What's new

Question Why is PS4 MKX online mode region locked? how does it works?

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
There is no real excuse or answer.
Very few other console games that I know of are region locked.
It's just NRS games on playstation.

As for people asking what the differences are between Xbox and PS4 and why one would be region locked.
My best guess is that MS simply doesn't allow for people to region lock games because every thing has to go through their own Xbox live servers.
Sony gives people the option to region lock a game, and for what ever reason, NRS chooses to do it.

Maybe with XL and the new netcode they simply couldn't remove the region lock for the game with out splitting X and XL's playerbase, I could see that.
If Injustice 2 has rollback and is still region locked, then fuck I have no idea.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
There is no real excuse or answer.
Very few other console games that I know of are region locked.
It's just NRS games on playstation.

As for people asking what the differences are between Xbox and PS4 and why one would be region locked.
My best guess is that MS simply doesn't allow for people to region lock games because every thing has to go through their own Xbox live servers.
Sony gives people the option to region lock a game, and for what ever reason, NRS chooses to do it.

Maybe with XL and the new netcode they simply couldn't remove the region lock for the game with out splitting X and XL's playerbase, I could see that.
If Injustice 2 has rollback and is still region locked, then fuck I have no idea.
makes sense

Aramonde

Noob
I know the EU guys are not gonna like this but im glad its region locked. When i play people from NA in SFV the connection is fine. Whenever i play across either ocean its horrible. If SFV had a region only option i'd choose it.

Right now MKX online is sooooo good i dont want anything fucking with it.