What's new

Question - Tempest why isn't there a tempest guide?

omooba

fear the moobs
i ask because i fight cassie everyday and ex flip kills ex hat and normal flip can trade sooooo

you forgot xray for 10% chip and ofc divekicks after a blocked hatspin :DOGE
non mb hat spin into divekick it's not a thing unless it's lagging, 11212 into divekick maybe but only because you're expecting a hat spin after the string and scared to press a button.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
actually i believe cassies flip kick whiffs on certain strings. she'll armor through the hat spin but she won't actually connect...lol.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
What? This isn't true at all. Slayer plays Tempest Lao alot.
That doesnt make him a Kung Lao player, he just has a pocket Tempest, who doesnt these days? As far as Im concerned F0xy is the only Lao player. Hes been playing him since day 1 and its pretty easy to tell when you watch him play, he can actually make the character look interesting he plays them so naturally. Having a pocket Tempest and doing the same old shit everyone else does doesnt make you a Lao player. Slayer is a Jin player naturally with a pocket Lao.

That doesnt make him a Kung Lao player, he just has a pocket Tempest, who doesnt these days? As far as Im concerned F0xy is the only Lao player.....
Thanks alot, you've now forced me to acknowledge Perfect Legend.

Oh well, Evo is Evo.

Also, the fact that so many players have a pocket Lao is not something to ignore about the character. I remember Injustice it got to the point everyone and their mum had a pockquaman.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
So... the only way to be a Lao player is to be the absolute best Lao in the world?

I'm not a Kotal or Takeda player because other (many) players are better than me?

I'm not entirely sure that's how this works. I'm pretty sure anyone is an 'insert characters name here' player, if they, ya know, play that character. If Slayer plays Jin and has a pocket Lao, then he also plays Lao, and just because F0xy's Lao would beat his, it doesn't mean Slayer automatically ceases to possess any useful or interesting knowledge about the character.

I am a TERRIBLE player, but I can give functional advice on the characters that I know, you really dont have to be the best in the world,. or even main a character to the exclusion of others, to have relevant information to pass along.

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
You can armor through ANY hat spin, MB or not. Armor is your friend up against tempest Lao. People think his pressure is ridiculous but it can be broken through. Hate on him all you want, he still has some flaws.

coolwhip

Noob
You can armor through ANY hat spin, MB or not..
Not true. Please test things out before making such statements. And Lao can actually block after a b321~ex hat spin if the opponent armors, except against Cassie and Reptile. So yeah, he can block and punish. If you backdash, against many characters, he can also run forward and punish. Moreover, 112124~ex hat cannot be interrupted by armor or back dashed.

Last edited:

Doctor Rektangle

Think outside the Box
Every Kung Lao player I've ever met has been the biggest dick. The chodemaster. Professional tool. Rage quitter. Love to pad those stats online and run from all real challenges. Names like xXKushRollerXx and Swaggy_Scooped and Killendemhoez.

Are we implying these people would EVER help other people by writing a guide? Sometimes I wonder if most Lao players can even read.

Eat
Sleep
Wake up EX Spin
Repeat

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Not true. Please test things out before making such statements. And Lao can actually block after a b321~ex hat spin if the opponent armors, except against Cassie and Reptile. So yeah, he can block and punish. If you backdash, against many characters, he can also run forward and punish. Moreover, 112124~ex hat cannot be interrupted by armor or back dashed.
You can armor trough before the Ex orbitinig hat comes out in B321 into Ex orbitin hat, but not in 11212 into Ex orbiting hat. So do you mean Ex spin or Ex orbiting hat?

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
Weird because I clearly tested this before posting that statement, but ok.

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
Okay, I didn't test the 112124, so you're right. Either way, people should know when to use armor properly or not.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
his normal hat on some of those strings should be interruptible though. so if you see that hat spin comming feel free to armor on strings like b321. i'd reccomend attempting this when lao has little or no meter.