What's new

Why I dislike playing against Grundy

I'm going to preface this with, I'm not griping about balance issues. I think Grundy is well designed, balance-wise and I'm able to figure out how beat him when I can. I don't feel he needs a nerf.

However, I feel the animations on his chain-throws need to be sped up. I don't enjoy watching a 15 second cutscene every time I get hit-confirmed. That's the exact reason I don't play MvC3.

Go ahead and call me a scrub or whatever, I just don't like the sitting around having no control of my character watching a cutscene I have no say in. I can't even wager, which is fine, but HURRY UP ALREADY.

SOMEONE has to agree with me here.

Ill be the nice guy here and say I feel your pain man but against Grundy you have to stay mobile, wake up jump, jump over him and jump away alot, with out trying to jump in because his uppercut is god like and can be the start of full combo, so zoning works well and like I said stay mobile. This is the nature of fighting games each character has to be learned wether you play them or not. Good Luck!

Check my channel out for combo videos ranked matches montages and more http://www.youtube.com/user/TequilaMockingburd

And no I don't type my signature out everytime, im using Tapatalk app lol

RYX

BIG PUSHER
He's a hype killer lol.

I think he's fairly manageable now, maybe not as good though. :(

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
He's a hype killer lol.

Lol, I like how I made SURE to explain I wasn't complaining about Grundy's balance, and yet you guys read it that way anyways.

I just want his throw animations to take up less time. That's TOTALLY my only gripe here, I am lodging no other complaints against the character.
Don't worry man, I knew what you were saying. You should be aware that you can clash his trait throws, though.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
Lol, I like how I made SURE to explain I wasn't complaining about Grundy's balance, and yet you guys read it that way anyways.

I just want his throw animations to take up less time. That's TOTALLY my only gripe here, I am lodging no other complaints against the character.
I think very few people actually read what you posted and just assumed you wanted Grundy to be nerfed. People cry for nerfs so often on here that I guess that's just become the norm.

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
It does get a little boring.As a Grundy player, it is even boring doing your midscreen bnb and always ending it with a grab. But in the corner, i dont really mind because Grundy is so much fun in the corner i just sometimes feel bad for my opponent. Lol

DangerousBacon

Mechanical Engineering Bitch!
It does get a little boring.As a Grundy player, it is even boring doing your midscreen bnb and always ending it with a grab. But in the corner, i dont really mind because Grundy is so much fun in the corner i just sometimes feel bad for my opponent. Lol
You're a bad person for subjecting them to corner Grundy and you should feel bad for doing so. :joker:

I'm going to preface this with, I'm not griping about balance issues. I think Grundy is well designed, balance-wise and I'm able to figure out how beat him when I can. I don't feel he needs a nerf.

However, I feel the animations on his chain-throws need to be sped up. I don't enjoy watching a 15 second cutscene every time I get hit-confirmed. That's the exact reason I don't play MvC3.

Go ahead and call me a scrub or whatever, I just don't like the sitting around having no control of my character watching a cutscene I have no say in. I can't even wager, which is fine, but HURRY UP ALREADY.

SOMEONE has to agree with me here.

Speeding it up gets rid of a major factor of playing grundy which is the mental aspect. He's a very cerebral character and a massive part of his game is fear. Having the throws dragged out forces my opponent to sit there and think about things. It breaks momentum and causes them to over think mixups.

That feeling you get when you know the combo is going to finish with you in the corner and grundy at an advantage. Is he going to d2 if I try to jump? Is he going to f31 trait to catch me jumping blocking high or just blocking? Is he going to just raw trait or even raw normal throw? is he going to 112 and trait/cleaver/sh vortex? do I use a wakeup attack? what if he does a WCC and blows me up for 50%.

You could argue that having it be over super quick and just as damaging accomplished the same thing but at the same time you're just going to pick one option and go with it. You're not going to sit there and think and over think until you're second guessing your own gut instinct and its never a good sign when you second guess yourself. Its worse if you eat the wakeup and now you're back in the vortex. is he going to do the exact same thing or is he going to change it up. turns into panic mode. And panic mode is always beneficial to the grundy player.

So as a notoriously cerebral player I'm going to say hold that shit son. Grundy's throws are doing exactly what they're meant to do and frustrate you. His mind games are so strong it got you to go online and take the time to whine about it in a forum dedicated to grundy play. If thats not Yomi I dunno what is.

Speeding it up gets rid of a major factor of playing grundy which is the mental aspect. He's a very cerebral character and a massive part of his game is fear. Having the throws dragged out forces my opponent to sit there and think about things. It breaks momentum and causes them to over think mixups.

That feeling you get when you know the combo is going to finish with you in the corner and grundy at an advantage. Is he going to d2 if I try to jump? Is he going to f31 trait to catch me jumping blocking high or just blocking? Is he going to just raw trait or even raw normal throw? is he going to 112 and trait/cleaver/sh vortex? do I use a wakeup attack? what if he does a WCC and blows me up for 50%.

You could argue that having it be over super quick and just as damaging accomplished the same thing but at the same time you're just going to pick one option and go with it. You're not going to sit there and think and over think until you're second guessing your own gut instinct and its never a good sign when you second guess yourself. Its worse if you eat the wakeup and now you're back in the vortex. is he going to do the exact same thing or is he going to change it up. turns into panic mode. And panic mode is always beneficial to the grundy player.

So as a notoriously cerebral player I'm going to say hold that shit son. Grundy's throws are doing exactly what they're meant to do and frustrate you. His mind games are so strong it got you to go online and take the time to whine about it in a forum dedicated to grundy play. If thats not Yomi I dunno what is.

Well, thank you for at least recognizing the point I was making and disagreeing to it in a thoughtful way, except for the shitty comment about me "whining" you threw in at the end.

RadicalFuzz

Aspiring Fighter
lots of smart stuff

Would you mind if I copied that into a text file and send it to my friends that hate Grundy. I wouldn't associate your name with it if you didn't want, I just think it's the best analysis of why his chain throws take so long.

Jagernaut

Training Mode
Well, thank you for at least recognizing the point I was making and disagreeing to it in a thoughtful way, except for the shitty comment about me "whining" you threw in at the end.

1truking may massage his dick to Solomon Grundy, but regardless of any bias, I got to agree with him in terms of yomi.

This argument though, "...you're just going to pick one option and go with it." Yes but that option needs to come sooner instead of allowing me to get up and do like 3-5 pull ups in the meantime. I see what you're saying OP, I roll my eyes every fucking time. Personally, i'm sick of facing Batmans.. Everything connects to everything and I think I got in like 7 pull ups one time during his lenghty-ass combos.

My rage gets me buff

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Felt that way about throws in general. Specially Freddy in MK9 and most throws in SCV. It's kills the pace.

But IDK, Injustice doesn't seem to suffer the same way. Maybe because throws aren't as frequent unless Grundy is in the match. But even so, his Chain throws are fun as hell to watch.

NoobSaibot

PSN: JP_THUNDA
I absolutely hate Grundy's chain throw, not because they're broken, but it's just so damn annoying when every time i get touched i know im gonna have to listen to that stupid chant

I agree. I love Grundy but fuck sometimes when I'm playing death stroke and I use the chip defense chain over and over and sit back for minutes getting shot at it can get really repetitive and annoying