What's new

Question Why Is Zatanna Bottom 2?

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Zatanna is a bottom character.

Injustice is a game where balance is pretty good.
Deg is a Zatanna player who is amazing.

Deg is beating people up with a BOTTOM character because Deg is a great player, while playing a game that is pretty well balanced.

Why can't people accept the fact that just because they lose to a character, that that character is automatically mid tier.
Zatanna is incredibly difficult to win with, and I give Deg mad props. I still play her because she has fishnet leggings and a glowing wand, but the fact of the matter is she's bottom 5.
I am being 100% serious and honest right now.

This isn't MK.
If a "Jade" or "Kano" were in Injustice balanced game, they'd be getting wins in too.
Unless you really are trolling, I totally second this. As a Frost player, Zatanna is complete and utter shit. Yeah DEG is good...so? Mr. Mileena is good...so? This doesn't make ZATANNA good. She's just a flashy character that can build meter and moves around a lot. In terms of the meta/neutral game...LOL bitch please. She's all ~smoke and mirrors~....

deg222

Best Zatanna that uses Aquaman
Shit man, now everyone's seeing how i got bodied, fu you guys i beat him and didn't know the matchup at all because all other zatannas are free.

I still have nightmares.
See this is a good thing, everyone will think that you suck and when you do play them, you'll body them for free :p

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
See this is a good thing, everyone will think that you suck and when you do play them, you'll body them for free :p
Hehe nobody likes playing vs GL though except you ;p. Don't worry I've downloaded some stuff from those matches I know some do's and don'ts now for next time we play :)

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
How does GL lose to Zatanna? I don't see it, but I'm not saying GL wins either. Please explain.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
How does GL lose to Zatanna? I don't see it, but I'm not saying GL wins either. Please explain.
In my opinion GL loses for the following reasons.

1. Mobility, Zatanna can easily get away with her teleports, you can bait lift but if she blocks it she can teleport again and she's out of your reach, GL has to be careful going in because of his bad dash recovery he can get caught by her puppet master special, he has to chase her a lot during the match she also builds meter like it's nothing to make everything safe.

2. GL loses air rockets from mid-full screen as zatanna can direct her discs as she wishes and change directions halfway through. Standing rockets must be carefully thrown because of teleport and puppet master.

3. GL loses his MB Lift mixup, his turbine mix up and other things that give him that comeback material to zatanna's wake up teleport. At a high level it will be about guessing where zatanna will wake up teleport too and try to punish that. It's really tough to make a comeback for this reason. GL loses his b13 close standing rocket frame trap because she can f3 through it without using meter!

So basically GL loses a lot of his tools on this matchup and has to play her game, he also loses alot of his mixups that give him that comeback material, get's outzoned and can be punished full screen, has to deal with her vortex and has to be careful applying pressure. It's winnable but def in her favor

deg222

Best Zatanna that uses Aquaman
Because GL's mobility is terrible and Zatanna can take advantage of that. GL being fullscreen is a nightmare and he has to take risky guesses to get in. Also at fullscreen, Zatanna can pop wand stance easier and can get more meter which leads into more MB ring tosses.

GL just needs to make the most of both the start of the match and when he's able to get at sweep distance again.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Watching Deg vs Orochi...yeah, I might just hate playing vs Zatanna.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
She is the only character I have no matchup experience against right now. If I play a good zatanna. I just might get bopped and mopped away

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Zatanna is a solid character like a lot of the cast in this game.
Her being a bottom character makes no sense.
But a lot players on tym just don't make sense sometimes.
You know what im sayin?
Why doesn't it make sense? There are always bottom characters, that doesn't mean they're a BAD character.

Mr. Mil bodies me with her though so I think she's top 5 :)

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Zatanna, Smoke, and Reptile walk into a bar . . .

1 imaginary internet dollar to whoever has the best ending to this joke.
Zatanna, Smoke, and Reptile walk into a bar . . .
Drams of whiskey are quaffed, pleasantries are exchanged.
Fifteen minutes later they see Sektor come out of the bathroom and all duck under their stools.
Bartender turns to Sektor who has a wry grin on his face and asks, "what are they doing?"
Sektor retorts, "downplaying."

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Why doesn't it make sense? There are always bottom characters, that doesn't mean they're a BAD character.

Mr. Mil bodies me with her though so I think she's top 5 :)
I know there are bottom chars but it just isn't her. I will not agree with that logic. At least there is no sheeva in this game. Everybody can do something if they get their game going.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I know there are bottom chars but it just isn't her. I will not agree with that logic. At least there is no sheeva in this game. Everybody can do something if they get their game going.
Yeah, definitely. I play a lot of low tiers but aside from a few match ups they can still keep up pretty easily. I really like that especially since I used to play Noob. :p

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I've always been flabbergasted by some member's inability to detect a good character from a bad one. Personally I just look at tools and I know if a character sucks or not.

This reminds me of people saying Seth was bad because he had low health despite having all the tools in the world and insane mobility. Or that Sadira in KI3 will be average or not that good because she has a weak ground game and some characters can AA her for 2%. It's like people are stupid or something.

I have a hard time believing Zatanna sucks and could be bottom 3. It's more likely that the players using her are bad and haven't explored her enough.
THANK you

#sethneedsbuffs #usf4

As things stand, I still believe Zatanna is a bottom 10 character, though probably not quite bottom 5. Her normals are some of the worst in the game, her regular teleports are easy to punish if used against skilled opponents, and she needs meter to do... anything, really.

That said, I fully acknowledge that Zatanna is a character with lots of potential. MB teleport could, in theory, be the best move in the game - if someone was able to utilise it correctly, they could punish ANY whiff from ANYWHERE on screen with a combo. Her trait, against certain match-ups, could theoretically be super OP if she was able to use the teleport correctly.

But that's all guesswork as things stand. So for the moment, I'm inclined to think she's somewhere between 6th worst and 8th worst in the game.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
It's ok deg you'll just go to another major and place top eight using a bottom 2 character because you are just good...

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
The problem is people are still holding IGAU to an MK standard.

The bottom 5 in this game is not the same as the bottom 5 in MK.

Being bottoms in MK was a death sentence simply by virtue of its top 5, let alone the characters' own viability or lack thereof, ala Kano's general shittiness, Sheeva's size, CSZ's complete lack of safety, etc., that gave them problems against the ENTIRE cast.

The only character in this game, IMO, that's still unfairly sub-par is the Joker. And he's STILL good in his own respects.
Bottom 5/10/a billion in Injustice is nowhere near as black and white a case of "Don't even bother sticking with so and so" as it was with MK9, especially after the last patch. Everyone is potentially viable, especially if you happen to cross an opponent who takes your character lightly, as too many seem to be doing with Zatanna, who being the last DLC and heavily untouched by the community at large, is probably THE most unexplored character in the game right now.

Bottom doesn't matter anymore. At least not in the sense of being able to somewhat disregard characters just because they APPEAR to be easy to overrun.
As the man Tom Brady preaches, your job as a competitive player is to know your opponent's character(s) better than they know yours, no matter how seemingly weak or low tier.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Shit man, now everyone's seeing how i got bodied, fu you guys i beat him and didn't know the matchup at all because all other zatannas are free.

I still have nightmares.
Another Believer in the books
Whose next?

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
The problem is people are still holding IGAU to an MK standard.

The bottom 5 in this game is not the same as the bottom 5 in MK.
Let me tell you, this is far from being MK-exclusive. I've seen lots of people in other communities and other games get worked up over tier lists, when in reality they may actually be rather tight. As it stands, Injustice effectively has a sliver of the game that's top tier, only two characters that really comprise the bottom tier, with everyone else squished in the middle.

Who knows? Zatanna might well be a "bottom 10" character, but that doesn't mean she's worthless. She's still yet very untested, like pretty much all the DLC charcters minus Batgirl. Almost every character in this game is very competitive, and the thing that holds a lot of people in mid-tier is their random handful of shitty matchups. Even after the October 1 patch, the top tier is more defined by their completeness and efficacy across all of their matches, rather than how hard they might blow out other members of the cast.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I haven't played many Zatannas but from my experience with them she feels weak, but maybe she just needs a lot of work. She's definitely a deep character so I don't think we have any idea right now. I wouldn't say they're downplaying as much as they haven't discovered everything yet. So yeah. We'll see.
I'd say it's more this right here. Basically it's:

- One part lack of knowledge/time exploring the character because she's setup based.
- One part not giving a shit enough about the character to attract vocal top-level players.
- One part misinformation / biased opinion (no offense Mr. Mil)

= the current state of the Zatanna sub-forums.

Sad man, sad. It'd help if we had a forum Mod to sort through some of the nonsense.