What's new

Why do YOU have a passion for fighters?

SZSR

Noob
Any attachment to them from your childhood or just found it later in life and just got hooked?

I liked them because they were the only games that my brother and I could play without one hogging the controller.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
MKII was the first game I became "addicted" to as a kid. It was the beginning.

It's kind of like playing chess. You're going 1 on 1 with someone and have to outsmart them. Plus I like to win. That's why lol.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Honestly, it all comes down to it being 1v1. Fighters requiring more skill than most other games is also a reason. It's ultimately about competition. Fighters are one of the only genres that truly give me that competitive feel and satisfaction. When I beat someone in a fighting game I know that the only reason they lost was because of me. I didn't rely on a teammate, I beat them. It's just so much more satisfying to me.

I'm just competitive at heart and Fighters fuel that competitive need. Plus... they're fun, lol.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Umk3 was the first game I ever played at 3 years old, it's been with me most of my life. :s

And that feeling when you beat someone in a 1v1 through smart plays, it's amazing.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
It's the only kind of non single player game that I can do decently in. I suck at FPS and other than fighting games I play RPG's mostly.

Espio

Kokomo
My passion for fighting games started cause my entire family loved them, first fighting game ever for me was MK2 I believe.

My sisters played Mileena and Kitana and my brothers played Raiden, Sub-Zero and Scorpion...I usually played the obscure characters lol.

It brought all of us together and it was a blast, trash talk and all the laughs.

I'm not a competitive person, but I love a good fighter...there's so much strategy behind fighting games that keeps me hooked.

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
I think I love the fast reactions you have to have, and I've always been drawn to martial arts so anything like MK, SF, etc. has been my love for 20 years.

Big Frog

Noob
Started with wrestling for me back in the 90's. I loved it back when guys would actually have themes like Sting, Kane, Undertaker, etc etc and fighters was the same kind of deal. Everyone had some type of theme mixed with the badassery, got hooked. I'm not even one of those people that seek competition or look for a tough challenge. I guess you could say I like the costumes and themes/movesets more than actually fighting...

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
It's all been said, the fact that it all depends on YOU. I also love the feeling when you win, and even better when someone gives you props.

It also looked cool. Especially the combos.

Grew up playing MK and KI for SNES. Played all the MK to UMK3, didn't touch 3d ones, (it didn't interest me). Than MK9 came out, which brought back memories of playing classic MKs with my cousins as a kid and getting comboed all day by Kabal, Shang, is the character that stands out. Joined I guess MK community or "FGC" 2 years ago, learned about other Fighters specifically Capcom. The skill and hype for FGs is unmatched, only thing that comes close is the Gears of War series, that community is HYPE.

I wanna keep learning, develop a deeper understanding where I can truly be a "top" player.