What's new

Why isnt ranked quits giving me wins?

Ever since the update ive been able to easily keep track of my wins and the ones rewarded in ranked. This is because they made the versus session stats show what streak you're on in ranked. So because of this new change I can actually notice that whenever my opponent quits it doesnt give me a win. Im not sure if it counts as loses for them or not but it is really frustrating when I am about to beat my opponent, they just quit and I dont get a win for it. I believe my opponents have noticed this aswell because I am getting rage quitters in ranked atleast 2 times more than before the update.

Heres just a rage quit that didnt reward me a win :/

Last edited:

Thingy

Retired account
This has been going on since MK9. If you turn off your console, disconnect ethernet cord, or even close the game app, you avoid taking a loss...and the person you play does not get a win. Its ridiculous, always has been, but either NRS does not give a shit or are too lazy to implement a system that gives the assholes who disconnect a loss. When one player loses connection, it should just act as if they went to the pause menu and quit. It does not matter if their net went out or whatever....a player should be held responsible for it.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
This has been going on since MK9. If you turn off your console, disconnect ethernet cord, or even close the game app, you avoid taking a loss...and the person you play does not get a win. Its ridiculous, always has been, but either NRS does not give a shit or are too lazy to implement a system that gives the assholes who disconnect a loss. When one player loses connection, it should just act as if they went to the pause menu and quit. It does not matter if their net went out or whatever....a player should be held responsible for it.
This would also help a lot for online tournaments. Already I've had multiple people pull the plug as they're about to lose the set.

TRVP6GXD

Noob
Im guessing nrs doesnt give a shit, and why should they? Why should they implement a tweak or what have you to stroke your online leaderboard ego? Is your online win loss ratio really that important? Do you get to tell your mom or someone "oh look mommy, ive got X wins and X losses, I think this deserves a nice, crisp ham and cheese hot pocket! Thank you mummy"

Lol, its a fucking game kid. A. Game.

Thingy

Retired account
Im guessing nrs doesnt give a shit, and why should they? Why should they implement a tweak or what have you to stroke your online leaderboard ego? Is your online win loss ratio really that important? Do you get to tell your mom or someone "oh look mommy, ive got X wins and X losses, I think this deserves a nice, crisp ham and cheese hot pocket! Thank you mummy"

Rage quitter indentified. Lol.

It would add credibility to their ranked system, thats why. the amount of interrupted games by little shits that can not take a loss is annoying. And the fact they can disconnect with no consequence encourges the epidemic of NRS games rage quitting.

Last edited:

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!

I understand for Ranked it might seem like a waste, but any sort of indicator to make it clear when someone intentionally disconnects would only benefit the game. Especially with online tournaments such a huge part of the scene now.

TRVP6GXD

Noob
I understand for Ranked it might seem like a waste, but any sort of indicator to make it clear when someone intentionally disconnects would only benefit the game. Especially with online tournaments such a huge part of the scene now.
I guess I can somewhat agree with that, I still find it menial tho. Idk, I dont find online tourneys relevant my self but, thats just me.

Thingy

Retired account
Tournaments should just issue a loss for any kind of disconnection. I have seen people disconnect in tournament and they are allowed to come back and restart the match...that should never happen.

TRVP6GXD

Noob
Rage quitter indentified. Lol.

It would add credibility to their ranked system, thats why. the amount of interupted games by little shits that can not take a loss is annoying. And the fact they can disconnect with no consequence encourges the epidemic of NRS games rage quitting.
Yeah...im a rage quitter...cuz im not all in on the idea of stroking some dweebs ego. Foh.

Thingy

Retired account
Yeah...im a rage quitter...cuz im not all in on the idea of stroking some dweebs ego. Foh.
But you are okay with bad losers being able to stroke their ego? What you are not understanding is that people have been rage quitting just so they can boost their stats.

Thingy

Retired account
the solution? more people need to quit, everywhere all the time :D
Hahah, maybe then they would remedy the ranked issue. I stopped playing ranked for the most part a while after Injustice 1 was out. There were so many leaderboard/stat whores who would quit that nearly all of my games either ended in losing or a rage quit. To this day I still avoid ranked because the amount of rage quitting for the sake of avoiding a loss is out of hand.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Just so I understand, does this happen only when the opponent RQ's during the match? I just got a Ranked match against a Batman player and I won, he RQ'ed when the announcer announced me as the winner I and I got the win for my win/loss record.

Just so I understand, does this happen only when the opponent RQ's during the match? I just got a Ranked match against a Batman player and I won, he RQ'ed when the announcer announced me as the winner I and I got the win for my win/loss record.
This is when they rage quit during the match. Usually when im up by a bar and a half of health or more

Thingy

Retired account
Once the announcer starts speaking it is too late for a rage quitter to avoid getting a loss. Had to do it before life bar runs out.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
There's only one option. NRS should implement the ignore list. This way the ignore list will prevent the matchmaking system to match you with the RQs.

Capcom did this for Tekken, so it should be a thing against those RQs.

The leaderboard is in the game for a reason you kno. Game developers dont add these things just for the heck of it. Its there to encourage players to come back to their game and keep playing and try to get higher on the leaderboard and compare their scores with their friends and competitors. Its like a free progression system that encourages players to want to come back. Sure you may not care about it but the devs should.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
The leaderboard is in the game for a reason you kno. Game developers dont add these things just for the heck of it. Its there to encourage players to come back to their game and keep playing and try to get higher on the leaderboard and compare their scores with their friends and competitors. Its like a free progression system that encourages players to want to come back. Sure you may not care about it but the devs should.
The problem is that the leaderboard isn't at fault. It's that because they found a workaround way to exploit it so that they will not get the loss streak.

DeftMonk

Noob

So I hope this isn't the general consensus of the situation. If it is wtf is wrong with people lol. Anyway this is pretty silly and I don't know why nrs hasn't implemented anything to deal with it...every other game just makes the D.C.-d player catch a loss.

Sfv didn't punish this at first and people went pretty bonkers so now obviously they have implemented something to deal with this. The fact that no one is really saying shit about this and lots of people talk about gear moves and set bonuses (outside of this site) kinda shows what kind of crowd plays this game sadly.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
If you lose a bar and disconnect for any reason it should count as a loss.

There should be a separate RQ/disconnecting Queue, so eventually RQers only play with other leavers, their stats even out cause, so they can't reach undeserved rank. Other games have implemented this.

But honestly the players aren't loud about this so I'm not sure it'll be looked at.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
I had no idea this was a issue. Now that i think about ive been raged quit out so many times mid match it makes me kinda salty that i dint get the wins for these games. WTF NRS seriously please fix this ASAP!!!!

Other games like margel vs capcom 3 gives you the win no matter what happens. This shouldn't be an issue in our game please fix soon !!!!!