What's new

Why does Aquaman's trait work the way it does?

Tweedy

Noob
All I'm seeing deep in top 8's right now is Black Adam, Batman, Dead Shot, and Atrocitus. A ton of people can say what they want but until he wins some tournaments, let's not say how good he is just yet.
Top 8 at Combo breaker had 3 Aquamans and one of 3 of the characters you mentioned.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
I said deep in top 8. If my memory serves me correctly, the top 4 didnt touch Aquaman, with the exception of Slayer...and he got demolished with him.
You are really reaching in your attempt to downplay him lol. That is such an arbitrary cutoff, and even then it fails to hold water given that there is an exception in Slayer.

Theo also just placed second in a big online tournament with almost 500 entrants, didn't he?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I think Aquaman is better than Deadshot, Superman and Atrocitus. I don't think he's better than Batman and Black Adam, I have him at number 3 right now. But I certainly wouldn't fault anyone for saying he's the best, he's definitely in the running, character is fucked.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
The great thing about the trait is; even though you are still taking your fair share of chip, you can cause the opponent to commit to something unsafe due to them thinking they've hit you for a combo, such as Flash's lighting kick, which is about -13 iirc.
They do f21 into lightning kick for a combo but you traited so now the lightning kick comes out on block and you can get d1xxFrom the deep = 45% damage lol

You are really reaching in your attempt to downplay him lol. That is such an arbitrary cutoff, and even then it fails to hold water given that there is an exception in Slayer.

Theo also just placed second in a big online tournament with almost 500 entrants, didn't he?
First of all, the initial topic was about his trait. I don't even know how this talk about how good Aquaman is overall became part of the discussion. So as far as his trait goes, I'm not downplaying anything. It's trash in this game. And if all anybody can do to dispute that is bring up how good the rest of Aquaman is, then I must have a point after all. Btw, don't bring up online tournaments in a discussion like this to help prove your point...ever.

Lokheit

Noob
The way I see it you don't want to activate it at the start of the string, instead you shoud use it at the time you know a launcher is comming so you stop the combo at a point where they won't be able to throw more hits with enhance chip damage and you will be blocking a move that generally will be negative on block, completly fliping the tables.

BookBurning

Voidwards
I said deep in top 8. If my memory serves me correctly, the top 4 didnt touch Aquaman, with the exception of Slayer...and he got demolished with him.
Why does "Deep in top 8." Even matter dude, it's top 8 lol? What, you need 3 in top 4 to feel validated in someone saying the character is super strong or something? Gimme a break.

Why does "Deep in top 8." Even matter dude, it's top 8 lol? What, you need 3 in top 4 to feel validated in someone saying the character is super strong or something? Gimme a break.
I replied to a comment where someone said Aquaman was the best character in the game, not just strong. So I stand by what I said. If that's the case, people should be winning with him or placing in the top 3 or 4 with him.

omooba

fear the moobs
you know how when someone tries to make a completely valid argument and it honestly makes sense, but then you remember that's the same person who said some dum shit like vanilla quan was fine... that's what this post is for me.
Bro I saw Brady's video and I've watched some tournament gameplay. If you're saying that Aquaman taking full damage while blocking after he activates trait is the way it should be, then you have to agree that it's one of the worst traits in the game.
you're honestly saying aquaman's trait working the way it currently is, is one of the worst in the game...bruh

I think Atrocitus has better footsies than Aquaman. It goes Black Adam, Deadshot, Atrocitus, then Aquaman. Aquaman's trait is garbage.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
While I agree he should take a bit more chip dmg with trait active. It should maybe be toned down a bit where he still has repercussions for using it but not that much where he takes like 20-30% chip. He is still very strong however.

He gets a free clash or a 1 bar clash why would you guys think this is weak? He can trait and push block which costs 1 bar. The timer is short enough so that it covers the vulnerability state. Essentially you are reducing most damage by half when in those scenarios. That is a great trait, especially given his tool set.

Bender

Product Manager. xBone tag: I3end3r.
Who all in the game can cause huge amounts of chip damage to Aquaman while his trait is active after he is no longer being comboed? Is it a large portion of the cast or a select few?
Aquaman can lol. But then again he can chip away the whole cast