What's new

Why Did You Pick Sektor?

Robotic

Gentleman.
Same here man, main Sektor/sub Reptile

Doesnt get much betta then that ;)
I was hoping to do this too, until I saw Reptile's design :( Jurassic fetishist designer struck again. But then, MK1 costume may have saved the day. I'm currently trying out Quan Chi (fun as all hell, I hope the hotfix makes him viable), Reptile has become an option again...

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I find it pretty interesting how so many people enjoy Reptile AND Sektor. Probably due to them both being extremely fun, I wouldn't say Reptile's quite as challenging though, but to be fair I main Reptile and sub Sektor. Still not at that level with Sek just yet!

Time to work on some combos on Liu Kang and Kano. Their suffering never ceases to amuse me!

to be honest release week, i made smoke my main, i played smoke to hell the first few weeks, learning his 40% juggles and making people quit online due to how online friendly smokes juggles are, however i soon tried sektor, and thus ended my smoke days. i love seeing 52% for 2 bars. i admit reptile has become my main as he always has been in the past and i love him more than anyone in this game, but sektor and ermac are my subs for life!

GNG Iniquity

to be honest release week, i made smoke my main, i played smoke to hell the first few weeks, learning his 40% juggles and making people quit online due to how online friendly smokes juggles are
I used to main Kano....nothing can top that. God, I got so many brainless wins with that stupid X-ray. You can attempt to play an 'advanced' Kano but what's the point? You're always gonna fall back on knife spam, up ball wakeups/get outta my face and x-rays for easy wins. Makes Liu Kang look like a difficult character in comparison.

GNG Iniquity

i hate the kano spam game, it works too well online =)
Yeah, I've gone from playing the character to contemplating just turning off my console once I see him online. I welcome Liu Kang, Smoke and Raiden in comparisson. Cannot stand Kano, at all.

Robotic

Gentleman.
I wish I majored in Psycology, to find out the correlation between the mutual respect of Sektor AND Reptile. I notice us Sektor players tend to shy away from popular choices for the most part...

GNG Iniquity

I wish I majored in Psycology, to find out the correlation between the mutual respect of Sektor AND Reptile. I notice us Sektor players tend to shy away from popular choices for the most part...
For me, it was just narrowing it down by the characters throughout the series I've liked and their playstyles:

Kano: Way the hell too easy, nothing to really ever advance in, cannot improve this character.
Scorpion: Has potential, but not really my thing at the moment, feels far too spear reliant for me.
Kabal: Generally feels robotic with the F2,3 strings. Dash canceling is a pain in the ass. Very good character but not enjoyable to play.
Jade: I've been neglecting you, I'm sorry!
Sub-Zero: Great character, but he's just not my style.
Reptile: I love you and always will. Can I have a bad time playing you, honestly?
Sektor: Forget Mustard, Ketchup reigns supreme.

Interestingly enough, Reptile and Sektor essentially have the same behavior. They both don't give a fuck with their power hungry personal agendas. Neither of them have any actual affiliation.

maybe because they both have an awesome bf2 move :) flamethrower and elbowdash. You can't beat that. I love reptiles mk1 costume and how he can punish with his elbowdash and i also love sektor punishes and design. I feel like i dont need to overthink their gamestyles..it just occurs naturally as they are both good zoners and can mix up into very high 1 meter/no meter combos that are cake once you've got them down. Also they both have a great pressure move > sektors being his homing missle and reptiles being his exsfb.

well one of the main reasons i picked him was because he was my favorite cyborg in umk3...and because..hes a fucking robot lol. But seriously, he has an underrated mix-up pressure game after you shoot off his homing missle. He is also so fun to watch with special moves such as his flamethrower,missles and tu. People dont expect to play against sektor so when they do they don't know how to deal with him most of the time. I love his 12b1 because there are alot of oppurtunities to punish people with it leading into a 30-36% combo. I also love his overhead 122 combo. His b34, u34 TU combos are superb against turtlers. The one flaw with sektor is that i dont use his leg lift that often. I know it can be played to where you can dash cancel out of it or use it to hit a low crouch blocker but its just to slow on start up and the range is pretty bad. I need to start implementing it into my Sekt game though because it can be useful to confuse the opponent for a mix up or dash in and throw. Sektors visually is a great cyborg design and doesnt look corny like csz imo. I also love the fact that nobody picks him and he's not overused and exploited like Smoke and Scorpion etc. This adds to his mystique and overall satisfaction to winning with him. His zoning tools are what really pushed me to play him as i can deal with cage, sub and reptile players pretty easily with him. His flamethrower is probly my favorite anti-air or move in the game and is an excellent zoning weapon against jump ins and rushers. I also love that the EXTU is safe on block, as it can be used to bait the opponent to thinking they can punish you then you flip it on them and punish their move. Although Sektor can get trapped easily i play a style with him where i confuse the opponent and play keep away then let them try to get in on me and once they finally get in i punish their blocked combos with a 12b1 combo. All in all Sektor to me plays in my style very well and fits in how i want to go about fighting the match, zoning & getting in and punishing.

As for my sub..well i havent mastered another fighter like i have Sektor but the closest would have to be Reptile and/or Noob. I love reptiles ability to punish and get in when it counts as a compliment to Sektor against certain characters that need to be matched against a more aggressive offense to be beaten. Noob is just fun to play and i think his playstyle is unique like Sektors, but relies more on zoning.

I am also trying to play with Quan Chi but it feels like im putting in much more work then needed to win matches with him :/ Hes great with meter, but without its sort of a grind.

I also use reptile and sektor. Im pretty sure that you also switch to reptile when you get too much kung lao pressure xd. Sektor is also my fav since umk 3 and his skin was so cool. The only thing that bothering me right now is that tiers kinda matter. Reptile makes it so easy to me against offensive ppl but i have a whole strategy orientated sektor wich im better against harder players tough. Only kung lao is easyer with reptile but i want to reverse the situation and get a godlike sektor. We dont see sektors in finals and all but it must be cool to attain that level of skill with him.

Robotic

Gentleman.
I also use reptile and sektor. Im pretty sure that you also switch to reptile when you get too much kung lao pressure xd. Sektor is also my fav since umk 3 and his skin was so cool. The only thing that bothering me right now is that tiers kinda matter. Reptile makes it so easy to me against offensive ppl but i have a whole strategy orientated sektor wich im better against harder players tough. Only kung lao is easyer with reptile but i want to reverse the situation and get a godlike sektor. We dont see sektors in finals and all but it must be cool to attain that level of skill with him.
The game is only 3 months old. I don't know if anyone follows SF4 hardcore in here, but NO ONE was thinking twice about Adon. That is, until GamerBee knocked Justin Wong out of Evo, placed top 8 and won some tournaments thereafter with him. People really began to look at Adon just because of GamerBee's brilliance with him.

Who knows what characters will be taking trophies home even 9 months from now. Here's hoping it's an overlooked one. If it's a Sektor, we'll see plenty of new people in this very thread :)

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
At first I was going to learn Quan Chi and Ermac. Day 1 I learned some Quan Chi combos, but I was new to everything that is MK and said, "F THAT" and went to Ermac entirely. I only played him cause I liked him in UMK3, but I got bored of him real quick. So other than liking certain characters like Rain and Ermac from other games my choices end up coming down to, how often will I play the mirror match and is this person viable online?

Seems like people who play low tier do so because they like to play characters they never see played or they just happen to like the style of all the characters who got the short stick in some situations. Who knows? :drink:

Edit to my post. I overwon my fear against kung laos yaaay. Sektor can be so tricky when using nice strategys. Reptile can take a break from now on. I think i leveled up somewhere in the process wich satisfy me. I stil wonder how i would do against wonderchef tough... i frigin live in europe ><

JkOC

Noob
I main with him and Cyber Sub, Im an average player and his skill set fits me perfectly, and is really fun. Always been a fan of the robots(Mk3Kostume patch soon i hear too). I really started using him a lot the more I had to fight scorpions online and how well I fought them with Sektor, and the character just grew on me.

Slego

The Saltan of Salt
I main Kabal, but Sektor is a very close alt. His ability to combo from any angle, the zoning, and the high damage combos fit my playstyle pretty well, that and I have a good friend who alts Cyrax, so we've got kind of a ketchup and mustard tag team going on.

MeZMeRiZe

Excellence is my presence
Hey I got a secret for you guys........ Sektor is godlike. I think he is one of the most underrated characters in the game.

I don't think he's as badly underrated as people say. I think that anyone who really knows what he can do knows he's good. He's more undiscovered than underrated.

He's clearly not low tier by any means though. I'm sure he'll start popping up in tournaments soon.

JkOC

Noob
The MK3 skins for Sektor and Cyrax are already out!
Come with free download of the compatibility pack!
I got it day 1, I was referring to the patch for ps3 that will allow me to use it online without the annoying desync, sorry I wasn't clear.

main. Sektor
Alt . Mileena
i main Sektor because he was my main in MK3 lol and that his armor in based of Predators out( and we ALL KNOW predator is BAD ASS lol and plus my favorite colors are red and black lol...
but seriously tho i mained sektor because he has a good zoning game, most of his BNB'S take Decent damage. and he's fun to troll with online. and this is my opinion.. he has one of the best AA's in the game. FlameThrower FTW!!:flamethrower: