What's new

Why do you use who you use.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Its simple really, why do you play the character/ characters you main.

I play as Johnny Cage because
1. Favorite Character
2. His offensive game.

Wrathchild

Land Stander
Right now I'm maining Noob Saibot because:

1) Black Hole Reset fun time
2) Zoning
3) Some decent normals
4) Upknee is a beast
5) He's Bi-Han
6) FEAR ME!!!

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Johnny Cage because he's in your face, and has an amazing offense with launchers. He also has a fast special (Shadow Kick) and a top notch wake up attack.

Now only if he had some lows in his combos :)

Ermac.

I had never seriously played an MK game before 9 truthfully. They were all for fun games when I was a kid and the later games didn't interest me. When I picked up 9 I literally just picked a character that I thought was cool. I found his moveset and accessibility to be awesome, keep-a-way mixed with some serious combo potential made for a really fun character, plus he was an absolute badass.

Needless to say, my friends now call him EZMac when I play him, and some of his stuff does have moronic hitboxes, but I've put a lot of work into him, and I really enjoy him, and hopefully something will come of it.

Well my story is a bit different. I tired out all the characters in MK9 that I used to get my ass kicked by my cousins in UMK3 when I was little (Ermac, Shang, Reptile, Kabal) ah I remember those moments, their specials, combos etc destroying me. It turns out that I end up liking most of them. Which is Kabal/Reptile. The others I just messed around with and sorta end up liking, like Mileena/Sub/Noob.

JkOC

Noob
Sektor
Great damage, great teleprot, good zoning, good high and low combo starters, he has a great bait and punish game which is my fav part. The MK3 alt completes it for me.
Plus I like evil robots.

Kombo

Noob
I use Kung Lao, Sub, and Reptile the most.

Kung Lao because
1) Fav Character since MK2.
2) Rushdown.
3) Fun combos.
4) He cuts people in half with a hat!
5) He looks like Jet Li in this game!

Sub Zero because
1) Fav char since MK1.
2) Simple but fun combos.
3) He requires you to use your brain to play him.
4) He fucking freezes people!
5) Fav color is blue.

Reptile because
1) Fav char since MK2.
2) 2nd fav color is green.
3) Acid balls are fun!
4) He is the most unique ninja.
5) He has my fav X-ray.

CrashLand

Ready for Freddy
It's like Goldilocks.

Kung Lao was too easy.

Sheeva was too hard.

Liu Kang was juuuuuust right.

I thought they gave Liu a cool design in this game and he's pretty straightforward to use.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Well for me when MK9 first came out. It was going to be Jax and johnny Cage. I wanted to play Jax because he was my favorite old skool mk character and people said he suck. I didn't play Johnny Cage because( forgive Cage mains. This just my opinion) he is fucking braindead easy to use. No disrespect to the Cage players. So when I gave Johnny the bird. I went through the roster. And I narrow it down to Jade and Quan Chi. I pick Quan Chi because he is my favorite mk villain and he was always fun to play. I pick Jade because MK9 finally showed where she stands with the rest of the characters. And I needed some pussy to balance out my manly man.

Kwon

---->----
Sub-Zero all thanks to Tom "The Great One" Brady!

Also dabbling a bit in Smoke and Rain!

He shouts "SCOOBIYA!" Has ridiculously good corner-pressure (a huge + in a main for me). And he steals yo' frakking liver!

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
I play exclusively as Kano because:

1. He calls people bitches and spits on them. This is seriously the main reason...
2. He leaves his knives in.
3. His Choke is better than any fatality.
4. He's a versatile yet underrated character.
5. He's not flashy, just very effective.
6. At least once during the course of a match his opponent gets a face full of Kano ass...

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Sindel: 1. I used to won with her in the ladder, so I took her to online. somehow I eneded up owning with her there too haha
2. She is underrated so no one really knows how to play against her
3. Her zoning is the best in the game imo

Sektor: 1. Underplayed and underrated.
2. Easy combos to pull off.
3. Has zoning capabilities.
4. Has really bad matchups, which makes victory that much sweeter..

Cyber sub Zero: 1. Has good matchups mostly
2. Fun to use
3. Just a cool character
4. some high damage combos that while they are situational, are pretty easy to pull off.

Ermac: 1. Easy to pickup
2. Somewhat easy combos to pull off.
3. zoning capabilities(can control the match)
4. Has a really good matchup against subby, which i see way to often online lol

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I use Stryker, JC, Sub-Zero, Kenshi, Smoke and Ermac because they're my fav characters...no other reason

Altsa

After playing 14 characters I finaly picked Smoke and like him because:

1. He cant be zoned.
2. I love his towards and backwards teleports.
3. My opponent actually has a reason to fear me, no matter where I am on the screen.
4. Nice combos that require some timing to pull off and great knockdown pressure.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Subby

I like his anti rush down tactics- or... ice clone

I also have liked him ever since I played mk2. I just liked how the iceball helped me get combos easier.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I main Smoke. Why? 'Cuz I can, LOL.

No seriously, I use him because he is a remarkably fast character who really knows how to throw people for a loop. Constantly on the move, hardly ever stands still. This compliments both his rushing and his zoning with relative ease. People say he has no mix-ups, but in a way they are wrong. When you throw R1 into his game, they start thinking to duck without blocking only to eat a combo. I usually don't play offensively, but Smoke just fit so well with me.

Not to mention I fuckin' love his intro:

"Where there is Smoke, there is fire!"

King

Sig Maker
Sub Zero because
1) Fav char since MK1.
2) Simple but fun combos.
3) He requires you to use your brain to play him.
4) He fucking freezes people!
5) Fav color is blue.
This. And:

Noob because:
1) He looks freaking awesome.
2) I love the hate mail I get when I use him online.
3) He has mixups and mind games from full screen.
4) Actually need to use your brain to play him.
5) He sounds awesome.
6) Teleslam feels so empowering.
7) Hearing the opponent rage when you get them in the EX Ghost Ball reset.

AIBOSTON

Don't be mad!
I main Mileena. Why? I want quick and easy Kills! Mileena has always been consistent with that since MKII and has never let me down in terms of her moves. Plus shes such a funny character to play with. I love her Round winning and match winning poses in MK9. Such presentation! I LOVE IT! She puts on a show!

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Cyrax, because he was my first ever game character as MK3 was my first videogame, because i thought he was the yellow power ranger.

Cew

Noob
Cyber Sub-Zero, because he has almost every move I could want, and Sektor, because who doesn't want to shoot missiles from their chest?
Robots rock. :p
Also Baraka. Everything he does is so badass, and every fight is an uphill battle.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Kabal, because real men play characters that cause their hand real pain.

And I sub CSZ because he's ridiculous.