What's new

Why is Zod top 5 ?

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
REO placed with MMH and eliminated the EVO champ along the way, and the 2 Zod's are in their living rooms. MMH def has a better resume than Zod in half the time.
lol wow you are seriously retarded

Yeah I'm just sitting in my living room not going to tournaments. It's not like I've gotten top 3 at 40 man tournaments while beating multiple Evo Top 8 players with him. Nope that must have never happened.

Northeast is definitely the best with their 13 man tournaments, yup. Those are the only tournaments that matter.

I'm glad we see eye to eye on this.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Sorry chef didnt go to Summer Jam which is the direct opposite corner of the United States just to prove Zod is good.

I can tell you just from playing pig in his "living room" which is apparently Reno's house now, that Zod is very good. Just because he hasnt performed at a major yet, when hes only been legal for 1 major and almost no zods if any were at the tournament, proves nothing.

Can we please stop trying to use tournament results to talk about characters? I hate that shit and its 10 times worse than the dumbest theorycrafting.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
I dunno, I've seen good Zod's tearing up various streams and non-major tournaments. That's some good results. Same for MMH by the by, though mostly streams for him. That Haz vs SoCal 5v5 a while ago was a decent indication a while ago. Chef was tearing it up and so was Citizen Snips.

Difficulty of use comes down to a few factors. First: what is the meta for the game? By taking this into account, you then have to look at X character and think to yourself 'Does the work I'd put into trying to learn this character outweight the success having this character would yield?'. There are lots of people who can win with tough to use characters because they put in the time to maximize their effectiveness. Xian and Gen come to mind a lot for me. But lets look at Injustice still. The meta in this game currently is centered around keepaway and dominating mid range with great normals: The best characters can do both very well. Supes, Black Adam, Green Lantern, Aquaman, etc. If you lack one or the other of these, you need to be able to compensate on some way. Batman has his trait, and Doomsday has his charge. Zod has his wraith. The above four best characters have a really low 'difficulty' curve, but rather than making them simple and predictable like most Doomsday players, top players use this low difficulty barrier to further refine their techniques and strengths. Compare this, however, to Batman, whose keepaway is lack luster and few of his moves dominate neutral. This means his 'difficulty' is higher than the big 4, but he makes up for this with an astounding trait and great mobility that gives him good rushdown. In batman's case, his difficulty is definitely worth the payoff. However, things had to be discovered by Batman and he has been proven to be a threat at tournaments. But Zod is in a very similar boat to Batman, only he doesn't have the benefit of time on his side. Effectively, the character has only been alive competitively for 2 months since he was banned at EVO, and then we entered the down season. People are starting to see how strong he is and we are all finding out how strong his tech is, such as his f2 d4 glitch/combo thing. They realize that the difficulty is definitely worth the payoff, but because of his rather young life and fairly limited tournament exposure, it leads to many people questioning the discoveries we've made, or at least the relevance of them.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Which NOBODY traveled to.
Dude jailhouse is a zod from that area and he didnt even go. If jailhouse had gone and got uber bodied then i could see a small point for argument considering Jailhouse usually does well up there. However, I didnt see a single Zod at Summer Jam so how can you argue that he didnt do well when he never had a chance. REO is a top player no question and he showed up with MMH. If he hadnt done as well the people on this forum would be calling MMH trash. ughhhh.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Dude jailhouse is a zod from that area and he didnt even go. If jailhouse had gone and got uber bodied then i could see a small point for argument considering Jailhouse usually does well up there. However, I didnt see a single Zod at Summer Jam so how can you argue that he didnt do well when he never had a chance. REO is a top player no question and he showed up with MMH. If he hadnt done as well the people on this forum would be calling MMH trash. ughhhh.
But nah man it's a Northeast tournament so that means it matters more than Evo probably did.

lol wow you are seriously retarded

Yeah I'm just sitting in my living room not going to tournaments. It's not like I've gotten top 3 at 40 man tournaments while beating multiple Evo Top 8 players with him. Nope that must have never happened.

Northeast is definitely the best with their 13 man tournaments, yup. Those are the only tournaments that matter.

I'm glad we see eye to eye on this.

Cept Summer Jam had 120 or so (just assumed 15 for 8 pools, after seeing a bye in a couple)

I've gotten top 8 at 40 man tournaments and I'm not screaming my character is the best or anything.

Just chill out and stop trying to insult people on the internet... it's not a good look.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
But nah man it's a Northeast tournament so that means it matters more than Evo probably did.
Imagine how the Atlanta guys felt before we started AKA. All people would talk about was NY/NJ and about WNF. I had to start writing basically college essays on our tournaments for people to care. It sucks that West Coast probably wont be represented well at TFC so be prepared to be called irrelevant without even being there.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Cept Summer Jam had 120 or so (just assumed 15 for 8 pools, after seeing a bye in a couple)

I've gotten top 8 at 40 man tournaments and I'm not screaming my character is the best or anything.

Just chill out and stop trying to insult people on the internet... it's not a good look.
you're the dumbass who thinks that the "zod players are sitting in their living rooms"

seriously I can't believe this guy

typical TYM retard

you're the dumbass who thinks that the "zod players are sitting in their living rooms"

seriously I can't believe this guy

typical TYM retard

If they're not at tournaments, where are they then? It's not my fault WC only has two big tournaments a year (3 if you count EVO).

How am I a dumbass for wanting to see some people doing well with the character?

What I've seen is that he's a very good character. I think "HEY Y'ALL TOP 5" is pushing it. That's it.

If he's THAT good, why aren't more players picking him up? Cuz he's hard? Gimme a break, no one in Injustice is that hard.

And seriously, quit it with the pejoratives. Just because we happen not to agree on something regarding a damn video game doesn't give you open season to hurl insults like a 15 year old who's been grounded.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

If he's THAT good, why aren't more players picking him up? Cuz he's hard? Gimme a break, no one in Injustice is that hard.
Because people pick up a character, go 'I'm gonna be good with this guy' then lose, then go 'Fuck it, Imma main Superman'. Even moreso when money is on the line

And seriously, quit it with the pejoratives. Just because we happen not to agree on something regarding a damn video game doesn't give you open season to hurl insults like a 15 year old who's been grounded.
This. And no, no bonus points for using 'pejoratives'

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Apparently that the Northeast (and EC in general) is probably the best region for Injustice overall?

REO placed with MMH and eliminated the EVO champ along the way, and the 2 Zod's are in their living rooms. MMH def has a better resume than Zod in half the time.

I don't discount that he's a good character. Just I wanna see him do well at a big tournament first.

Why is this so impossible for people to understand? It's a combination of theory and application that shows a character is good.
Lol

You're straight up coming off as a tool

Pig Of The Hut

@AKPigoftheHut

Except their are numerous C.Viper players putting in work @ majors and getting top 8's and winning.

Zero didn't win majors for a while either, mostly thanks to Chris G.

Anyway, I'm sorry that Pig hasn't been able to travel to any majors, but until he does, Zod will fovever be top 5 of Pig's living room.

Prove me wrong, sure, by all means. But you can't get all ruffled if people want results to back up your claims. MMH has done more in 1 month than Zod has in 2.

And to "ease of use" and tier lists...

Yes. You do not rank characters b/c they're easy or derpy. That's why Gief is not ranked high in SF4 and Wesker isn't top in UMVC3 (although people thought he was)

However, you can't assume 100% perfect play, because no one is perfect, and people mess up all the time. If people assumed perfect play, Strider would be #1 in MVC2 (or Dark Sakura). You would assume in KOF that people can do Iori and Beni infinites for free... And that Chun Li and El Fuerte can infinite of any clean hit... Or that P-Zangief can just parry everything and SPD in CvS2.

Thing is... they can't.

So you have to assume players are going to play in tournaments between (ideally) 85-95% efficiency. This takes the form of combo drops, unoptimized/easier combos, less than perfect spacing/setups, w/e. If a character can still be effective when played at that level (or doesn't even need it), that's good. If they lose for free if they drop 1 thing (i.e. SF4 Seth with low health), then that's really bad.

If the "reason why X character is good" occurs in that 85-100% efficiency zone (i.e. 1f links, extremely hard infinites, easy mistake inputs etc) , you have serious problems w/ the character in how practical it is to win with them. And you have to rank them accordingly.
Strider in MvC2 was GDLK... until that Wall Climb happened instead of teleport and he died.

That's the difference between theory fighter and real, honest results.

Game is still new and people need time to flesh out and perfect characters, certainly.

Another wrench is that you also have to calculate what players are severely outperforming their characters *cough*ChrisG*cough* and go from there. If only one player is doing well with a character, you have to wonder if they are an outlier as opposed to the norm.

Anywho, next major you go to: MM or play Rico, REO, Riyo, ForeverKing, Khaotik, KDZ. Go over .500 , then you may have a point. :)
Before SJ ZOD won more locals than MMH

Anyone taking your word from an unproven FGC player vs mine is their choice

I base tiers on MU charts and tools

Pig Of The Hut

If they're not at tournaments, where are they then? It's not my fault WC only has two big tournaments a year (3 if you count EVO).

How am I a dumbass for wanting to see some people doing well with the character?

What I've seen is that he's a very good character. I think "HEY Y'ALL TOP 5" is pushing it. That's it.

So dumbass,

Let me ask u this. When Kenshi wasn't making top 8s before I picked him up was he at that time not as good ? So when I made top 8 he magically became top 5? *****fucking stupid logic ******

See my point? I told everyone oct 2011, delivered in feb '12

All the smart people listened and all the dumb added were shamed for two straight years of making top 8 at 15 consecutive majors for 2 years

If I were u I'd listen to the guy whose proven not yourself who gets dumber by the post

Guys, please be respectful in these discussions and arguments. Insulting does not help any of your points.

Enlighten others to the ignornace you percieve them to have, but do it in a mature fashion.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Ill believe it when I see it.

I hope I do see it because from the Zod's I have played he seems like he would be a fun character to watch.

People didnt say anything about MMH until REO beat KDZ at SJ. I feel sure Pig will cause some upsets at TFC or wherever he goes next. (And Jailhouse and Chef etc.)

Colonel-Gilgamesh

I'll be honest: I really think the only reason people don't think Zod is top 5 is because he's not one of the top 5, who are in a class of their own really.

XBlades

To Achieve, You must Believe
So dumbass,

Let me ask u this. When Kenshi wasn't making top 8s before I picked him up was he at that time not as good ? So when I made top 8 he magically became top 5? *****fucking stupid logic ******

See my point? I told everyone oct 2011, delivered in feb '12

All the smart people listened and all the dumb added were shamed for two straight years of making top 8 at 15 consecutive majors for 2 years

If I were u I'd listen to the guy whose proven not yourself who gets dumber by the post
^^ I approve of this.. he has my vote

Pig Of The Hut

Guys, please be respectful in these discussions and arguments. Insulting does not help any of your points.

Enlighten others to the ignornace you percieve them to have, but do it in a mature fashion.
Well I listed his tools

His response "but u haven't traveled "

What a moron

EGP Wonder_Chef
Well I listed his tools
His response "but u haven't traveled "
What a moron
There are peaceful ways to settle things like this. Flat-out disrespect is not one of them.
Just agree to disagree and be done with this argument with RenegadeVA. If he decides to hound you about giving up, then action can be taken against him. Things can be worked out without destructive behavior.