What's new

Why do you use who you use.

Smoke:
1) F*cking amazin' intro.
2) mindfucks with his smoke towards/away.
3) combos where you need to time strict.

Sub-Zero
1) Controls most of the match and space.
2) Easy but high damaging combo's.
3) Need to use your brain to fight with him.

Kung Lao
1) Awesome Wakeup Moves.
2) Great low/high/overhead mixups.
3) Usefull teleport against Scorpions/zoners.
4) easily combo into Xray.
5) High pressure.

Also gonna take a look at Ermac cause he has some high damaging combos and can for his zoning.
Also gonna take a look at Reptile.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I originally mained Cage and Reptile because of my forceball fetish. Sort of dropped cage a while back though.
I guess I just really like Reptiles versatility, he can pressure from pretty much every distance with 3 types of projectiles and also rush in because of everyone's favourite elbow dash. I'm not going to drop him just because he became flavour of the month either.

<3 Reptar

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Sektor because ive used him since i was 4 years old and i dont plan on swapping now, f**k matchups ill use him no matter who im against.

plus annoying the other guy with rockets and flamethrowers is always fun!

RebelzPlague

I like to think I'm good.
Jax:
1) Robo arms
2) His fatality has been ironic since he's been around
3) He goes "Oh yeah!" like a thousand times a match
4) It's fun grabbing people out of they shit
5) I like aggressive grab characters in most fighting games, and Jax was the closest
6) T-bag for the lolz after du-bk

Rain:
1) His existence is a pun
2) Squirting people w/ water is such a silly was to kill them
3) I can pull off hella lot combos
4) Cool fatalities
5) I like to make it Rain

Kano:
1) Headbutts everywhere
2) When they see me rollin', they hatin'
3) Facial Hair of real Men
4) Yes, Kano does have to choke a bitch
5) Kan-O's, from a different game, but still as tasty (or dare I say, toasty)

And, I never really see any of them online, so I feel special.

My first choice was Ermac, but I got beat by two great Ermac players when I first played online, so I dropped him because I didn't think I could measure up.

Then, I switched to Cyrax and started getting tons of flack because of the bomb juggle/trap combos.

Sometime in between Ermac and Cyrax, I began to use Kano. Kano was my my first MK character back in MK1, and I like his character in general. I play as him in MK1 and UMK3, so it's only natural I use him now. And I still use him. I used him before the buff and after the nerf.

Then, I picked Scorpion. I don't really like Scorpion that much storywise, and I hate the colour yellow...but my god he just clicked with me.

When I first got the game, the first character I played as was Sub Zero. I really liked Sub in MK1-MK2. Then I decided to use Ermac for a while, he was amazing in umk3 and he was very easy to use in this game and had high damaging combos. After playing with Ermac I decided to try reptile, I liked his orb ball juggles in umk3. After tinkering around with a few others, I decided to give Cyrax a shot. He was my favorite in MK3. At first he felt awkward. As I kept using him I liked him more and more. I decided to stick with him because I like his playstyle. I like the fact that you can set up your opponent in countless booby traps. The possibilities are endless with Cyrax. it never gets boring playing with him. He has tons of combos and tons of ways to start them. I like his anti air game, pressure game, zoning game, I like it all! I also like the feeling of battling in a match and turning the screen into a warzone filled with bombs and explosions. It can be nerve racking to some opponents! Some call Cyrax cheap and braindead but thats not true.

To use Cyrax you must: have some creativity, be aware of your meter and your opponents at all times, know how to deal with pressure well as he has no easy special that gets him out easily unless you burn meter, know how to bait and set up people with booby traps, be able to read opponents patterns and act accordingly, with Cyrax you must be able to make good reads for the win. He's a very technical character with a high learning curve. He's awesome!

B

BlackHole

Cyber Sub Zero because I was running through characters to see who I liked and he just clicked with me. Kenshi because I always use Kenshi. And psychic powers are cool.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I started out maining lui kang because I rly wasn't tht good and I liked his easy combo potential. I became alrite w him, but was getting frustrated. And 1 day I cam across a video on youtube, emp tom brady vs eg justin wong. Tom was using sub and I knew I had to use sub too. I loved the mindgames and the fact tht tom was winning on pure reads amazed me. So I switched to sub zero andnever looked back. Plus ninjas are awesome