What's new

Why Must We Listen To Our Opponent Over The Mic?

Netherrealm, please. Why is there not an option to mute our opponents? It’s bad enough idiots want to plug their mics in just to talk during the match, can there please be an option to mute them? I don’t understand why this simple function has not been added to the game.
i mean why not have a friendly talk or just make a party

Sazbak

Noob
Even though you can create a private party chat to mute the opponent it's still inelegant of NRS that you have to use this workaround.
By default the mic should be off and you should be able to change this setting if you want to.(or vice-versa)

Imagine if there was no Quit button in a game's main menu and when you complain about it people tell you
"omg dude just press ctrl+alt+delete, select task manager, and exit the process...jesus people stop being a crybaby and use your brain"
Yes this is a solution but it's inelegant/unprofessional from a game developer to not include a Quit option in the menu.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
Even though you can create a private party chat to mute the opponent it's still inelegant of NRS that you have to use this workaround.
By default the mic should be off and you should be able to change this setting if you want to.(or vice-versa)

Imagine if there was no Quit button in a game's main menu and when you complain about it people tell you
"omg dude just press ctrl+alt+delete, select task manager, and exit the process...jesus people stop being a crybaby and use your brain"
Yes this is a solution but it's inelegant/unprofessional from a game developer to not include a Quit option in the menu.
I'm mad you didn't just say ALT+F4. Like, genuinely bothered.

it's still weird that this option is missing. why do fighting games have so many problems with online play? i really don't get it. there is always something off. when i play starcraft 2 everything is perfect.

On Xbox Live I believe you can turn off in game voice chat from the dashboard. Sony lets dev's handle it in game and many do have mute options. As a game dev, I'm kinda pissed off that they didn't include the option considering how easy it is to implement. For now we have to make a private party, but lets make this conversation louder.