What's new

Strategy Why block low against a Black Adam?

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
if catwoman doesnt have trait then she doesnt have invincible wakeups.
theres a thread about how to stuff grundys shit in this section.

if you think my ifnormation is false then explain why.

well with this thread as just 1 example, you posted chars that you said dont have any invin wakeups that do, thats false.
pretty cut and dry there man

yea ive seen that video,its just against 1 wakeup, and i didnt see anything about WCC anywhere either.
also to take your approach on catwomans wakeups, if he doesnt have trait he cant do that to a normal uncanceled wc :confused:
like i said ggs stuffing all grundy wakeup options 10/10

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Take a D3 to ambiguous cross up, then you'll understand why blocking low every now and then vs BA is a good idea.

Black Adam will mess you up if you let him keep momentum. Auto piloting and blocking high will get you downloaded and bodied.
Yeah...no.

By the time the d3 animation is done the opponent is already up, recovery frames are horrible. IDK what you're talking about there

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
well with this thread as just 1 example, you posted chars that you said dont have any invin wakeups that do, thats false.

yea ive seen that video,its just against 1 wakeup, and i didnt see anything about WCC anywhere either.
also to take your approach on catwomans wakeups, if he doesnt have trait he cant do that to a normal uncanceled wc :confused:
like i said ggs stuffing a grundy wakeup 10/10
im talking about the thread I posted.

normal uncanceled WC can be negated in another way but i wont go into it cause its not actually stuffing.

were not talking in absolutes. she doesnt always have an unstuffable wakeup, he cant always stuff WC. done.

let me know about any other false info if this is just 1 thread

1man3letters

im talking about the thread I posted.

normal uncanceled WC can be negated in another way but i wont go into it cause its not actually stuffing.

were not talking in absolutes. she doesnt always have an unstuffable wakeup, he cant always stuff WC. done.

let me know about any other false info if this is just 1 thread

nah man, your ok.
your rather moan and try twist your words at someone for telling you that your wrong than to just accept it and say thanks for the corrrection.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
nah man, your ok.
your rather moan and try twist your words at someone for telling you that your wrong than to just accept it and say thanks for the corrrection.
Catwoman has no fully invincible wakeups unless she has trait.

I said that before after you pointed it out. Was it really worth insulting a friend over it?

1man3letters

Catwoman has no fully invincible wakeups unless she has trait.

I said that before after you pointed it out. Was it really worth insulting a friend over it?

im dont wana be talking in circles so im sorry if you felt insulted by what i said

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
All of them characters have invincible wake ups :coffee:.
In my experience, I have stuffed every single one of those I mentioned except CW trait and Joker which I can't stuff reliably and can get a trade which sometimes gets me more damage. Perhaps they were mistimed or they're not really fully invincible.

Error

DF2+R2
I don't think there's any character that you shouldn't block low/high against because every character in this game has some overhead or low, I'd obviously prefer to block against their fastest launcher first, but I'd be aware of any thing else they can do because a knock down or a normal that gives a lot of damage/advantage on hit is still not a favorable situation. In MK9 people though there was no reason to block low against Smoke, so they ate d3s/d4s and sweeps for days.

not everyone.

and those select few wakeups are invincible because you have to be sure they hit or you die
Killer Frost.

LaR

Noob
In my experience, I have stuffed every single one of those I mentioned except CW trait and Joker which I can't stuff reliably and can get a trade which sometimes gets me more damage. Perhaps they were mistimed or they're not really fully invincible.
When you're stuffing the wake up it's because you hitting them after the invincibility wears off. Most wake ups only have 7 frames of invincibility but there are some wake ups that are fully invincible like black adams lighting cage.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
When you're stuffing the wake up it's because you hitting them after the invincibility wears off. Most wake ups only have 7 frames of invincibility but there are some wake ups that are fully invincible like black adams lighting cage.
Doesn't that mean the ones I mentioned aren't fully invincible? Do you know any wakeups those chars I said have that are invincible? I need to test them again.

LaR

Noob
Doesn't that mean the ones I mentioned aren't fully invincible? Do you know any wakeups those chars I said have that are invincible? I need to test them again.
Yes they must only have 7 frames of invincibility. There are only a few specials that are fully invincible. Also know that when your stuffing those wake up attacks you could be punished by a 6frame move.

1st off at least two of them are wrong man, stop spreading all this false information like its fact,
im suprised GGA Dizzy hasnt cuffed u up and sent you to false information lock down.
catwomans trait fully invincible (just found out today on all 5 levels aswell) and your going to beat grundy wakeup options? :eek: ggs trying that 10/10
Bane can beat grundy's wake ups consistently with venom.

like i said ggs stuffing all grundy wakeup options 10/10
Bane can d1~bf2. Not only damages Grundy but causes WC to miss.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2