What's new

Why Does Meter Sometimes Instantly Fill To Full Bars? Video Reference.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
@PLAYING TO WIN mentioned this earlier, and I was curious about this myself. Does anyone know why this happens at times? I was playing an online set and noticed this-

As you can see at 0:48, the offensive bar just shoots up full. I have seen this happen seemingly randomly at times with both offensive and defensive meter. It happened earlier as well but forgot to record that one. The first time it was between rounds during the "Round 2" announcement. that about a full 1.1 bar of offensive meter shot up. What is happening here?

Tags in case it's a glitch- @16 Bit @colt @Dizzy

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
THIS GAME IS FULL OF GOOF

(Seriously, what the hell was that?)
No clue at all, but it was the second time it happened yesterday. The first time it was after the first round, and when the two characters were standing there during the "Round 2" part, when the first bar finished filling the second bar just insta-filled before the round started. I'm trying to make sense of it but can't figure it out, so must be a bug or glitch.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Maybe it has something to do with how often you're trading blows with the opponent. During that clip you're getting hit constantly and not giving back any of it right until the meter refills.
On launch I was playing around with Scorpion's Misery Blade and it worked with a similiar idea, but the other way around. If you do his MB cancel it takes away 1 bar of def meter, which regenerates pretty quickly, but if you get hit it'll regenerate slow. Something like that.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
The first time it was between rounds
I know certain things are replinished between rounds like after using last breath both defensive bars will Instagram refill every time. I think the meter system needs fixed. A ton of moves are given right back when they are very powerful and should come with a cost. Like breakaway should be a sacrifice of wakeup options and I feel the same way about last breath, if they steal the round with it they should have to lose those bars for at least 15 seconds per bar starting next round.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
LOL! Was legit the very first time I faced it. Almost forgot it existed!
No kidding.

I did see this happening to me a couple of times is it some kind come back mechanic maybe? They never talked about it tho so it may just be a bug.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I know certain things are replinished between rounds like after using last breath both defensive bars will Instagram refill every time. I think the meter system needs fixed. A ton of moves are given right back when they are very powerful and should come with a cost. Like breakaway should be a sacrifice of wakeup options and I feel the same way about last breath, if they steal the round with it they should have to lose those bars for at least 15 seconds per bar starting next round.
Breakaway does sacrifice your wakeup options though...

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I know this happens when it takes your defensive bars for last breath. Next round they recharge fully which is actually weird. Because if you have 1 and a quarter bar and last breath only is able to take one bar, next round they BOTH are filled not just one.

Never noticed it happened randomly for offensive bars, very strange.

Here it is

To summarize (but you should watch the video because I go over examples and it's easier to understand)
  • different amplified attacks recover meter at different rates
  • if you do a first amplified attack that recovers meter slowly, and a second amplified attack that recovers meter quickly, you get the insta fill bug
  • if you do a first amplified that recovers meter quickly, and a second amplified attack that recovers meter slower, both bars refill at the slower attack's rate, which means you lose out on meter
  • if you breakaway, any use of the defensive meter will refill at the breakaways super slow refill rate, until you let the defensive meter fill back to full

Here it is

To summarize (but you should watch the video because I go over examples and it's easier to understand)
  • if you do a first amplified attack that recovers meter slowly, and a second amplified attack that recovers meter quickly, you get the insta fill bug
  • if you do a first amplified that recovers meter quickly, and a second amplified attack that recovers meter slower, both bars refill at the slower attack's rate, which means you lose out on meter
  • if you breakaway, any use of the defensive meter will refill at the breakaways super slow refill rate, until you let the defensive meter fill back to full
Ahhh so it’s a bug?

Colares

Noob
Here it is

Do you know what happened in the NK vs Coach?
Someone posted the clip above it was Breakaway, back roll, round 1 finished then The def filled while launched giving breakway again.

You should get this post on front page.

Do you know what happened in the NK vs Coach?
Someone posted the clip above it was Breakaway, back roll, round 1 finished then The def filled while launched giving breakway again.

You should get this post on front page.
If he did the roll with the 2nd bar of meter, then the first bar will fill super fast. Basically doing anything with the 2nd bar of meter (roll) that refills quicker than what you used the first bar for (1/2 of a breakaway) will cause the first bar to refill near instantly.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Here it is

This is interesting, seems more bug than intended? But how would that explain the video @Rip Torn posted in the thread? The D Bar exploded back up for an instant breaker?

This is interesting, seems more bug than intended? But how would that explain the video @Rip Torn posted in the thread? The D Bar exploded back up for an instant breaker?
I should have been more clear in the vid. It's not just amplified attacks, the same rule applied for defensive meter. In the vid, the player did a something with slow meter regen first (Breakaway), and when they got 1 bar of meter back they did something with quicker meter regen (Roll), so the first bar insta fills.