What's new

Question Why is Raiden Bad?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I see a lot if ppl giving Shit to Rayden, but his move set seems to be entirely for turtle, why ppl says raiden Sucks?

I was giving a exploration on his tools, and he seemed fine to me.
Shocker can be used to AA, And the ex Version even as armor, to make sure it gives him a full combo.
His teleport works more like the Skarlet Downslash, you have to be pretty sure when to use it, and its only to escape attacks in the game. Even when you can't punish some of the fastest recoveries from the opponents, leaves you room to outspacing characters and whiff punish with B3 or anything else, they decide to come up in reaction, or even tele away again.

I understand his strings are interruptibles, which is the common main flaw against a very few characters only, however interrupting a well experienced Raiden its a total guess, since he can bait into other stuffs.

You can't even jump in on raiden unless you're Kabal or Kitana, his superman move can anti-air ppl on the jump in at any range of the screen lol.

Has a good and acceptable damage, and his dashes are close similar to Johnny Cage's.

I can see raiden getting real close to a top 10 character besides his hitbox, a well conserved raiden will hardly be touched.

Why is raiden considered so bad?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I'd say his biggest flaws are lack of a superb comeback factor, dismal hitbox, and not dominating any common match ups.

shocker and superman are mehh for anti air, shocker is too slow and ex shocker is good but it pretty much sucks to have to use meter just to anti air. superman gets knocked out of startup often if you try to anti air with it unless they are far jumps.

his f24 is godlike and does 4% chip its a great footsie tool and whiff punisher after a teleport. I just picked up raiden and the simple mindgame of dashing up to f24 and teleport is crazy. f2 is 12 frames and can still be beat by a lot of stuff in the game like jax f4, but you can just do a dash up and teleport and you earned yourself a free f24 superman by whiffing f41.

also teleport is a tool that is supposed to be used on reaction a lot of times instead of just throwing it out. if youre across the screen you can just play lame with the life lead and do vicinity blasts and still teleport their projectile on reaction and start pressure.

I only wish his b312 and 334 couldnt be armored out of and his standing 1 wouldnt be so clunky and had better properties. the superman nerf from 8 to 10 frame was stupid and the added recovery is stupid as well. I really believe he was top 5 without the nerfs.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Raiden is awesome, one thing a lot of Raiden players make a mistake of doing online I've noticed is teleport in the corner...big no, no lol he eats cross overs for lunch when they do that.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I have NO idea why people think raiden is bad. They just don't know how to play him and/or have never played anyone that really knows how to. He's top 10. There's just not a strong tournament presence for Raiden.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
Because he doesn't have things that are abusable like most characters. Honestly he is an amazing character if you understand him. still wish he had his 8 frame superman back...

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Teleport is not bullshit enough. That and his lack of dominance in a number of matchups drops his score too much. He's really just right outside top 10.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
He's an inconsiderate a@#$%le that let everyone die. Except for the two blond(e) stupid characters in the end that will probably die in the series/movies... Oh! And he has that game-changing teleport as well! :p

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
He's an inconsiderate a@#$%le that let everyone die. Except for the two blond(e) stupid characters in the end that will probably die in the series/movies... Oh! And he has that game-changing teleport as well! :p
lol Well I'm not crying over the fact that he let Kabal and Kunt Lao die :) They should stay dead, yes! :) lol while he'll be back in MK 10 bawahahahahahaha