What's new

'Why don't you play a different character!?'- a salty hater exposé

OneTap

Noob
So how often do u guys get this online or otherwise? I main mileena, which I understand is a frustrating matchup for alot of characters n mk9...I also understand that that's not MY problem..I had no hand in the development of the game nor the character. Now, in order to 'main' a character...they must have the preverbal dogshit played outta them correct? So y r these ppl getting so upset when I choose mileena 4/5 times we play? I mean, I've had a tattoo of mileena on my arm for the past 6 years..it's not like I'm new to this character and furthermore, she's not the only one I play (noob, kitana (of which I also have a tat of), kabal, ermac, cyrax, and jade...a pretty healthy dose of all aforementioned characters), but she mos def receives the most hate mail...your thought cuz I'm sure I'm not the only one who experiences this on a daily basis

redeyes

Button Masher
i play mileena almost 24/7 if im playing. ignore what people say play the character your best with. they are just jealous cause they cant beat you.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Play as whoever the fuck you want too. Let people hate because they cant understand they arent as good or just plain suck.

fuck em.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
So how often do u guys get this online or otherwise? I main mileena, which I understand is a frustrating matchup for alot of characters n mk9...I also understand that that's not MY problem..I had no hand in the development of the game nor the character. Now, in order to 'main' a character...they must have the preverbal dogshit played outta them correct? So y r these ppl getting so upset when I choose mileena 4/5 times we play? I mean, I've had a tattoo of mileena on my arm for the past 6 years..it's not like I'm new to this character and furthermore, she's not the only one I play (noob, kitana (of which I also have a tat of), kabal, ermac, cyrax, and jade...a pretty healthy dose of all aforementioned characters), but she mos def receives the most hate mail...your thought cuz I'm sure I'm not the only one who experiences this on a daily basis
I used to get this from my offline mates when they were just learning the basics. I mean, they didn't realize I was playing to win and wasn't interested in making it look fancy.
First I mained csubz, then just to piss them off I learned regular sub-zero. I decided then to learn Ermac and finally shang tsung. Since I'm taking shang tsung somewhat seriously, I'm going for most of the cast.
Really, you shouldn't listen to what they say when they're raging like that. It's usually just a way of sayin "I really don't know how to get around that, can you help me?", same goes for when they call you "spammer" or "that's the only combo you know" and that kind of excuses.

Maybe you can give them free wins (I know I've done that.) That way they get to stay and don't get too upset if you really care about them. Use random select for the hell of it, even if it's not mk2.

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
If the people you are playing are online randoms, fuck 'em.

If the people you are playing are friends, they're probably tired of getting their rears handed to them, and aren't having fun with the game. They're hoping that you can play as someone else and at least give them a chance.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
I played some guy. I instantly picked Sub-Zero and he went to Baraka. I was instantly accused of counter picking. Played him again. He changed to Kano. Beat him again. Guy told me to stop counter picking again. Went to Cyber Sub. Beat his Kano again. Guy started blaming lag. He then quit.

Point is: Someone is always going to make an excuse when they use. If it isn't lag, cheapness they will blame character. They just have to pick their poison.

OneTap

Noob
Really, you shouldn't listen to what they say when they're raging like that. It's usually just a way of sayin "I really don't know how to get around that, can you help me?", same goes for when they call you "spammer" or "that's the only combo you know" and that kind of excuses.

Maybe you can give them free wins (I know I've done that.) That way they get to stay and don't get too upset if you really care about them. Use random select for the hell of it, even if it's not mk2.
lol I like that...used to have hand out freebies in umk3 maining Kung Lao, ermac, mileena, and kabal...but with mk9 online I show no mercy! It doesn't really bother me at all, ive just began to notice it has become more frequent as of late. That's generally when I pick cyrax and bomb reset the shit out of them, then ask if they'd prefer me go back to mileena lol. I just find it funny that it pisses them off, I cud never see a mk vet complaining about such nonsense as having character loyalty

OneTap

Noob

lol I like that...used to have hand out freebies in umk3 maining Kung Lao, ermac, mileena, and kabal...but with mk9 online I show no mercy! It doesn't really bother me at all, ive just began to notice it has become more frequent as of late. That's generally when I pick cyrax and bomb reset the shit out of them, then ask if they'd prefer me go back to mileena lol. I just find it funny that it pisses them off, I cud never see a mk vet complaining about such nonsense as having character loyalty

redeyes

Button Masher
id be pissed at you too using an inescapable reset.....

Shady

Noob
Okay, people will always complain about something. I actually got hate mail for playing Baraka... Let me repeat this so it sinks in: BARAKA! Something along "play any other characters or just spend your sad life learning the one for 12 hours a day?" Funny thing is, my play time with him is under an hour. Any case, my point is, people just hate losing. I am doing a project right now where I don't switch characters until I understand their play styles, and I'm on day one for Scorpipon, I expect a lot, and I mean A LOT of hate.

OneTap

Noob
Only the ppl that hate mail me...generally my cyrax is good enough to where I don't need em...but I will use his 55% without remorse

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
This is a message I've commonly received from dipshits:

omg u can only play kabal, lrn the game [ban incoming]
I've also received numerous messages disputing my sexuality and bravery because I don't use random select every match.

Bottom line is: if you're playing online, only about 1 in every 25 people you come across in this game will have even the slightest notion about how fighting games are played. If you get this criticism offline, they either just started playing less than 48 hours ago or they're one of (or related to) a certain few Scorpion players that showed up at Evo.

Loot

the special effects
The brief stint I played online (about the first week or two the game was out) was just tons of salty nerds crying about my Raiden and killing them in two corner combos. You'd think they'd learn to block high.

dont worry about it. if its online or competitive, screw it. if your even mildly serious about any fighting game you will have a very small number of characters (or just one) that you play and learn. alot of these people who are bitching dont really understand this concept. its no different than always going for a particular gun in an FPS or having "insert class here" as your main in an MMO. they just arent making the connection, or they are just raging about losing.

Loscakes

Noob
If the people you are playing are online randoms, fuck 'em.

If the people you are playing are friends, they're probably tired of getting their rears handed to them, and aren't having fun with the game. They're hoping that you can play as someone else and at least give them a chance.
Fucking this. Clashing mains with friends is fun when you're relatively even, but getting bodied over and over gets tiring. If you can't disable your "win at all costs" mode, just go online where there is to be no mercy.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Fucking this. Clashing mains with friends is fun when you're relatively even, but getting bodied over and over gets tiring. If you can't disable your "win at all costs" mode, just go online where there is to be no mercy.
Disabling the "win at all costs" mode basically disables the fun factor of the game. I play for shits and giggles but at the same time, I play to win. The challenge for me is not solely based on winning the match. I get more satisfaction from losing to a better player while trying to break down his/her defenses and strategies. If I'm successful, the feeling of accomplishment is much greater than just steam-rolling my opponent. If I steam-rolled my opponent, I really didn't learn or gain anything from the match. I prefer to fight evenly matched or better opponents in any fighting game. I will always play people less skilled that I am in order to give them the chance to gain experience. I'll often get on the mic and help players who cry foul about my tactics.

I also play Mileena and have done so since she debuted in MK2. I played her in MK9 even before she was considered "worthy." I get the usual "get a life!" hate mail from salty gamers. I find it funny that I play this game two days out of the week due to my demanding work schedule as a web developer and my duties as a father and husband yet, I'm accused of having no life. I can't help it if I have a knack for fighting games even with little practice time.

To all the haters:

Time for a low sodium game-play experience and learn some winning strats!