What's new

Why do you main the characters you main today?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Oh yeah and UMVC3 I haven't played much of it yet so I suck but I decided to go with some variation of Morrigan, Strider Hiryu, Vergil, Dante, Dr Doom or Spencer

Morrigan: ChrisG, zoning
Strider Hiryu: Seems like a decent zoner
Vergil: Damage and teleports and stuff
Dante: His guns look pretty cool (yeah I know that reason sucks lol)
Dr Doom: Seems like a decent character and infinites
Spencer: Dat zipline

Frostbarrier

I Protect The Fridge!
MK - Ermac: he can throw people in the air.

IGAU - Black Adam: He crosses his Arms.

SC - Nightmare: His sword is awesome!

Tekken - Kazuya: Yeah, He also crosses his Arms ... I can't say no to a guy with crossed Arms!

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
I tend to gravitate toward the flashy movesets, OG (badass)characters, double weapons and SWAG!
SC4 - Taki, Mitsurugi
SSF4 - Ryu, Gouken, Cammy and Yun
Tekken6 - Xiaoyu, Feng
MK9 - Kabal, Raiden
Injustice - Nightwing.
Unfortunately since the birth and growth of injustice, I fall into a low tier loyalist category. I pretend my character is viable all alone when subconsciously I really want to play a broken top tier but just have no interest in any. Maybe BG but she has no swag, double weapons or anything I could fixate on to have a viable character roster....

Fallen_sektor

I will show no mercy
sektor cuz he is amazing and rain cuz of his style

superman because i was sick of his zoning when igau started and batgirl cuz i knew she was cheap af

Clark Still and Goro Daimon, they were all mindgames with the grabbing game, Leona, too beast

my all time favorite Geesse Howard in svc chaos, ridiculously op, most broken character ive ever seen in any fighting game, great mixups, supers, grabs, parries, zoning, air zoning, most complete char ever

Hat tier.
Stryker and Nightwolf also have hats.

For me.

Lobo- Everything about him was so badass. And he's everything I want in a character, love at first sight but we've had a rough start.

Chun-Li- The only character I didn't suck with in SF. She's loads of fun too. I plan on getting back with her in USF4.

Kenshi- Zoning is fun as hell, and Kenshi is also fun as hell. BF2 is godlike.

Ayane- I loved spins, it looked dope, and purple hair is dope. And I didn't suck as bad with her.

Heihachi- The main guy when I play solo in TTT2, I just like him, and he seems like your best bet running solo.

Hwoarang/Jaycee- the most fun tag team I've played and led me to great things. The only team I've played with endlessly.

On my short time playing UMVC3 I always did like playing with X-23/Wesker/Dante. It was fun even if I had zero execution.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Mortal Kombat: Sektor

I wanted to use everyone in the kast since almost everyone is awesome in MK but since I knew I had to focus on a few characters in order to level up in the game, I decided to only use Red Characters. I chose Ermac first because he fit the "Red Reaper" theme but then I switched to Sektor because he felt better up klose. Over time I found that Sektor was exactly the character I wanted, technical and versatile.

Soul Calibur: Yoshimitsu

I really wanted to use his stances and mix people up with them but unfortunately he's not that kind of character. I eventually started getting better at his just frames but unlike Street Fighter just frames, they Truly are NOT pad friendly. The first time I ever felt like I was limited by pad was using this character. His high execution (pad problem) and the dying scene eventually made me just leave him to the side. Soul Calibur is my second favorite fighting game series but I don't think it'll ever make it to the level I want it to be as a scene.

Street Fighter: Ibuki

I just like her. I don't really play the game but SJC into Ultra is fun and looks siick. Tsumiji loops are also pretty fun when I've spent time practicing them..

MvC3: Firebrand

I really just like the character and if I was to play the game I'd just build a team around him. I was using Red Doom because he fits the "Red Reaper" theme and fits the team. I chose the Dog mostly for the assist/team aspect but I learned to like him for his troll aspect and "Flash Trait". I would've probably played this game if it was a 1 v 1 game, that way I kould just use Firebrand and level up.

Blazblue CP: Terumi, Valkenhayn

When I saw Terumi I realized that I had to use him. A hooded character that I kan make Red and that has a Reaper Super Move? He's fun but he doesn't seem that good from my limited perspective. I also use Valk because I love kancels and he turns into a bad ass wolf.. That said, other games have been taking up my time.

DOA5U: Ayane, then Rig, then Hayabusa, then Rig, then Sarah.

I originally started learning Ayane because I'm a Ninja Gaiden fan and she's my favorite character from that series. But after looking at other characters I began to main Rig since I like stance mix ups (making people feel stupid with them) and he's hooded. Then when I sent back my rental I no longer had him so I picked up Hayabusa in the free version. Now that I have the game though, I learned that I love Sarah's mobility and mix ups. She's like a better Rig to me.

Injustice: Arrow, Martian, Flash.

I like all three of these characters for different reasons but Arrow is my favorite. Almost all my time goes into Arrow but I am usually more successful with Martian and have found stuff with him. When I practice Flash it's usually just oki, RMS kancels, or Swag kombos, outside of that I don't use him much but I really do love those RMS kancels. I also have many other pocket characters that I use to give my training partner match up experience or just to see their potential. I am konstantly torn between working to be the best with my favorite or winning with Martian. Using Martian isn't really selling out to me because I picked him up Day 1 and like the character but I kan't ever leave Arrow for some reason.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Injustice: Because I get to play Superman in a modern fight that I enjoy. Even if he was completely terrible I would still main him.

MK9: Originally mained Liu cuz he was my favorite character as a child but then I got so much hate because of his "ease" online that I started trying other characters and Sonya just felt right.

Marvel 3: The only consistent is C.Viper, pretty much the same thing with Sonya, just clicked.

I have dabbled in pretty much every fighting game series, except for the anime fighters.

My maims for each are:

IGUA: Lex
KI: Sabrewulf
SF4 : El Fuerte (though I have decided to stop trying to enjoy Street Fighter, and I no longer play it)
SC5: Raphael
Tekken 6: Julia
MK9: Sub Zero
VF5: El Blaze
MvC3: Captain America, Hulk, and Iron Man
SFxT: Julia and King