What's new

Question Why is Raiden Bad?

Biggs

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Raiden is kind of hard to describe. He is a gimmick. He lacks substantial mixup. He relies heavily on generally unsafe things to win. He is played very lame which causes people to become frustrated and make mistakes. If you don't play his game you win

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Raiden is amazing. kombos such as 3341db21df222b4 into f24 keep opponents guessing when to hold block or not. Do air bf3 into teleport as you land to get a loop going. Raiden is my 2nd main.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
People think Raiden is bad because after 2 and a half years it was deemed by TYM that everything had been found in Mk 9, it wasn't worth playing anymore and was dropped like a bad habit for Injustice.

Truth is no one will ever know how good or bad Raiden is because the evolution of the game stagnated after 2.5 years.

smh

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I feel he was the definition of an average joe and pretty much just went 5-5 with everybody with the odd 6-4 or 4-6 here and there.

I'm not sold on the size of his hitbox being a talking point either, when I first started investigating Kenshi, I heard this, that and the other about how he also struggles up close because he has the biggest crouching hitbox in the game, and honestly, he really doesn't. At least not in the context that goes around.

With all that said, I do believe he's in that massive pool of "could be top 10" characters, but it's still subjective to what you value in your tier list.

I agree with sine if the things you said however, shocker isn't made for aa. Standing 1 it's perfectly fine as an aa being 9 frames. Ex shocker and superman both have armor. He does have hitbox issues but he also has good walkspeed, backdash and his teleport. Great counter zoning, whiff punishing, and wall carry.
Range of AA > Speed of AA.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I managed to AA with shocker everytime i recognize an oportunity to do so, tho that i accept that is not the king of AA you will use once the opponent passes the zone where raiden's hands wouldn't reach. Ex Shocker is even more accurate because it can absorb the hit, and grab the opponent before such individual be able to block.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I thought f2 was Raiden's best anti-air. It also allows for a combo if you are on point.
f2 isn't fastet thing out there and it hits pretty low, isn't it?
I myself usually used 1~shocker, but I admit that it's probably stuffable with jik and it's not that I know what I'm doing so...
It was funny when I managed to snatch Mileena out of her teleport with naked shocker. It was by accident though, not sure if that's viable.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
That is correct but I myself found it very useful, along w jk~superman and tele. I'm sure you understand that he has different options to deal w situations.
I know, it's just the way you described it in your earlier post, it sounded like you were saying that standing 1 having 9 frame start-up was the reason why it's a good AA. Obviously the line should be drawn if something has like 67 frame start-up lol, but it's certainly not the first, nor the only thing you should consider when AA'ing.