What's new

Tech why do people not think lobo is very good?

jimzam

Noob
not trying to replace tom brady to the lobo community because i hope he can make a vid showing these points but listen up guys. lobo has been my close second to aquaman for a week now and i feel he is very good. im here to present some new tech strats as well so check it out

b12 is a great string that puts lobo at +4 well did u guys know he can COMBO off it by doing d1 czar throw? it works and u get easy 40% off advantage low

EX bf3 gives lobo +frames on block. this is very broken if used right because it means lobo can get in when he wants AND be at +frames for additional mix ups.

lobo is also the best grappler in game because his czar throw is very dangerous if used right. has ton of range and u can do set ups like quick forward roll into buffered czar throw that will catch many players off guard

instant ji3 is very broken especially in corner not much ur opponent can do aside from block high and guess correctly. this move sets up hard knock down that goes into more crazzy pressure loops

and yes yes i saw reos thread but i dont agree with his points. his exectuion just requires a bit of practice then u have it down no problem. only hard match i fought with lobo ireally s green lantern but its NOT that hard. lobo has a lot of great matches am i wrong in thinking hes a very good char? post your thoughts here and lets get the lobo train going

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
Lobo is not good because Grundy exists. Grundy is a better version of Lobo in almost every way. And if Grundy loses to the top 5 how do you think Lobo fares?

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
b12 is a great string that puts lobo at +4 well did u guys know he can COMBO off it by doing d1 czar throw? it works and u get easy 40% off advantage low
We know that, but good luck connecting that 100%...especially online.

I agree I think he is a good character. Right now I believe he still has some bugs like the batman frame trap for example.
Players need to make use of the shotgun for footsies, it's range is superior to the 3 and very fast. Mb shotgun is great for mid range zoning/conditioning.
His execution is too high. Seriously b12 can take a piss, grab MB b3. Personally I don't think it's that hard personally, a 1 frame link ain't too bad. There is double tapping in the game, helps alot.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I think Lobo is really good. Not sure why anyone would think otherwise.

It's like just cause REO or Brady say something about a character, you'll have a lot of "dick riders" as LOCO put it, who will agree blindly without any question. It's somewhat amusing.

jimzam

Noob
Lobo is not good because Grundy exists. Grundy is a better version of Lobo in almost every way. And if Grundy loses to the top 5 how do you think Lobo fares?
i disagree. i think lobo can be better then grundy in the right hands. lobo has a fast forward dash that goes under some projs that grundy wish he had. also lobo has chains that go half screen that keep players on there toes

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
i play both
grundy is a grappler with brawling capabilities, depends on setups more
lobo is a brawler with grappling capabilities, depends on mixups more

they both play very different, similar only because they both r close range
the argument of a character is no good because of another only works for clones like ryu and ken
each character is their own

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
I haven't been able to look at him much since he's banned at UFGT9. But I feel it's unfair to CALL A CHARACTER BAD THAT HAS ONLY BEEN OUT FOR A WEEK. I'm sorry who the hell does that? A week isn't enough time to say he's bad or good. Also what I notice from Lobo that is good is his forward, chain shoulder charge, and his fucking trait....it never goes away you one shell you got another one ready to load.

Why is he banned?
something about not being able to learn the matchup/possible BS glitch or troll tech being discovered, like freddy's projectile immunity or something.

as for the topic... i dunno, who really cares tbh? a whole lot of stuff can and probably will change with the batgirl patch.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
No character in this game sucks. Lobo has the ability to snowball really hard with some very good guesses. I'd say his design just like Shazam is very similar to abel if anyone is a fan of the street fighter series. His problem is all of his movement is meant for advancement but he has a hard time backing up. If you haven't noticed by now the characters with really good back dashes and good reach are turning out to be the most successful and thats because they can create more situations where they get to start doing damage. As it is lobo has a hard time starting offense from the ground which is an issue. Thats not to say he can't but not as easily the better characters in the game with good movement and reach on their normals.

That being said he has by far the best command grab in the game with lots of options into it. Execution problems is never an excuse for saying a character is bad though if that thread REO made is being used as the benchmark for why hes not good. Although I'm sure REO's reasonings are not based in execution difficulty.

jimzam

Noob
No character in this game sucks. Lobo has the ability to snowball really hard with some very good guesses. I'd say his design just like Shazam is very similar to abel if anyone is a fan of the street fighter series. His problem is all of his movement is meant for advancement but he has a hard time backing up. If you haven't noticed by now the characters with really good back dashes and good reach are turning out to be the most successful and thats because they can create more situations where they get to start doing damage. As it is lobo has a hard time starting offense from the ground which is an issue. Thats not to say he can't but not as easily the better characters in the game with good movement and reach on their normals.

That being said he has by far the best command grab in the game with lots of options into it. Execution problems is never an excuse for saying a character is bad though if that thread REO made is being used as the benchmark for why hes not good. Although I'm sure REO's reasonings are not based in execution difficulty.
i dont see how lobo has trouble starting offense. ex bf3 gets u in for free and puts u at +frames. u get in and can start abusing b13 all day and be at constant +frames its really terrifying for the opponent. his backdash is quick and recovers fast. i use it to get out of tough spots. doing things like quick backdash then ex bf3 for adv to get in or backdash db3 whiff punisher chain is gold in a lot of matches.