What's new

Why exactly do you guys hate Annihilation?

Enigma

Noob
Mainly because they fucked with the storyline so much. Raiden and Shao Kahn are brothers? Shinnok is their father?

...Raiden with a crew-cut?

Blow me.

Another thing that pissed me off was that they felt the need to cram almost every single person in the MK universe up to that point in the movie in some way. It felt so forced and the lot of their cameos were totally meaningless. If you had to take a piss or wanted some more popcorn, *poof* you missed Nightwolf and Jade.

The biggest problem was obviously the lack of returning actors. Having to use different actors for Raiden, Johnny Cage, Sonya, and Jax was a big blow. The word is that Christopher Lambert refused to play Raiden again because he did not want to do a fight scene. You don't tell Lambert to fuck off, you fucking take out Raiden's fight scene.

It was just a big messy clusterfuck that left me scratching my head.

Enigma said:
Mainly because they fucked with the storyline so much. Raiden and Shao Kahn are brothers? Shinnok is their father?

...Raiden with a crew-cut?

Blow me.

Another thing that pissed me off was that they felt the need to cram almost every single person in the MK universe up to that point in the movie in some way. It felt so forced and the lot of their cameos were totally meaningless. If you had to take a piss or wanted some more popcorn, *poof* you missed Nightwolf and Jade.

The biggest problem was obviously the lack of returning actors. Having to use different actors for Raiden, Johnny Cage, Sonya, and Jax was a big blow. The word is that Christopher Lambert refused to play Raiden again because he did not want to do a fight scene. You don't tell Lambert to fuck off, you fucking take out Raiden's fight scene.

It was just a big messy clusterfuck that left me scratching my head.
Yeah, it was meaningless to put in Ermac and Rain. Just stupid. And Sheeva. All she did was make those stupid faces that made me laugh. LMFAO. Man, I just cracked up right now thinking about them... LOL. OMFG... He left because of a stupid fight scene? Gay. Yeah, that sucks. They should of kept him. It was meaningless to tell him to leave, the other Raiden sucked ass and just looked gay. I didnt care that they changed the acters for Sonya and Jax, I liked them more than the ones in the first movie, but not having Johnny Cage made the movie to serious and the storyline was completely switched around. And again, the cameos... Why were Kabal and Stryker even mentioned? WHY WASNT KUNG LAO EVEN MENTIONED? WTF? WHY!!!!?!??!?!? The storyline dindt make much sense either. I never knew that was Shinnok that was Kahn's dad. WTF? And another pointless fact... Do you remember the scene from where Kahn used his hammer to knock either Ermac or Rain into the fire? Well, one of my friends showed me something that made me piss my pants. If you go over and watch the scene where Liu is fighting the 2 Tarkatas and knocks one of them into the fire, they accidently used the Rain or Ermac scene that was used for that. It was hilarious to me.

i have not watched it since it was in the theater, but i remember thinking that animality fight was so dumb it was funny. rest of the movie i cant remember so i guess it did suck.

TheRagingStorm said:
PauLWaFFleZ said:
. Is it becuase they made Raiden so gay?
answered my own question, only opposite. WHYYYY!!!!!!!
there can be only one...Christopher Lambert.

EDIT: and for the record, JADE is BLACK!!!!
jade isnt black, shes one of those races that are tanned color.

look at her face in the 3d mk's, she looks like an amazon chick from the rainforest lol.

edit: but she is pretty black in umk. but so is ermac but he changes to white when you use him as p2 in a mirror match. -_-

Here's my rant...ready....

Sheeva didn't do shit, except die, so that's a good thing.

Nightwolf didn't do shit, and that animality quote was the pinnacle of making the movie bad.

Shinnok didn't do shit,
so what was the point of putting them in this movie?

Cage put more effort when he died than any of these fucks!

Jade changed her look in every scene, like it was supposed to be hot or something, I was glad she gotten devoured, lol.

Rain was in the movie...for about five seconds - a new low.

why call the names of characters that are dead rather than showing us how they died (stryker i understand, but kabal didn't have to die for no reason)

WHAT THE FUCK was that Noob - Ermac bullshit?!! noob comming out of ermac like a fake ass venom / spider - man

Smoke totally owned liu, but when he was about to win, out of nowhere...sub -zero, KILLING HIS OWN BEST FRIEND!!! horseshit for that, and they should've let Smoke blow both Kitana and liu if the movie was gonna SUCK!! sub - zero just showing up killed that scene badly, not even scorpion could save that movie.

Raiden, lookin like a fake ass robin hood with a crew cut...might as well change ur name, because you're simply NOT RAIDEN!! not to mention when shao kahn (your brother?!! wtf) shot you with that jizz ball, you stood there and took it. you had enough time to move outta the way, you dumbass!!

wtf was that animality battle?!! it was a bathroom break!!! when the fuck did shao kahn turn into some fake ass king gidorah?!! waste of TIME!!!

motaro....was....motaro....better than the motaro in MKA...so no point there!

Enigma, you are right. Those assholes should've worshipped the ground Christopher Lambert walked on. they had no right to tell him to fuck off, and replace him with Ajax from the warriors! personally I'd let him carry a sword just to make him more uber! and the lack of returning characters was the start of a bad movie. If Lambert was in the movie, it would've been a little decent...a little. There's too much bullshit riding in this movie for him to make it better.

There were to much pointless special effects that would potentially blind you and give you a seizure.

The Mileena fight in mud with sonya was not that hot, but beause sonya won, that fight truly sucked.

The part when jax was bitchin at sonya...should've just left, and stay gone.
not because he sucked...no no, he's alright, but because you don't wanna torture yourself in a bad movie any further! but no instead you killed a monster by fisting it...it was gay.

It was funny when Kahn was talking in the games, but to the movie kahn...
for the love of GOD, please SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!

One more thing before i conclude.
In the ending where Liu and Kitana kissed...WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T LIU BLOW THE FUCK UP?!!!!

Scheisse said:
Rain should have NEVER BEEN MADE TO BEGIN WITH. Seriously what a stupid fucking character. FUCKING "RAIN"? You gotta be fuckin kidding me. Ehh EHhhh Ehhh Ehhh Ehhhh Ehhhh -corny fucking move.
LMFAO. I feel the exact same way about Bo Rai Cho. I fucking hate him... I hope to God hes not in MK8.

And for more pointless facts.... some of the scenes just didnt make sense at all. When Jade first came into contact with Liu Kang, she had no make up on but when she had the close up with her frowning, she had it on? Wtf? The scene where Kahn hits Raiden with the fireball thing, Raiden was turned around when it happened, so wtf was that? I could have sworn he was facing Kahn. Also, the Noob Saibot part made absolutely NO SENSE WHATSOEVER. Some of the storyline was changed up so much, it was just bad. I mean, how can Raiden and Kahn be brothers? That would make Kahn a god then. And also, the part where Smoke blows up, Liu Kang is right there when Sub Zero comes in to save everyone. Then when the xplosion happens, Liu Kang is like 10ft away at a different camera view. And also, why is Raiden the only god to have a human type form? The other ones were just dietys of their element.... And Jade wasnt black.... More garbage. And the Nightwolf scene was just stupid. No sense at all... I did like the new Jax actor though... That was a good part, kinda.

ZAQ

Noob
TempesT said:
Was I talking to you? No.
This comment fits your avatar all to well.

I started to watch this <insert curse word here> movie from a get this.. 142mb avi file. I didn't think it could get any worse but horrible quality definitely worked.

At least it put me to sleep.

Scheisse said:
TempesT said:
Was I talking to you? No.
This comment fits your avatar all to well.

I started to watch this <insert curse word here> movie from a get this.. 142mb avi file. I didn't think it could get any worse but horrible quality definitely worked.

At least it put me to sleep.
I agree...a very pissed off comment with a very pissed off avatar. That made me laugh!

why, for whatever reason, did you waste mb on that? I don't think quality had anything to do with the movie, that's how the movie is. a pile of shit with muffled sound effects.

dreemernj

Ambassador
They shoved every character they could in. And they made the characters look too much like they did in the game.

The first movie took the kind of liberties with how the characters looked and their stories that were necessary to make a halfway decent movie.

This movie, they just piled completely stupid junk on top of other completely stupid junk. They needed to take the characters, their looks and their stories, and craft them into something different from the game, but still true enough to it for it to be considered MK. Instead they just shoved everything in a cuisinart, set it to "Chop" and this is what came out.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
My first thought in the theater was "is the acting gonna be this bad the whole time?" I was in 7th grade at the time. Lets see

Sheeva-died before she did anything
Nightwolf-cool character design...for the 5 second you saw him
scorpion-"sukkkkeeeeerrs!" yeah exactly....
Smoke-desided to do a fusion dance with sektor
kahn-compared to the one we saw at the end of the first movie....turned into a biker or something.
rain-oh wait...he didn't do anything either.

the list goes on........................