What's new

Question - Kitana Why do I keep hearing Kitana is not that good?

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
People downplay their characters because every one has strengths and weaknesses and as humans, we tend to give most of our attention to the negative and what bothers us than the positive.

DDTECH

H8TR MKR
Dont know royal dont think do, lately, ive been playing with a private group of guys in a private koth.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Did he just say Jax is brain dead pfft even 1-1 in the Damn corner needs proper timing or you'll drop it always 123 ddp f2-1-1-f2-1-1-124 db1 ex 1-1db1 just inputting that crap gets tricky
I notice that those strings Jax usually uses in corner combo have terrible vertical hitbox. They tend to miss under juggled opponent's body. Unlike Cassie, all of her corner combo fillers has amazing hitbox

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
Meterless varies from variation due to wrestler and pumped up having different enders that could lead to 2-3% more but meterless heavy weapons bnb mid screen could reach like from low 19 which is what you'll see most to high 25-30% which are hard as shit to pull of so his mid screen is technically..crap Air to air conversion I'd say roughly 28 to 30% due to f21 string allowing you to achieve a good 26-28%, up close mix up let's say with one bar and skilled player you will eat a 40% which should carry you to the corner allowing a continued combo of like 43-46% (2 bars) but a normal mix up from a regular player is like low 18 -23% ish but as I said his mid screen ain't all that.

Not here, but need we revisit the responses to the latest Kitana-nerf?

It has certainly become much better since and there's no need to beat a dead horse, but we can't just act like that thread never happened.
Yeah, I wasn't part of that so I can't talk. I'm just glad double scaling on ex-fan is gone.
But most people don't seem that salty since the second hotfix dropped.

Now with that out of the way, can we please get back to joking about people complaining about spamming in a fighting game?

Reactions: GAV

SeasonedGeisha

Make Harley Consistent 2k18
Who are you kidding? She's majority know for fan spamming, Anyone who looks at zoning ability needs to seriously get bent. Every katana i've come across loves to spam fans just unreally..
Lol, Almost every character in atleast on variation has zoning. Stfu. Find a counter pick then.

Xx-TGODPRINCE-Xx

New Patch!!!
She is freaking ridiculous! Almost everything she has is safe or can be made safe. She can zone out anyone, has a ton of armor moves, and can get massive damage from everywhere on the screen. You have to play a specific match-up to even have a chance against her

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
She can zone out anyone
Nope

You have to play a specific match-up to even have a chance against her
You need to block low and stop jumping like a noob to win her. Her d1 is -9 on block. If u block that don't counter poke, do a mixup instead. Don't be too predictable so her gimmick will fail. This applies to everyone

Xx-TGODPRINCE-Xx

New Patch!!!
Nope

You need to block low and stop jumping like a noob to win her. Her d1 is -9 on block. If u block that don't counter poke, do a mixup instead. Don't be too predictable so her gimmick will fail. This applies to everyone
I know that you need to blk low and not jump(I am not a newb). Her down 1 is -9 but there is also a range she is pushed back with the new fan reach on d1. Most ppl do d1 and fan so you cannot counter poke. Her air priority and ground priority is crazy. Safe on almost everything. Anyway enough of that shit...... All I'm saying is that for anyone to say she isn't good is a huge dummmbasssss! She got buffed to the high heavens and hasn't looked back since. Yes I can beat her and yes I have. Just acknowledging that she is crazy good, and you need to counter pick to beat her.... Or play a top tier. My most recent salt vs a Kitana is because i tried the Tremor match-up. With the new fix (stupid nerf) to tremor is his 2 is a high. She completely destroyed him haha! So stop acting like you know I'm jumping or not blocking low. She is a crazy good character. That controls everywhere on the screen. To play her online...... Best counter pick or die! Stop down playing!

I know that you need to blk low and not jump(I am not a newb). Her down 1 is -9 but there is also a range she is pushed back with the new fan reach on d1. Most ppl do d1 and fan so you cannot counter poke. Her air priority and ground priority is crazy. Safe on almost everything. Anyway enough of that shit...... All I'm saying is that for anyone to say she isn't good is a huge dummmbasssss! She got buffed to the high heavens and hasn't looked back since. Yes I can beat her and yes I have. Just acknowledging that she is crazy good, and you need to counter pick to beat her.... Or play a top tier. My most recent salt vs a Kitana is because i tried the Tremor match-up. With the new fix (stupid nerf) to tremor is his 2 is a high. She completely destroyed him haha! So stop acting like you know I'm jumping or not blocking low. She is a crazy good character. That controls everywhere on the screen. To play her online...... Best counter pick or die! Stop down playing!

Dude i've said it before in this thread, read read the thread! Nobody is downplaying her in this thread! She is good, we all know this.

And why shouldn't tremors standing 2 be a high? Enlighten me.

Xx-TGODPRINCE-Xx

New Patch!!!
Dude i've said it before in this thread, read read the thread! Nobody is downplaying her in this thread! She is good, we all know this.

And why shouldn't tremors standing 2 be a high? Enlighten me.
Well honestly his standing 2 being a high now took away his pressure. All the opponent has to do now is poke out as soon as they see a rock cancel coming. His standing 2 kept pressure going with that mid. Now all Tremor players (myself included) have is f4 that is a one hit/ non-cancel-able move that hits mid, and b1 which is a mid as well but not fast enough to beat out a low poke! So there is my reasoning. NRS jacked Tremors pressure and it's not like the character was dominating cause of 1 mid. He needs his standing 2 to be a mid in my opinion. Rock cancel..... poke...... Tremor beat. They didn't make his zoning fast enough too justify the 2 being a mid! My opinion tho! And ok, I never read your other replies, just one you quoted me in. My b

Well honestly his standing 2 being a high now took away his pressure. All the opponent has to do now is poke out as soon as they see a rock cancel coming. His standing 2 kept pressure going with that mid. Now all Tremor players (myself included) have is f4 that is a one hit/ non-cancel-able move that hits mid, and b1 which is a mid as well but not fast enough to beat out a low poke! So there is my reasoning. NRS jacked Tremors pressure and it's not like the character was dominating cause of 1 mid. He needs his standing 2 to be a mid in my opinion. Rock cancel..... poke...... Tremor beat. They didn't make his zoning fast enough too justify the 2 being a mid! My opinion tho! And ok, I never read your other replies, just one you quoted me in. My b
Dude, you do know that everyone's standing 2 and standing 1 hits high, right?

I understand that you're salty but this is universal throughout all characters.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
How about you armor through that d1 fan? Yep. Or block the d1 and I don't know....armor the fan? Or better yet block the d1 and armor the fan.

Xx-TGODPRINCE-Xx

New Patch!!!
Dude, you do know that everyone's standing 2 and standing 1 hits high, right?

I understand that you're salty but this is universal throughout all characters.
Yes I know this 2 is a high. Every character should be its own. Screw universal, no character is alike in MKX hardly so why should everyone have universal. In that case everyone jump attacks and pokes should all be the same. I said my opinion anyway...... so it doesn't matter what others think.