What's new

Why is everybody hating on Hawkgirl?

skumz

So I have been playing Hawkgirl a lot lately and I am enjoying her a lot! But one thing I notice is that I have been receiving a lot of hatemail lately. People really hate this character. I play her with a hit and run playing style and try to annoy my opponent. Once i annoy him enough into making mistakes i go in for a rushdown of combos and resets. Soon after i get hate mail about how i play cheap. Is she really that frustrating to make people that angry? What I don't understand is how you get angry at a person for picking a character that was passed up on and is hardly ever picked but you pick your usual Superman F23, and eye laser all day and it is ok? Or Lantern Might yourself to victory but that is ok. And that is not taking away from players who play the Supes, Lanterns, and Bats. Bc their are good ones out there. I have realized that most people don't like to lose and when they do they are pissed! But it is ok when they are winning. The ones who act like that aren't that good, are still rookies and have a whole lot of learning to do. Stats don't mean shit! I have played many players who have completely shut down Hawkgirl. If you can't do it that is a personal problem. But why complete dog her? Superman is annoying as fuck and I am slowly learning to counter and control him. I know that he is good but least I am learning the character. Bottom line is stop hating on Hawk and every Hawk play ain't cheap. I am decent with her but if you have ever played one that is good, and I mean really good. You will know exactly what I mean.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
I know what to do in this MU but sweet baby Jebus she is one of the most annoying characters in the game.

But then again I play NW...

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
well she has no combos or people just don't do combos with her so it looks cheap and she can fly in a place where most characters can't attack her.

Sami

Noob
Online scrubs are online scrubs non-shocker.

Did you opponent a) face something unfamiliar and b) get bodied by it? If so, either the winning player and/or character is a cheap spammer and they will report/rape/murder you (via the medium of internet messages), and then go pretending the person/character/tactic doesn't exist until they get destroyed by it again.

On the other hand, Hawlgirl does shut down a lot of characters simply by going "hurr i'ma burrd" until she forgets she's a bird and falls out of the air.

Espio

Kokomo
People will always find a way to whine and cry about a character.

As for Hawkgirl's playstyle, I've gotten hate from people who counterpick me with Sinestro and got salty because I rushed them down and wouldn't let them spam interactables on the Watch Tower.

It doesn't matter if you play rushdown, zoning, hit and run etc salty people will find a way to not be happy about how you play and if it works and people cannot get around your playstyle, keep doing it.

So I have been playing Hawkgirl a lot lately and I am enjoying her a lot! But one thing I notice is that I have been receiving a lot of hatemail lately. People really hate this character. I play her with a hit and run playing style and try to annoy my opponent. Once i annoy him enough into making mistakes i go in for a rushdown of combos and resets. Soon after i get hate mail about how i play cheap. Is she really that frustrating to make people that angry? What I don't understand is how you get angry at a person for picking a character that was passed up on and is hardly ever picked but you pick your usual Superman F23, and eye laser all day and it is ok? Or Lantern Might yourself to victory but that is ok. And that is not taking away from players who play the Supes, Lanterns, and Bats. Bc their are good ones out there. I have realized that most people don't like to lose and when they do they are pissed! But it is ok when they are winning. The ones who act like that aren't that good, are still rookies and have a whole lot of learning to do. Stats don't mean shit! I have played many players who have completely shut down Hawkgirl. If you can't do it that is a personal problem. But why complete dog her? Superman is annoying as fuck and I am slowly learning to counter and control him. I know that he is good but least I am learning the character. Bottom line is stop hating on Hawk and every Hawk play ain't cheap. I am decent with her but if you have ever played one that is good, and I mean really good. You will know exactly what I mean.

*there

I totally agree. Hawkgirl is actually really fun to fight. Regarding the "Not every Hawkgirl player is cheap" statement, as a Superman player, I welcome you to the club.

Eyedentical

That's it? That's all you got?
Hawkgirl is lame, she gets blown up unless she's flying brain dead all over the screen....that's why I just use GL and Lanterns Might that slut out of the sky

skumz

People will always find a way to whine and cry about a character.

As for Hawkgirl's playstyle, I've gotten hate from people who counterpick me with Sinestro and got salty because I rushed them down and wouldn't let them spam interactables on the Watch Tower.

It doesn't matter if you play rushdown, zoning, hit and run etc salty people will find a way to not be happy about how you play and if it works and people cannot get around your playstyle, keep doing it.
God I hate that too! Play what you know. Don't play a character that you absolutely know nothing about but bc of what you you have heard about the matchup you wanna pick the character. Smart guys! I get that often with with Sinestro players and Deathstroke. They will be picking someone else but soon as I hover over hawkgirl they go straight to those characters. Then the game starts and they don't know how to use the character lol.

skumz

Online scrubs are online scrubs non-shocker.

Did you opponent a) face something unfamiliar and b) get bodied by it? If so, either the winning player and/or character is a cheap spammer and they will report/rape/murder you (via the medium of internet messages), and then go pretending the person/character/tactic doesn't exist until they get destroyed by it again.

On the other hand, Hawlgirl does shut down a lot of characters simply by going "hurr i'ma burrd" until she forgets she's a bird and falls out of the air.

What I like about her is she shuts down randomness in my opinion. Cheap tactics can't really work on her bc she has a tool for almost everything. She really test if the player is good. That's why she is not so combo heavy bc if she had mad mid screen combo potential she would be broken.

skumz

Hawkgirl is lame, she gets blown up unless she's flying brain dead all over the screen....that's why I just use GL and Lanterns Might that slut out of the sky
Most would consider Lantern lame bc his Lantern Might to some is considered ridiculously broken based on the reach and how it can catch you even if you are damn near on the other side of him all ready. And most would considered Lantern braindead bc he requires no skill to win but skill to be good. So pretty much like I said you enjoy GL or whoever you like and I will enjoy who I like. :)

Also a character who is built on a certain play style can't be cheap if that is how the character is made. Hit run is what her moves are made to do to open up her opponents. From their you capitalize on your opponent mistakes.

skumz

You know, as crazy as this sounds. I have been actually thinking about dropping my main of CW for her. I love to play the character nobody plays. It makes me feel different. I was messaging Krayzie one day when I was going through a character crisis and he told me do what makes me feel good. He made a lot of sense with that statement. Who knows what I might do. I might make the complete transition to Hawkgirl or keep CW. But I am really feeling the Hawk right now.

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
d1 d1 d2 evade~3 and mace charge

summarizes 90% of hawkgirl players

but I must admit, we regime costume alt color is pretty badass.

Eyedentical

That's it? That's all you got?
Most would consider Lantern lame bc his Lantern Might to some is considered ridiculously broken based on the reach and how it can catch you even if you are damn near on the other side of him all ready. And most would considered Lantern braindead bc he requires no skill to win but skill to be good. So pretty much like I said you enjoy GL or whoever you like and I will enjoy who I like. :)

Also a character who is built on a certain play style can't be cheap if that is how the character is made. Hit run is what her moves are made to do to open up her opponents. From their you capitalize on your opponent mistakes.

I agree but against her I make no mistakes, she's too predictable lol