What's new

Strategy Why block low against a Black Adam?

Gizmo235

Noob
Is there really any reason to block low when fighting a black adam? As far as I can tell, if you never block low in the entire match, all that he would be able to hit you with is his d3 and lightning strike, and his bomb if you stay in it...

And you cant combo off d3, or lightning strike can you?
d3 does 7% which is meh
lightning strike does 10/20 depending on if it is MB'd but has a 25 frame startup which you could probably block on reaction since it is literally the only thing you need to look out for to block low and is pretty easy to notice.

Am I missing some big thing or what cause when I watch people play against black adam they seem to be blocking low a lot of the time which I dont understand against a black adam whose moveset is mostly overheads... Is it to try to dodge the first hit of a 1 string or what :/

He gets a lot of his frame traps and chip damage off of you blocking high. Going low makes a majority of his shit whiff.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
He gets a lot of his frame traps and chip damage off of you blocking high. Going low makes a majority of his shit whiff.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Aside from 1, I don't see what else? His main block strings are 22 and B2, either wiff on duck.

I think its just people conditioned into generally blocking low against pokes, and black adam is pokey.

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
Take a D3 to ambiguous cross up, then you'll understand why blocking low every now and then vs BA is a good idea.

Black Adam will mess you up if you let him keep momentum. Auto piloting and blocking high will get you downloaded and bodied.

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
Because if you dont block low you'll give a B.Adam an untechable knockdown and if the player's know his shit you'll be in a sticky situation. There some deadly setups after an untechable knockdown, like double cross ups into other setups.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You should always be blocking low after blocking his overheads anyway.

Just in case someone goes YOLO LIGHTNING STURRK

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
FYI, B2 is a wakeup killer.

if he sweeps you down then you're not getting up with a wakeup.

D

Deleted member 9158

Does MB lightening from full screen ring a bell or are you just trying to get a ruse out of us

Gizmo235

Noob
to people talking about knockdown->setups, thats actually useful feedback.

@people talking about lightning, read the full post before you respond with things that I already talked about. Do you really think im saying NEVER block low?

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Does MB lightening from full screen ring a bell or are you just trying to get a ruse out of us

Think hes talking about up close.

Full screen yes, but up close, you have no reason to as B2 is such a good launcher.

D

Deleted member 9158

Think hes talking about up close.

Full screen yes, but up close, you have no reason to as B2 is such a good launcher.
true, because beyond that extremely annoying projectile he doesn't have any lows besides D3 to the best of my knowledge. So yeah up close there's no reason to block low

Gizmo235

Noob
You should always be blocking low after blocking his overheads anyway.

Just in case someone goes YOLO LIGHTNING STURRK

So always block low after overhead... What if he cancels overhead into trait into another overhead. Then you just gave him a free full combo cause your blocking low for no good reason didn't you? And trait->b2 has less startup than lightning strike if I am not mistaken.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
So always block low after overhead... What if he cancels overhead into trait into another overhead. Then you just gave him a free full combo cause your blocking low for no good reason didn't you? And trait->b2 has less startup than lightning strike if I am not mistaken.
you'd obviously not do it in that situation.

Gizmo235

Noob
you'd obviously not do it in that situation.

So what your saying is block low on reaction to lightning strike. So you obviously didn't read the initial post at all since I already had said that in there. Instead you just responded to the title of the thread cause you were too lazy to read :/

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
So what your saying is block low on reaction to lightning strike. So you obviously didn't read the initial post at all since I already had said that in there. Instead you just responded to the title of the thread cause you were too lazy to read :/
Maybe you should read my posts before replying.

He can do random shit once in a while, he can blow you up if you never blocked low.

that's the point.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
catwoman aquaman grundy superman doomsday hawkgirl joker maybe more

1st off at least two of them are wrong man, stop spreading all this false information like its fact,
im suprised GGA Dizzy hasnt cuffed u up and sent you to false information lock down.
catwomans trait fully invincible (just found out today on all 5 levels aswell) and your going to beat grundy wakeup options? :eek: ggs trying that 10/10

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
1st off at least two of them are wrong man, stop spreading all this false information like its fact,
im suprised GGA Dizzy hasnt cuffed u up and sent you to false information lock down.
catwomans trait fully invincible (just found out today on all 5 levels aswell) and your going to stuff a grundy wakeup? :eek: ggs trying that 10/10
if catwoman doesnt have trait then she doesnt have invincible wakeups.
theres a thread about how to stuff grundys shit in this section.

if you think my ifnormation is false then explain why.