What's new

Question - A-List Why Johnny Cage is still an A-Lister

Epy69zSmallBoys

No respect for Kung Jin
I stick with NJP or I walk back and use f24
My main training partner uses Kung Jin and it feels like he's free to spam the NJ2 and I can't find an answer for it, sometime F3 works but then he just gets knocked down and I play the wake up game. His reach just kills me, I don't know how to combat it when F3 is the ONLY thing that is "fast" enough and will reach.

If I try to NJP KJ I will eat a combo every time.

I stick with NJP or I walk back and use f24
Which is what I do also but bait jumping isn't the same here like it is in street fighter, if you back dash a jump in and f24 a lot of the opponents can block, unless you are talking about taking them out of the air with it in general then that's a bit more iffy cause a lot of the time I find the 4 wiffs.

Neutral jump is ok but sometimes gets beaten out and or punished once the opponent catches on. I use jumping back 3 a lot

There being no standing 1 and 2 anti airs in this game kind of hurts it imo I know it's because there are different air properties this time around,but being anti aired into full combo by most characters kept me a hell of a lot more honest.

while I'm sure there are some characters who can still do this Johnny is not one of them and i die a little bit inside when I read a jump in and whatever I do to take care of it gets stuffed into full combo.

Jumping is a bit too powerful in this game much like in injustice.

Which is what I do also but bait jumping isn't the same here like it is in street fighter, if you back dash a jump in and f24 a lot of the opponents can block, unless you are talking about taking them out of the air with it in general then that's a bit more iffy cause a lot of the time I find the 4 wiffs.

Neutral jump is ok but sometimes gets beaten out and or punished once the opponent catches on. I use jumping back 3 a lot

There being no standing 1 and 2 anti airs in this game kind of hurts it imo I know it's because there are different air properties this time around,but being anti aired into full combo by most characters kept me a hell of a lot more honest.

while I'm sure there are some characters who can still do this Johnny is not one of them and i die a little bit inside when I read a jump in and whatever I do to take care of it gets stuffed into full combo.

Yeah his antiair options are definitely limited.

I thought this game had a trip guard system? Wasn't trip guard in Injustice?

Epy69zSmallBoys

No respect for Kung Jin

PREACH!!! I swear jump happy players=free wins from me. If I try to uppercut I get hit, If I try to stand 1 or 2 I get hit, if I try to D1 I get hit, the only things that I've found work 50% of the time is (only if you are far enough away) standing 4 into dashkick or DB1 (stuntdouble) but even those are risky if your timing isn't perfection. I mess around with Jax and I can uppercut jumping beans ALL DAY LONG, but with JC I just eat damage from jumpers, its really killing my game

PREACH!!! I swear jump happy players=free wins from me. If I try to uppercut I get hit, If I try to stand 1 or 2 I get hit, if I try to D1 I get hit, the only things that I've found work 50% of the time is (only if you are far enough away) standing 4 into dashkick or DB1 (stuntdouble) but even those are risky if your timing isn't perfection. I mess around with Jax and I can uppercut jumping beans ALL DAY LONG, but with JC I just eat damage from jumpers, its really killing my game
Jumping back 3 works pretty well cause it's 6 frames usually trades or wins but you are most likely not going to get a combo from it so they are going to continue jumping, his high fireballs work good though and if people get cross up happy after a knockdown I usually armor flip kick

XEVILCl0wnX

I'm in a near character crisis.
My main training partner uses Kung Jin and it feels like he's free to spam the NJ2 and I can't find an answer for it, sometime F3 works but then he just gets knocked down and I play the wake up game. His reach just kills me, I don't know how to combat it when F3 is the ONLY thing that is "fast" enough and will reach.

Have you tried Johnny's anti air fireball? It's usually how I punish happy njp Kung Jins.

NariTuba

disMember
Dont try to hit them out of the air, just D4 to lower your profile and hit them before they can get their string out. It works both for jump ins and crossovers.

Dont try to hit them out of the air, just D4 to lower your profile and hit them before they can get their string out. It works both for jump ins and crossovers.
Only on certain members of the cast, people with jumping ones like Shinnok and sub zero get me every time I d4.

Wrath0594

Steam profile: 76561198102032134

You said you're using Stunt Double, right? If you have a clone, forget the knockdown/wakeup game- f3 xx db1 and full combo his ass into a nutpunch.

If f3 doesn't come out fast enuf and hits their guard, you still have options. Clone db1 is slightly +, you can mimic cancel into a shadow kick, and ex np can be used after f34 as a frame trap. A-List can also combo off f3 with a run cancel. With fisticuffs you're worse off, but f3 nutpunch still puts you in a great spot.