What's new

Why is there so much QoL missing?

okhuskerfan

PSN: B1G-Husker
If after a set I go down and select "Find new opponent", and my opponent leaves the menu, you do not have to stop to tell me that they left, and then ask me again if I want to find another opponent
Yes! For fucks sake. So damn annoying. Also, put the fucking 'Next Match' button above 'Friendly Rematch' like wtf. Let me get on with my next fight, don't make me accidentally click rematch with some 149ms random wifi smoke/raiden mofo.

I don't understand why things like "downloading Calendar" (what is that about?) and "Updating TweakVar data" need to be updated every single time you go back to the menu. Surely once per session is enough?

Also why have the notification front and centre? Put that shit in the bottom right corner... and if there's an issue then you put it in a box that you can't miss.

Small stuff compared to most of the other things mentioned but while we're complaining, just something that's bothered me since forever...

subzert

Frozen Soul
So I was just playing single player towers mode with Nitara and I was kicked out to the menu as my internet had disconnected. Due to some protest and such, the fiber line was cut and internet was down for almost 3 hours. I could get back to towers and so but I wouldn't even progress character mastery. This is so frustrating. Would appreciate if they kept the single player stuff available offline too.

Dont know if this can be considered qol but ever since mk 11 it was annoying to me that when playing offline modes like toweres and such the characters you fight had randomized customization applied,its the same here and i really dislike that.I dont want to see yellow and brown pallett kitana or a red sub zero it just looks off,if only there was an option to force default customization/default colors for towers or even online.

The majority of the skin paletts just have zero value to me because of the whacky colors,and they seem to always gatekeep the proper pallate to make it hard to get,its really anoying,i feel like the default correct palatte for the character should unlock automatically once you unlock a new skin no matter what shader you received of it.

Due to poor initial reception after its big reveal, Suicide Squad got delayed to next year. WB Ceo Zaslav was the one who officially spilled the beans in a conference call that MK1 was coming and was coming this year.

With all of these issues like Player 1 Advantage, No Tagging for moves/strings and no Kustom Lobbies... I would not be shocked if MK1 got pushed forward sooner than planned to give WB something to release in the fall.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Due to poor initial reception after its big reveal, Suicide Squad got delayed to next year. WB Ceo Zaslav was the one who officially spilled the beans in a conference call that MK1 was coming and was coming this year.

With all of these issues like Player 1 Advantage, No Tagging for moves/strings and no Kustom Lobbies... I would not be shocked if MK1 got pushed forward sooner than planned to give WB something to release in the fall.
That theory tracks. I like NRS a lot despite everything, I think they really seem to love MK and want to make the best game possible, and iv enjoyed all of their games even if not everyone was my particular preferred game, I can’t deny the quality and value offered. WB is honestly the most dogshit publisher out there, Gotham Knights was garbage and buggy, MK1 could very well have been shat out early and that seems to be the case, and Suicide Squad looks like absolute slop especially compared to the Batman games.

Space Cadet

They shot our face, Johnny. They shot. Our FACE.

Yeah, I honestly don't think the game was ready or coming out this year originally. I'd suspect at earliest, springtime of 2024, given that's their normal release window. With WB having all it's issues in the past year, I would not be surprised in the slightest if they were like "We need more profit with Suicide Squad being delayed, so we need this game out now.". It would explain the missing features, multiple bugs, and the fact that Quan and Ermac are sitting out of the base roster.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
  1. Combine the Character and Kameo customization menus. There's no reason to need to back out to the main menu to go into a separate menu for these.
  2. Finishing watching a replay should return you to the player's kombat kard.
  3. I doubt they'll add it, but being able to queue for any form of online while in training is a major QoL addition that should be in all fighting games imo.
  4. Let us pin moves to the screen from the movelist
  5. Add the ability to press a button to see your own kombat league stats from the leaderboard instead of needing to find yourself in the list or back out of online to go to your profile menu.
  6. Why are future mastery unlocks not visible on characters' mastery progression lines? This is extremely weird.
  7. Move "Find Next Opponent" to the top of the list in kombat league after a set. We had this same issue in MK11 and it was fixed there so I'm confused why this annoying issue was repeated l
  8. Remove the "Your opponent has left the session" popup after the end of a kombat league set. We're both trying to queue or go to menu. Neither of us care that the other has left when the set is done.
  9. Increase the talisman inventory space, buff talismans + lower their drop rate, or add an option to automatically remove the lowest level talisman from your inventory (that's not equipped) when a new one is obtained.
  10. Add an option to let PC players tab out of the game without it pausing.
  11. Increase the jogging speed of your character between nodes in Invasions
  12. Fix the movelist inaccuracies
  13. Add an audio feedback option for when a kameo is called but is not currently available
  14. Fix the P1 Advantage issue
  15. Add the option to dump more than 1 set of coins into the Shrine at a time for multiple rewards at once. That, or drastically increase the animation speed of the dragon

Last edited:
So I was just playing single player towers mode with Nitara and I was kicked out to the menu as my internet had disconnected. Due to some protest and such, the fiber line was cut and internet was down for almost 3 hours. I could get back to towers and so but I wouldn't even progress character mastery. This is so frustrating. Would appreciate if they kept the single player stuff available offline too.
Invasions Towers or Klassic Towers?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Spooky is your source? As in Victor? That Spooky? Hahaha oh man.

Personally for me, having played both on the same setup, same internet, same everything, I found my experience in SF6 to be way better online overall. Don't know where the fuck this "best net code in entire FGC is" but it certainly isn't in my copy of MK1.
i haven't found(me some many others) a single online match since early access days until now, meanwhile in SF6, i sit my ass and i get a matchmaking every 30 seconds

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I feel bad for whoever wasted their time typing that up. NRS knows what we want, they want it too, but the game was released a minimum of 6 months early, perhaps in march we will have what the proper launch version of MK1 would have been. No worries though all you guys who bought their $10 Scorpion skin can fund the rest of development.

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Starting to build the ultimate love/hate with this game.

When the match against a good opponent is on point, you're playing possibly the best NRS fighting game they've ever made. Balance updates will happen in the future so no big deal. The fighting itself is as good as it gets, especially considering the diversity of the fighting is more streamlined. Pretty amazing to have pulled that off.

But when you're doing literally anything else outside of the actual fighting match itself, man it's just inexcusable, at best. I don't even believe some of these mentions are "QOL" at all. They are what a modern FG should have in it period. It's super frustrating because you see how good it is, while how bad it fails, at the same time.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Starting to build the ultimate love/hate with this game.

When the match against a good opponent is on point, you're playing possibly the best NRS fighting game they've ever made. Balance updates will happen in the future so no big deal. The fighting itself is as good as it gets, especially considering the diversity of the fighting is more streamlined. Pretty amazing to have pulled that off.

But when you're doing literally anything else outside of the actual fighting match itself, man it's just inexcusable, at best. I don't even believe some of these mentions are "QOL" at all. They are what a modern FG should have in it period. It's super frustrating because you see how good it is, while how bad it fails, at the same time.
It's giving me Guilty Gear Strive in the same way. In a match actively playing? Time of your LIFE. Interacting with literally any other part of the game? Heh, good fuckin luck. Thankfully don't have to strongarm the game to let you into a match the same as GGS, but it's giving similar feelings overall.

The level of barebones for content, QoL, UX, and design is.. honestly super shocking considering this was supposedly in the oven for 4+ years. Can't help but wonder what on earth happened behind closed doors.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I'm sure a great deal. So many triple A games launch with major issues today. Thus far, Mortal Kombat 1 has been one of the better ones from my perspective.
Dude Ubisoft, one of the shittiest triple A developers launched AC Mirage in a good state and Bethesda of all people released Starfield decently well too. Other than like Halo Infinite, what other actual good games released in a state as barebones as MK1 recently? I don’t play a lot of games so I’m asking genuinely