What's new

Question - War God Why is War God so good?

Buiu

Woot
i used to play war god a lot againts good jcs here in my local @rafaw @Killer Xinok @Vini_Strife.

and i have to say that

first:

f3 punish very well the low or the overhead sword for a juicy combo. the mid safe follow-up is easy to react using ex nutpunch (26 frames startup)

like pnut said, Jc d4 can low profile any kotals jump-in HARD, even the mighty b1 can be low profiled!

and for me the ex np is the special that unbalances the match. You cant easily AA any Kotals jump in using it.

when kotal use the b14 againts jc its DEAD because:

you can ex np EVERYTIME, theres no mind game, even if he just b14 and wait, u will punish. its beats even the ex-overhead sword follow-up.

sometimes when war god uses the 114 airgrab or the sword toss(all the + strings or followup) use the exnp to make him respect you

im not downplaying, but this this MU is even at best. or jc favor

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
For those JC stuff, I want to add this:

You will N-E-V-E-R punish anything wargod does with f3. The fact that you can pull that frame link in practice is irrelevant, you will NEVER be able to do it in an actual match or tournament, and you will LOSE. EVER.
Bla bla frame data "it's easy i can pull it off" yea sure, you can, but you will NEVER pull it off against anyone in any tournament held in a tent in the forest with acorns as the prize money. Nobody did and nobody will ever do it. And unless you have a video of it proven in an actual match, whatever you say is irrelevant.

E-V-E-R.

thlityoursloat

kick kick

You will N-E-V-E-R punish anything wargod does with f3. The fact that you can pull that frame link in practice is irrelevant, you will NEVER be able to do it in an actual match or tournament, and you will LOSE. EVER.
Bla bla frame data "it's easy i can pull it off" yea sure, you can, but you will NEVER pull it off against anyone in any tournament held in a tent in the forest with acorns as the prize money. Nobody did and nobody will ever do it. And unless you have a video of it proven in an actual match, whatever you say is irrelevant.

E-V-E-R.
The low from point black is KIND OF possible, but the overhead lmao forget it. It pushes you back way out of F3 range. -19 my ass.
Lol and btw, JC's s1 doesn't punish ex retarded launcher, it can at times but you have to be on the perfect frame. Many neutral normals whiff when trying to punish ex retarded launcher, I know Goro's 9f b1 does too.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati

E-V-E-R.
I played Dizzy 4 months ago and he did it fine. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean it's not possible.

E

Eldriken

Is Cage's f3 his knee? If so, Theo punished me every single time with it if he blocked the OH or low when we played. I wasn't pressing buttons afterwards either. I was holding block. >_>

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
It works when he does it point blank, but when he does his fists string into it(dunno which one) on block it pushes you so far out f3 does not reach.
Point blank yea, he gets punished, but then again, most kotals I played I was out of range and whiffed the f3 in front of him and got destroyed, so i had to get a guaranteed shadow kick instead.

Wigy

There it is...
It works when he does it point blank, but when he does his fists string into it(dunno which one) on block it pushes you so far out f3 does not reach.
Point blank yea, he gets punished, but then again, most kotals I played I was out of range and whiffed the f3 in front of him and got destroyed, so i had to get a guaranteed shadow kick instead.
Overhead is a semi reliable punish. The blockstun is still stupid AF and you basically have to guess if hes done the mid or oh sword to get the punish in on time.

Its a stupid part of his game and shouldnt be there, should change the blockstun or make it vaguely more punishable.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Shaolin can backdash b14 overhead sword and punish with b12 and off the b14 low sword you have to backdash a little later and can punish with b21

Buiu

Woot

E-V-E-R.

f3 is reliable punish, trust me

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Agreed. I feel like he's very unique. He's like a Tekken character from a technical standpoint.

Everyone used to think he was hard to play, but once they realized they needed the pad or stick to go neutral between some parts, execution became more inclusive.

War God has an answer for everything. He's not brain-dead or in any way overpowered, but there is no figuring out a great War God. You've just got to keep thinking and keep evolving.

Sun and Blood God are a lot of fun to play, but they can be zoned out. Couple the right character with the right strategy and you can beat these variations consistently - even if the player is great - pretty much on auto-pilot. Once you figure out what to do, there is really nothing SG or BG can do to get through.

SG and BG are like GM - great counter-picks, but you can't match-up well enough with every character with them to just pick them as mains and win tournaments. They're best used as pocket characters in tournaments.

Holy shit we agreed again!

Reactions: GAV

dark55

Noob
kotal has been good since the beginning of the game. Idk why people are suddenly on this kotal train. Kotal is one of the more honest characters in the game hence why he is not a top 10 character. Don't worry though he will get nerfs for no reason at the end of the month bc people don't know how to balance games.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
kotal has been good since the beginning of the game. Idk why people are suddenly on this kotal train. Kotal is one of the more honest characters in the game hence why he is not a top 10 character. Don't worry though he will get nerfs for no reason at the end of the month bc people don't know how to balance games.
War God exemplifies everything that's wrong with the variation system. He gains too much and loses too little (lol just the parry big fucking deal). I don't disagree that Kotal is honest though, I play BG myself and I love it.

dark55

Noob
War God exemplifies everything that's wrong with the variation system. He gains too much and loses too little (lol just the parry big fucking deal). I don't disagree that Kotal is honest though, I play BG myself and I love it.
he is high risk high reward. war god is definitely the better of the 3 variations but that is a reach to say he exemplifies what is wrong with variations. Compared to the bullshit in mkx war god doesnt compete. Not to mention when was the last time you seen a wargod main in top 8? oh right they don't exist bc war god kotal actual has to play the game. war god has dumb stuff....every character has some "broken" stuff about them but his "broken" stuff isn't as good as other peoples "broken" stuff.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Oh an 8% 60 frame move. That's cool
Its faster than the disc and ground shots following every HQT wants to sit behind. If they want to ground shot without it, then cool...

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
The real answer to the thread question would be simply "people don't understand the MU"

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!

E-V-E-R.
The low from point black is KIND OF possible, but the overhead lmao forget it. It pushes you back way out of F3 range. -19 my ass.
Lol and btw, JC's s1 doesn't punish ex (soap bar in my mouth) launcher, it can at times but you have to be on the perfect frame. Many neutral normals whiff when trying to punish ex (soap bar in my mouth) launcher, I know Goro's 9f b1 does too.
Overhead is a semi reliable punish. The blockstun is still stupid AF and you basically have to guess if hes done the mid or oh sword to get the punish in on time.

Its a stupid part of his game and shouldnt be there, should change the blockstun or make it vaguely more punishable.
I punish them with Scorpion's F3 fairly consistently which is inferior to Johnny's F3 by almost every metric thinkable. Stop playing online fuckbois.