What's new

Why exactly do you guys hate Annihilation?

krsx

Noob
dreemernj said:
The first movie took the kind of liberties with how the characters looked
They even wanted to give Kano a leather eyepatch originally, until Boon, Tobias and fan feedback essentially forced them to give him the proper metal one.

As for MKA, only two aspects of anything related to that movie were any good, and they were the commercial and the soundtrack (and maybe the dragon symbol, kinda liked it since it incorporated the stone dragon from the first movie.) Everything, and I mean everything else was sheer rubbish.

What was good about the first film was the dark mystical aura, sort of capturing the theme of the first two MK games.
The third game had that apocalyptic vibe, perfect to build a movie around. Instead they forgot all that and catered to the Defenders of the Realm age group.

Supposedly, and I have read it online somewhere (anyone know where?), MKA had quite a different script. Unfortunately New Line rushed production - probably to captialize on what they thought was a dying franchise - and made drastic cuts, which resulted in them cocking everything up terribly, whilst targeting the 10 years olds that they thought were the only ones interested in MK. Yet I think they should have marketed towards those who were early teens in 1992, who had grown up by 97, and wanted to see the fatalities, blood and gore they missed in the first movie.

Blame New Line.

--

Anyone know what movie Sub Zero, Scorpion and Reptile's MK1 outfits were modelled on? The MK team got the inspiration from somewhere and I can't remember the name of the movie.

dreemernj

Ambassador
The commercial and sound track were really good. I was so pissed off just because the commercial was really good. It got me totally hyped for the movie. And then I saw it and wanted to annihilate my eyes during it.

EDIT: I just did a search and found a bunch of the MKA commercials, but not the one I saw that made me want to see the movie. It was really dramatic and featured footage of the forces of outworld riding on horseback. I'd love to see it again if anyone knows where it might be.

I remember those commercials, and honestly, the only character ever so convincing in that commercial was SMOKE. as did I see the movie, he was a FUCKING MACHINE (in a kick ass kind of way), but because it was a piece of shit movie, they killed him off due to fucked up stupid writers whom of which couldn't give us a proper storyline, because if smoke killed liu and kitana, then there might have been a chance of actually making that movie good.

krsx

Noob
dreemernj said:
I just did a search and found a bunch of the MKA commercials, but not the one I saw that made me want to see the movie. It was really dramatic and featured footage of the forces of outworld riding on horseback. I'd love to see it again if anyone knows where it might be.
I looked the other day and only found the theatrical trailer, but I seem to remember another one as well. The one I recall that made me so excited to see the film was on TV, so maybe there was a tv spot one?

The theatrical trailer still makes the movie out to be decent though, but it pretty much shows the only cool footage in the entire movie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guh7dzdr7NA (they switched the song up just a little in this, putting Kitana's name in front of Jax's for some reason...)