What's new

Question Why do so many people think he's #1 or #2?

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
It's not his offense that makes him so good, he has far better defense. Basically what Smarrgasm, he has so many tools that a lot of characters only have a few of.

@A F0xy Grampa

Yes Foxy, play Theo...

The logic here is.. well.. Cavemanish. But i guess when in Rome. With that being said, we will follow the logic:

Think about it, going back and fourth with me = Theo would beat you 30-5 and thats a FACT. You just dont know how good Aquaman is until you play Rico or Theo PERIOD. Foxy, have you ever player Rico's Aquaman? How about Theo? I suggest getting in games with them first or you dont know how good Aqua is. I take responsibility for this, I shouldnt be fighting Foxy, I should be blowing him out and showing the true power of Aquaman.

Rico is on 360, get in games with his Aquaman today.

On topic, I can see him as top 5 but not top 2.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Does WoWo beat aqua or something?

also, I see a lot of mentioning about footsies and tools from WoWo, BA and GL. Frost doesn't have the tools they have or the footsies and she still beats him. I don't get it
She doesn't have a footsies, but she does have a single hit low launcher that leads to good damage. The whole combo can even run out the trait so you could still get a vortex.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
@A F0xy Grampa

Yes Foxy, play Theo...

The logic here is.. well.. Cavemanish. But i guess when in Rome. With that being said, we will follow the logic:

Think about it, going back and fourth with me = Theo would beat you 30-5 and thats a FACT. You just dont know how good Aquaman is until you play Rico or Theo PERIOD. Foxy, have you ever player Rico's Aquaman? How about Theo? I suggest getting in games with them first or you dont know how good Aqua is. I take responsibility for this, I shouldnt be fighting Foxy, I should be blowing him out and showing the true power of Aquaman.

This will not end well

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
@A F0xy Grampa

Yes Foxy, play Theo...

Who is 2 then in your eyes? Batman? Zod?

also, I see a lot of mentioning about footsies and tools from WoWo, BA and GL. Frost doesn't have the tools they have or the footsies and she still beats him. I don't get it
Its a toss up.. it could be even or slight adv frost. She doesnt "beat him" unless you loop him successfully. Guessing right in a vortex isnt in the tier list equation because, if we go by the assumption that she is always going to guess right in vortex situations, she would beat everyone.

Both characters have things that are a pain for the other.

This will not end well
I could care less if Theo grew a Greek god beard and they changed Posidon's face to his in history books. And Darth Arma could come in here and make fun of me all he wants like usual, what I am about to say is the truth...

The logic is flawed. Even playing Rico or Theo doesnt put Aqua out of the top 5 conversation or into the top 2 conversation win or lose. For some reason, trading wins with someone like Foxy while using Aquaman seems unacceptable. There is this stigma that if you use Aquaman, you should be CRUSHING everyone by large margins. In IGAU, Aquaman is the only character that is put on a Kabal-like pedestal. When do we separate fact vs fiction?

Speaking of fact, how about some more fact.. REMEMBER WHEN KITANA WAS "TOP 5" AT THIS POINT IN MK9? "Those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it". The REAL fact is that Aquaman is in the conversation for top 5, there is no set in stone top 5 right now.

When someone pulls out Aquaman for ONE series and wins, Aquaman is unbeatable. The other weeks when they do so and lose, no one has shit to say about Aquaman. Its all revisionist history guys...

Last edited:

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
I think he's second or third. He just demolishes too many characters to be anything else, but rankings don't matter nearly as much as simply learning the matchup and playing around it as best you can, regardless of who your character is. Some simply do this more easily and with less adjustments than others.
@A F0xy Grampa

Yes Foxy, play Theo...

...must you? Every time...

RM Truth

She gets a vortex no matter what. She doesn't give a fuck about his trait Lol.

And she has many one hit launchers, slide isn't the only one.
He can't trait through B1 xx slide? I would think that if she did raw slide, he could interrupt it couldn't he?

RM Truth

Wait I'm confused. Give me a scenario
Nevermind. I looked at the frame data for her, and you could just go for raw slide off of her vortex without being interrupted. I always though you had to do B1 xx slide.

I think he's second or third. He just demolishes too many characters to be anything else, but rankings don't matter nearly as much as simply learning the matchup and playing around it as best you can, regardless of who your character is. Some simply do this more easily and with less adjustments than others.

...must you? Every time...
The point was to make fun of the belief that if I am fighting someone well that a different Aquaman will run them up. People make fun of me all the time and no one takes issue, cant I ever poke fun back? Whoops.. its TYM, nope..

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

I get it

U have a one hit launching low which disables any use of trait

What exactly do characters do without safe low one hit launching punishers to disable his trait?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Nevermind. I looked at the frame data for her, and you could just go for raw slide off of her vortex without being interrupted. I always though you had to do B1 xx slide.

F3/B1 is the standard vortex but against aqua, B1 is out of the question due to trait. But she still gets a 50/50 with F3 or slide even if he traits up.

Most aquas like to trait you during the grab because he'll be able to block Nj2 2. Even if he does that, he still has to respect the slide or F3 after the grab. All she must do is time when the grab wears off. She can even charge trait during the wait.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
I could care less if Theo grew a Greek god beard and they changed Posidon's face to his in history books. And Darth Arma could come in here and make fun of me all he wants like usual, what I am about to say is the truth...

The logic is flawed. Even playing Rico or Theo doesnt put Aqua out of the top 5 conversation or into the top 2 conversation win or lose. For some reason, trading wins with someone like Foxy while using Aquaman seems unacceptable. There is this stigma that if you use Aquaman, you should be CRUSHING everyone by large margins. In IGAU, Aquaman is the only character that is put on a Kabal-like pedestal. When do we separate fact vs fiction?

Speaking of fact, how about some more fact.. REMEMBER WHEN KITANA WAS "TOP 5" AT THIS POINT IN MK9? "Those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it". The REAL fact is that Aquaman is in the conversation for top 5, there is no set in stone top 5 right now.

When someone pulls out Aquaman for ONE series and wins, Aquaman is unbeatable. The other weeks when they so and lose, no one has shit to say about Aquaman. Its all revisionist history guys...
Don't you think you're putting words in everyone's mouth? Nobody is expecting Aquaman to crush everyone...but he asked "why does everyone think he's 1 or 2" so everyone is replying. You get so salty over the smallest shit lol chill man

Pig Of The Hut

@A F0xy Grampa

Yes Foxy, play Theo...

And @WoundCowboy

RM Truth

F3/B1 is the standard vortex but against aqua, B1 is out of the question due to trait. But she still gets a 50/50 with F3 or slide even if he traits up.

Most aquas like to trait you during the grab because he'll be able to block Nj2 2. Even if he does that, he still has to respect the slide or F3 after the grab. All she must do is time when the grab wears off. She can even charge trait during the wait.
Makes sense.

Pig Of The Hut

What's the successful% rate of KF d2ing aqua's ji2/3