no idea who you're talking about when you say "anyone". Deceptive is definitely better because it closes his holes and gives you meta advantage for 1 bar. How am I crapping in this thread? I'm looking at your points and this is like someone figuring out day 1 Reptile for the first time, 6 months after saying he was crap.

I think Ofidyan, J360, Milky and Coach Steve are fantastic reptiles that I respect a lot. You know why? They use Reptile offline at a high level. They figured him out and use him effectively competitively, while you were crying on the forums without understanding why would anyone do 21 on block. You're salty because you whined and whined for months, even though it's painfully obvious it was you and not the character. I'm a big meany booboo
I was going to start labbing cancelling strings into EX Basilisk because I was under the impression that it gave more + frames than EX Invis. I guess not?

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Haha I've played you before. You have this delusion where you think you're a good player. I wouldn't get a game? Lol I would beat you. Id be willing to money match you 200 dollars but we both know you'd bitch out because it's online and you use wifi which is why you're experience is shit. Yea I lost to wound more what's you point? He would blow you up..
We both know you'd bitch out because you can only do it online. I use ethernet, Fios. You use what, megacable 1mbps? And that's the only thing you use? You don't even travel in your own city lol. 20 dollar buses too expensive for you. Come to KIT. Even that brazillian guy is coming. I'll do a 200 money match. I got a bunch of top 8s and top 16s in both Injustice and MK9. You have... a video of you barely beating MuffinMuggers online. Right.

My point with Wound is, you say you have a lot of experience on how swipe and pounce are a huge change. And then you say that your experience is just you losing most of the time. Not sure if you understand what that means.
Jaja and you point out how I say cancels? You clearly knew what I' meant and you just sound like a jackass nitpcking. Also you clearly don't know shit about what I'm talking about when I meant trade. I meant that it does 8% damage and you can trade with fast projectiles now such as shinoks
Yeah, and Subzeros... oh wait. But hey according to you doing 3% is a huge deal sure.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
We both know you'd bitch out because you can only do it online. I use ethernet, Fios. You use what, megacable 1mbps? And that's the only thing you use? You don't even travel in your own city lol. 20 dollar buses too expensive for you. Come to KIT. Even that brazillian guy is coming. I'll do a 200 money match. I got a bunch of top 8s and top 16s in both Injustice and MK9. You have... a video of you barely beating MuffinMuggers online. Right.

My point with Wound is, you say you have a lot of experience on how swipe and pounce are a huge change. And then you say that your experience is just you losing most of the time. Not sure if you understand what that means.

Yeah, and Subzeros... oh wait. But hey according to you doing 3% is a huge deal sure.
It's called having a job as a general manager and working 6 days a week nearly 60hours. And if you have such a good connection I'm sure it would be fine but because we know you'll hid behind the online excuse and not do the mm. I can post a video of my setup if you have any concerns about my internet. I have fiberoptic. It's the fastest internet available here. Lol do you actually think you would beat wound? What is your point? Because I lose to him my points are valid? If that's the case your points would be worth shit too

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
It's called having a job as a general manager and working 6 days a week nearly 60hours. And if you have such a good connection I'm sure it would be fine but because we know you'll hid behind the online excuse and not do the mm. I can post a video of my setup if you have any concerns about my internet. I have fiberoptic. It's the fastest internet available here. Lol do you actually think you would beat wound? What is your point? Because I lose to him my points are valid? If that's the case your points would be worth shit too
I work the same if not more than you. You want us to take you seriously but you're only playing online. Come to KIT and I'll do the money match. We can play online but only an idiot would put money on your Megacable 1mbps connection, so you could do elbow dash on block to elbow dash again as you used to in MK9 lol.

I said, you have no experience playing anyone, because they would blow you up for that. You said, "I do have experience, I play against Wound but I lose". Therefore, you're proving my point. How hard is it to understand?

Last edited:

TamedLizard

Buff George
I encourage this.

The more top 8 Reptiles I see at a major, the happier I'll be. Until that nerf bat comes a'swingin'.

As for the topic of the thread, I think Deceptive is better but Nimble is still great. Noxious has its perks too. Once you enhance the gas cloud and the opponent realizes the inbound unblockable damage (especially on a life lead or being close to closing out a round/match), frantic wakeups and negative specials galore.

I dunno. Maybe I need to take Nimble back into the lab again, but I just don't have as much fun with it as I do Deceptive. Nice combos though!

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I work the same if not more than you. You want us to take you seriously but you're only playing online. Come to KIT and I'll do the money match. We can play online but only an idiot would put money on your Megacable 1mbps connection, so you could do elbow dash on block to elbow dash again as you used to in MK9 lol.

I said, you have no experience playing anyone, because they would blow you up for that. You said, "I do have experience, I play against Wound but I lose". Therefore, you're proving my point. How hard is it to understand?
You keep saying that I have this horrible connection when I just told you I can even show you a video proving that it is actually excellent. You keep hiding behind this excuse that my connection is bad and why you won't accept the money match. And we both know I whooped your ass in both mk9 and injustice. You can blame lag or whatever you want but it doesn't change the fact you got your ass handed to you. Working 60 hours a week and only resting during the week will do that. I don't get vacation for another 7 months.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
You keep saying that I have this horrible connection when I just told you I can even show you a video proving that it is actually excellent. You keep hiding behind this excuse that my connection is bad and why you won't accept the money match. And we both know I whooped your ass in both mk9 and injustice. You can blame lag or whatever you want but it doesn't change the fact you got your ass handed to you. Working 60 hours a week and only resting during the week will do that. I don't get vacation for another 7 months.
First of all, I never played against you in MK9. It's cool that you have to make up stuff. Second, that one time you beat me in ranked in Injustice, you had a godawful connection using Sinestro vs Green Arrow, getting out of +28 frame traps like nothing. Right. I don't understand why you're so delusional. Even then, what guarantees me that you're actually gonna pay 3300 pesos to me? Use that money to come to KIT you scrub. I'll play against you online and we can record it and post it here. And yeah, shout outs to thinking being 2000 miles away you're gonna get a good connection. Man, you really aren't the brightest.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
First of all, I never played against you in MK9. It's cool that you have to make up stuff. Second, that one time you beat me in ranked in Injustice, you had a godawful connection using Sinestro vs Green Arrow, getting out of +28 frame traps like nothing. Right. I don't understand why you're so delusional. Even then, what guarantees me that you're actually gonna pay 3300 pesos to me? Use that money to come to KIT you scrub. I'll play against you online and we can record it and post it here. And yeah, shout outs to thinking being 2000 miles away you're gonna get a good connection. Man, you really aren't the brightest.
First off you might not remember but I did play you in mk9. Second off we played a set and I used mmh. Obviously it's not saying much that I beat you in that mu. Thirdly how do you expect me to travel with what I just told you.
Honestly I'm tired of arguing it's just a video game. Can you just let us continue the discussion in the thread. We get it, you don't like me and I don't like you. Let's just move on

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Deceptive is still the best. You get free advantage out of any string. You can whiff punish without even having to hitconfirm off a F21. You can interrupt stuff you couldn't before with invis into f4. Literally anything into invisible is safer than anything into nimble.
Good points.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
First off you might not remember but I did play you in mk9. Second off we played a set and I used mmh. Obviously it's not saying much that I beat you in that mu. Thirdly how do you expect me to travel with what I just told you.
Honestly I'm tired of arguing it's just a video game. Can you just let us continue the discussion in the thread. We get it, you don't like me and I don't like you. Let's just move on

Kit is in 4 months. If you wanna even be part of the convo, you have to show up. Until then I got 0 respect points for whatever dumb shit you say ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Good read, howeverI have to respectfully disagree on the damage part. My computer is dead so i haven't been able to upload the newer corner combos that i've come up with. Reptile hits 40-42% off of almost any launcher for one meter consistantly. With noxious shenanigans it reaches 48% with one meter, with the new buffs his damage has gone up universally and his corner carries on average do 33% meterless as opposed to the nimble average of 39% for 1 bar. I will just record the corner combos on my phone and post them up in a few minutes as to not have a backless post.

Updated**

Also conversion wise, Deceptive has much more options.

Nimble activates for 1 meter off of 43, b1d4, f412
Deceptive grants combos for 1 meter off of 43, b1d4, f412, f21, b3, f41, s4, 21 etc

Last edited:

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
You guys are arguing for nothing because everyone knows I AM the best reptile.

Now, that we got that out of the way, I do like the panic deceptive insues in people, and the fact you can armor through attacks while invisible (yes, you use a second bar unfortunately) but it's very fun to see people hit with everything they got and just bounce back in a combo, the look on their face is priceless.

However, using noxious is still much fun and effective, and there's nothing like leaving the guy with 5% and then just walking in him for 20 seconds while he tries to run away.

Also, personally I would never take into account anything (damage wise or setup wise) that starts with 34, that shit is like not going to land even on a gorilla chewing the controller.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Good read, howeverI have to respectfully disagree on the damage part. My computer is dead so i haven't been able to upload the newer corner combos that i've come up with. Reptile hits 40-42% off of almost any launcher for one meter consistantly. With noxious shenanigans it reaches 48% with one meter, with the new buffs his damage has gone up universally and his corner carries on average do 33% meterless as opposed to the nimble average of 39% for 1 bar. I will just record the corner combos on my phone and post them up in a few minutes as to not have a backless post.

Updated**

Deceptive grants combos for 1 meter off of 43, b1d4, f412, f21, b3, f41, s4, 21 etc
Lol don't forget, PS4 has built in recording. No need to worry that your computer is down.

That's a lot of damage. Even without the double slide stuff, the damage is up there. The extra conversions are good too. EX invis has a lot of extra utility now that it got buffed so much.

I think you could be right about Noxious being better than Nimble. Basilisk is very difficult to actually apply, even though its active properties, IMO, are better.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW

Updated**

That's badass had no idea you could do those combos! I still find the problem with noxious is that realistically I will be never be hitting people with a 34 combo. And you def could be right. Personally I think the extra 8% on top of the wall carry still makes it better. I also love how all of it is hit comfortable so it's impossible to waste meter with it.

But thanks for sharing. I just can't get these combos down consistanly enough ejth the double slide but I'm sure some other people will be able to

Hey man sorry I'm just now getting to read this. I didn't know I was tagged or I must've forgot. I see what your points are. I think Nimble is great, I need to use it more to be honest, at least before I speak too much on it. There are definitely going to be matchups where it is the best in my opinion. You can do great Nimble setups on characters that aren't good with their wakeup attacks. Plus Nimble pressure in basilisk mode is awesome. I was in the lab late last night looking over Reptile's options against War God Kotal because I forgot how to play against it (Alucard only uses Sun God on me now) and I found that Deceptive is very good in that matchup though! If Kotal does b14 into any of his sword options Invisibility blows it up, same with b122 into any of his sword options, gets lit up of course. Only using Reptiles meter for defensive situations like that is turning out to be pretty godlike and we knew it would be. It's really doing well against War God, and that's my point really. Certain variations might actually be better in certain matchups and I think it's just best to know them all and all be Reptile masters :)

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Nimble has absolutely everything reptile needs and more for every mu. Although I still think he has a some losing mu's, he now has an answer to everything.

Everything I'm about to talk about is not new at all but more of a summary of why reptile players should stick with nimble instead of deceptive.

Although I do think deceptive is very good in its own right, I believe reptile has enough mixups now to where ex invis cancels are not as necessary and also on the cancels on which his is actually plus (f412) he cannot confirm into much damage at all if he lands the hit.

The Main reason I believe nimble to be Better come Down to 3 things:
1. Corner carry
2. Damage
3. Hit conversions

Reptile in this variation has the best corner carry in the game and in the corner, reptile is a monster. Off a f412 mb ballistic, he can take them to the corner from anywhere on the screen and the same goes for b1d4 cancel.

One of reptiles main threats now imo is his b1d4 string. Although in its own right it should not be a mixup, I hits almost everyone for some very good damage. This is because the opponent has too many things to worry about and is also looking for the overhead in f41. Also reptile can stagger f41, b1, b1d4 strings ontop of his b2 and b3 50/50..
Off of this string he can also cancel into ballistic for some huge damage according to how close he is to the corner

So once reptile gets you in a combo and into the corner (and he will), now ontop of his insane mixups he has ridiculous damage to back it up

Also now since he can cancel f412 into swipe or pounce, f412 mb ballistic become much more viable on block since the opponent will always be looking out for the swipe cancels which leads to a whole new real if mixup possibilities.

Again all this I'm showing is now new so don't blow me up. Just trying to share what has gotten me great results these past couple of weeks
what MUs do you prefer nimble in vs deceptive and why?

I am listening

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I respect Nimble and have learned to enjoy it. However I still find Noxious to be a more fun variation. The freedom of use with my meter is a godsend when it comes to armor or just sfb or acid puddle setups. Not to mention doing funk on a knockdown running up and blocking for easy panic pressure is almost as good as deceptive. Plus on a simple read I can armor through their attack, keep my funk and do a combo that most likely will get me to the corner for more setups.

Honestly though for more experianced players/opponents deceptive is most likely the best pick.

i agree with the OP... Nimble is the best one imo... the "buff" doesn't make the other one better.. nor dose a "nurff" suddenly make something suck. I see that a lot on TYM, people completely changing mains and abandoning characters or variations based on minor buff or nurff changes. Nimble can do pretty much everything the other ones can and more, plus it is hype as fuck to watch and play. I tend to side on the OP on this onee.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
what MUs do you prefer nimble in vs deceptive and why?

I am listening
I feel like they are both just as good. And pretty much every mu they are equally as good on paper. But i have noticed that if the opponent does not have the mu 100% down, then nimble really shines.