What's new

Question Why is PS4 MKX online mode region locked? how does it works?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
To anyone wondering why i'm asking this, its because i'm kinda new to online, the MKXL net code is so good that i honestly don't understand why is region locked, considering Xbone is open.

So why not remove the lock?

How does this Region Lock thing works for MKX in PS4? I have a EU copy but can't play gainst US players or Autraulians, how many servers exist? Does Brasil Copy only plays Online against Brasil people?
Do we have an Africa Copy too? Because i heard someone from South Africa paid the DLCs with his African Currency in the PSN, does that means he only can play people from South Africa (Country Lock)?

Do peple in US can only play against themselves?

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I really think there is not enough widespread on this issue because the American server is huge so they don't need to worry about petty outsiders

But when outside regions struggle to fill rooms it's an issue.
If they add something like SF4 or Tekken where you can choose which region to play in and see flags beside the names would be a win for everybody!

We really need to make this a hot topic so we can't stop this with future NRS games that they will more than likely will do.

When was the last game that wasn't an NRS game online region locked?
Online is the keyword so localizations do not count.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
I was thinking this too. What makes it possible on the XB1 and yet it can't be done on PS4.

I was dissapointed when I found out only one was region-free. Definitely something I'd like to hear more on but NRS don't reply to anything remotely like this.

Just for shits and giggles though;
@16 Bit
@tylerlansdown
@colt

Skedar70

Noob
Well I can play with anyone from america ,however my connection with the farthest is really bad. I can't image how it would be with guys across the ocean.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
I'm sure if they could remove the lock they would. They clearly care about our online experiences and even completely overhauled the awful netcode so there's probably a valid reason as to why they can't remove the lock.

Hopefully their next game which may or may not have Nightwing in it won't be region-locked. But if it is I'll just get a US copy since the online's guaranteed to be good.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
It's legal mumbo jumbo. What exactly, we don't know, but from what I was told, that was the case.

Addhad

GOD OF EARTHRELM
Because the servers would get overwhelmed. I'm pretty sure the shitty nrs servers are in each place EU has their own server US has their own. Imagine a shit ton of people going into one server. It would make the shitty nrs servers even shittier like is it battlefield?

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Because the servers would get overwhelmed. I'm pretty sure the shitty nrs servers are in each place EU has their own server US has their own. Imagine a shit ton of people going into one server. It would make the shitty nrs servers even shittier like is it battlefield?
Shitty "NRS servers" "servers overwhelmed"

Do you even know what you're talking about or are you just looking for the first opportunity to shit on NRS that you can? Lol

Addhad

GOD OF EARTHRELM
Shitty "NRS servers" "servers overwhelmed"

Do you even know what you're talking about or are you just looking for the first opportunity to shit on NRS that you can? Lol
Lol naw but on the real region lock is fine where it is :p I mean If u could have a setting for what region u wanna play in that would be pretty good. Or all the regions :eek: more customization

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
But XBOX doesn't have region lock so overloading NRS shitty servers doesn't apply.

Does SFV have region lock?

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
I really think there is not enough widespread on this issue because the American server is huge so they don't need to worry about petty outsiders

But when outside regions struggle to fill rooms it's an issue.
If they add something like SF4 or Tekken where you can choose which region to play in and see flags beside the names would be a win for everybody!

We really need to make this a hot topic so we can't stop this with future NRS games that they will more than likely will do.

When was the last game that wasn't an NRS game online region locked?
Online is the keyword so localizations do not count.
When MK9 came out at first wasn't region locked.