What's new

Tech why do people not think lobo is very good?

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
i dont see how lobo has trouble starting offense. ex bf3 gets u in for free and puts u at +frames. u get in and can start abusing b13 all day and be at constant +frames its really terrifying for the opponent. his backdash is quick and recovers fast. i use it to get out of tough spots. doing things like quick backdash then ex bf3 for adv to get in or backdash db3 whiff punisher chain is gold in a lot of matches.
It's not really that he has issues getting in. But he has to spend meter to get in at + frames and he cant really play that walk back and forth, back dash and punish with a good forward advancing move game that the stronger characters are able to play.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I'm pretty sure that people are going to realize he's good when they understand exactly where he is going to thrive. I think he is going to be an amazing mid range character who will be able to poke with long reaching strings that can be cancelled into lows and junk. He has good damage, good pokes and great ways to get in and stay in. I do think his trait is kinda bad though.

something about not being able to learn the matchup/possible BS glitch or troll tech being discovered, like freddy's projectile immunity or something.

as for the topic... i dunno, who really cares tbh? a whole lot of stuff can and probably will change with the batgirl patch.
Actually I care. I am trying to main Lobo as of now so something like this would naturally interest me.

Going off your quote, he was banned because of them not being able to learn his matchup? Wow! I never knew they can ban a character for something that seems so innocuous. I wonder what is the glitch that was discovered.

Actually I care. I am trying to main Lobo as of now so something like this would naturally interest me.

Going off your quote, he was banned because of them not being able to learn his matchup? Wow! I never knew they can ban a character for something that seems so innocuous. I wonder what is the glitch that was discovered.
no i mean, why does anyone care what people think? at this same time (about 1 month in) in MK9's lifetime, a lot of people "thought" CSZ was top 10 lol.

there was no glitch actually discovered (yet), i think they just banned him out of fear of something gamebreaking being discovered with him. and yeah i read (not sure if it was a good source, i don' t remember where) it had to do with people learning the matchup thing as well, which i think is stupid because lobo players have to learn ALL matchups as opposed to non-lobo players just having to learn the lobo mu.

I love fighting game discussions because every move has the perfect scenario...
Was thinking just that. Probably because of the liberal use of the phrase "in the right hands" which is typically reserved for people who don't understand high level play and tier lists and try to justify why their low tier character is good.

no i mean, why does anyone care what people think? at this same time (about 1 month in) in MK9's lifetime, a lot of people "thought" CSZ was top 10 lol.

there was no glitch actually discovered (yet), i think they just banned him out of fear of something gamebreaking being discovered with him. and yeah i read (not sure if it was a good source, i don' t remember where) it had to do with people learning the matchup thing as well, which i think is stupid because lobo players have to learn ALL matchups as opposed to non-lobo players just having to learn the lobo mu.
Ah, I misunderstood regarding the who cares - gotcha now.
Yea, I know it sucks. I did checkout the thread on it. They stated they will difinitely add him in the next one.